main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

X-Men 3 starts prod. in June 2005

Discussion in 'Archive: The Amphitheatre' started by TheEmperorsProtege, Sep 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tatooine_Fireman

Tatooine_Fireman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2003
    I read that Kelly Hu (Lady Deathstrike) has signed up.

How would that work?

I don't know...I think she doesn't know either. She didn't know if she'd be back for a part in the movie, or for stunt-work only.

2. Darth-Mampf

Darth-Mampf Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 28, 2004
    @fixer:

the only problem is that johnny depp is a litte bit too short...

so long...

tomzki

3. TheEmperorsProtege

TheEmperorsProtege Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2004
    Some Good News for the X-Men here

-Mel

4. TheEmperorsProtege

TheEmperorsProtege Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2004
    again some good news (depends on your pov though)...

Joss Whedon Not Involved with X-Men 3
    Source: WHEDONesque
    October 24, 2004

WHEDONesque attended the Joss Whedon fundraiser for the John Kerry campaign in which he finally put to rest rumors about X-Men 3:

Joss also said he would NOT be directing Xmen3, he wasn't going to be writing or directing it?he thought long and hard about it but Fox didn't ask him and if he showed up to start directing it would be a faux pas.

-Mel

5. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    They better find a director soon or this will never be out by '06.

6. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    Well, it looks like Joss Wheadon isn't doing this one:

Whedon Denies X-Men Rumor

Buffy the Vampire Slayer creator Joss Whedon told fans at a John Kerry fund-raising event in Los Angeles Oct. 24 that he won't be writing or directing the third X-Men movie, despite persistent rumors to the contrary. "I did promise I would say whether or not I'm going to be directing the third X-Men movie, and the answer is, I'm sorry to say, no," Whedon told fans gather for a "High Stakes 2004" event in Hollywood. "Quite frankly, I thought about it for a long time, I looked into my heart, and I realized that Fox didn't ask me to," he added, with tongue in cheek.

Whedon was one of several Buffy-related guests who appeared at the fan event, organized to raise money for the Kerry presidential campaign, which drew more than 250 fans who paid a minimum of $50 each to attend. Whedon was joined by Buffy and Angel cast members Alyson Hannigan; her real-life husband, Alexis Denisof; Nicholas Brendon; Danny Strong; Adam Busch; Amber Benson; Amy Acker and J. August Richards and Firefly star Nathan Fillion, who also stars in Whedon's upcoming Firefly movie, Serenity. Whedon also spoke via conference call to 41 other similarly themed fan parties across the country, from Alaska to Washington state to New York.

With regard to the X-Men projects, Whedon added, "Ultimately, the fact that I'm writing the X-Men every month in the Astonishing X-Men [Marvel comic] and that I have the best artists in comic books working with me is getting my 'X' fix on just fine. I'm writing a screenplay of my own right now, and it'll be nice to work on something that wasn't created by me or anybody else many years ago."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.