main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV X-Men 3

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Axia_Euxine, Jul 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Axia_Euxine

Axia_Euxine Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2003
    X-MEN 3

Hollywood North Report is reporting that Halle Berry will not be back for the third Westchester-based mutant movie. According to an insider, "Halle was ready to do X-Men 3 , but only if Storm was given more storyline, but the studio sees the third movie as a means to wrap up the trilogy, and that means Storm won't be featured more than Hugh Jackman's Wolverine. Halle has now passed on the third movie because she's not into bit-parts. She's an Oscar winner and she wants roles that test her." Allegedly, producers are now apparently looking to singer and actress Christina Milian as a possible replacement.

while Halle Berry was none of ours first choice to play Storm I wish she would continue the part, I would perfer the continuity myself. Plus this Christina appears to be about 12. I LOATHE hollywood. Are they ever gonna do anything right? Anyway, I thought I would pass on the news.

2. Inaen

Inaen Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 17, 2002
    O.....M......G.....

I disliked Halle too in the movie, but Christina Milan?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

O...........M..............G.........I hate Hollywood Dufuses

3. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    Next thing you know, they'll cast Sinbad as Bishop.

4. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    [hollywood]Wait... Sinbad, eh? That's not half bad! Get on the horn with his agent! And also, get Steve Martin to play Cable... we won't have to dye his hair![/hollywood]

I think the most disturbing thing in that story isn't that they're changing actresses for Storm, but that X-Men 3 is supposed to "wrap up the trilogy".

I don't want a trilogy, I was an endless string of awesome mutant movies, with Brian Singer strapped to a chair so he can do nothing but make them for the rest of his life!

5. GersonSith

GersonSith Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2002
    Why her? Can she even act? Dang it, why not vivica fox, gabrielle union, sanaa lathan, you know, people who have made successful movies already? I freakin hate Halle Berry.

ps - Inean, how about editing your post a little bit so we don't get all messed up here.

6. MR-V1N

MR-V1N Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2003
    (OMG) OH MY GOD!!!

7. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    SUPERMAN/X-MEN 3

Ain't It Cool News claims that "the deals for Bryan Singer, Michael Dougherty & Dan Harris have been closed to helm & write from scratch the new 'Superman' film. Singer, Dougherty and Harris worked together to make 'X2: X-Men United.' The J.J. Abrams script has been completely tossed out. Not of shred of it will remain. That McG ordered 'Superman' cybersuit that Stan Winston's brilliant craftsmen were paid zillions to create is gone!" This also seems to affect a certain mutant-themed sequel: "X3 will be made after 'Superman' by Singer, or Fox will leave him behind and continue forward with a new director."

I swear if fox gets another director for X3 I will make it my personal mission in life to ruin the lives of everyone that worked on Superman! While I find the idea of Singer working on Superman appealing Ill rip rip heads off of skulls if I have my Phoenix story tampered with! OMG I think Im gonna have a stroke. LEAVE MY X MEN ALONE YOU EVIL SOUL SUCKING PRODUCERS!!!!

(update)

"X-Men" series director Bryan Singer signed a deal Friday to develop and direct Warner Bros.' new Superman adaptation, replacing McG who withdrew due to location and budget differences. Variety reports that Singer is expected to work with X2: X-Men United writers Michael Dougherty and Dan Harris to draft a film that starts production late this year in Australia.

The trade says that a tug-of-war over Singer's next project had been going on for weeks, with Fox's X-Men 3 competing with Warner's remake of Logan's Run to land the helmer. It now looks likely that Singer will not do the third "X-Men," even though he has an overall deal with Fox.

Besides the recent exit of helmer McG from the project, producers Neal Moritz and Gilbert Adler have apparently disappeared from the scene as well. The fate of producer Jon Peters also is up in the air.

The studio apparently scrapped a J.J. Abrams script that WB once was high on, and has tapped Australia as a reasonably priced shooting location, with a budget said to be around $200 million.

Singer also is said to have a new take on the film. Before his involvement, it was to revolve around Superman's battle with Lex Luthor and a mysterious figure from Krypton who has come to hunt down the Man of Steel.

"My interest in Superman dates back many, many years," Singer said. "In fact, it was the Richard Donner classic film that was my day-to-day inspiration in shaping the X-Men universe for the screen. I feel that Superman has been late in his return and it is time for him to fly again."

I CANT BELIEVE THIS! Now the third and potentially coolest Xmen movie ever will be ruined becuase Singer wants to do a movie that WE"VE ALREADY FRIGGING HAVE!!! Its called Superman, go rent it signer and get your head out of your (censor).

This is so unfair. If this turns out to be true I'll never go see another movie again. Id rather they not make it all instead of dragging in into the mud. Superman, bah! WHO CARES!

8. Inaen

Jun 17, 2002
    You know when I read this in the paper this morning, I had a feeling Axia's head would explode.

Now that it has, I do have one consoling thought:

At least now Christina Milan wont play Storm.

9. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    She still may and she'll be directed by John Woo or some other travesty of a director

10. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    Yeah, I feel your pain Axia.

11. Petra_Blakkwing

Petra_Blakkwing Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    Axia...you missed the most important part of that article....like the fact that Warner Bros. is remaking Logan's Run...you know, the SEXIEST movie EVER!!!!

12. Luminara_Jade

Luminara_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    holy crap! how will people cope with the ZEXINESS of it ALL! more heads will surely EXPLODE!

POOP!

13. DarthDarkstar

DarthDarkstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    Thats funny, I read the paper today, and the Article about Brian Singer came up and I was so excited about it that I actually cut it out and posted it on my wall in my office. I, unlike most here, am TOTALLY fine with him making a Superman movie and putting off x3... though I am way stoked about X3, it has been a lifelong dream of mine to actually watch a new Superman movie in the theaters and be old enough to remember what the crap was happening (I dont remember ever going to the one in 1987).. After this movie, I could care less what Hollywood does with ANY comic movie since this is my dream...my icon...my legend... and it will live on!!!!!!

unless it sucks, then I'd be pissed.

14. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    Theres only been one good superman film and that was the first one, all the other movies and television seeries blew. And X3 wont be delayed it will be made by someone else which means my Life long dream of a Phoenix movie will be made by some hack so they can revisit a Superhero that has been done to death on film.

15. GersonSith

GersonSith Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2002
    And technically done to death in the comics too. Maybe the movie will be the Death of Superman?

16. Acthar_Sm-Ith

Acthar_Sm-Ith Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2002
    they should have left superman dead.

17. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    Phoenix can kick Superman's butt so NAH!

18. Inaen

Jun 17, 2002
    Hmmmph...what about Aquaman...

He could talk to the fishes....what can superman and phoenix do?!?!?!

19. Jankarakk

Jankarakk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 27, 2003
    Well Phoenix can do something that they needed a Death Star to do in Star Wars...

20. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    Actually Phoenix can do what the Sun crusher can, she's more powerful than a Death Star. Shes so sexy with her civilization-destroying, spandex-wearing, sun-consuming self!!

Aquaman? Oh please, he can swim, woooooooooooo! <waves hands in front of face>

"Watch out my evil henceman, Aquaman is swimming at us!"

"Here sir! Stand on the beach!"

"Whew! That was close!"

21. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    weighing in in the corner and wearing green spandex with fishy scales...

DC comics' Aquaman
    Occupation: Waterbearer of the Secret Sea, exiled King of Atlantis
    Base of Operations: Atlantis
    Marital Status: Married
    Height: 6' 1"
    Weight: 325
    Eyes: Sea blue
    Hair: Blond
    Arthur Curry possesses tremendous strength and speed and the ability to communicate telepathically with all marine life.

Weighing in this corner and wearing sexy crimson and yellow spandex

Marvel comics' Dark Phoenix
    Former Aliases: Marvel Girl, Ms. Psyche, Redd
    Height: 5'6"
    Weight: 115 lbs.
    Hair: Red
    Eyes: Green
    Birthplace: Annandale-on-Hudson, New York
    Distinguishing Features: None
    Known Relatives: John Grey (father); Elaine Grey (mother); Sara Grey (sister, deceased); Gailyn (niece); Joey (nephew); Scott Summers AKA Cyclops (husband); Rachel Summers (daughter)
    Group Affiliations: Mutant Underground (current); X-Men (former); X-Factor (former)
    As Dark Phoenix she was a cosmic level telepath, telekinetic and ESPer.

Round one...FIGHT!

Aquaman and most of the pacific ocean is vaporized from orbit by a bored looking Dark Phoenix.

Flaw-less...Victory.

22. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    Weighing in this corner and wearing sexy crimson and yellow spandex

Marvel comics' Dark Phoenix
    Former Aliases: Marvel Girl, Ms. Psyche, Redd
    Height: 5'6"
    Weight: 115 lbs.
    Hair: Red
    Eyes: Green
    Birthplace: Annandale-on-Hudson, New York
    Distinguishing Features: None
    Known Relatives: John Grey (father); Elaine Grey (mother); Sara Grey (sister, deceased); Gailyn (niece); Joey (nephew); Scott Summers AKA Cyclops (husband); Rachel Summers (daughter)
    Group Affiliations: Mutant Underground (current); X-Men (former); X-Factor (former)
    As Dark Phoenix she was a cosmic level telepath, telekinetic and ESPer.

Weighing in in this corner and wearing his traditional blue and red spandex is DC Comics'

Superman
    Real name: Kal-El (Kryptonian name)/ Clark Joseph Kent (Earth Name)
    Base of Operations: Metropolis, USA
    Marital Status: Married (Lois Lane)
    Height: 6' 3"
    Weight: 225
    Eyes: Blue
    Hair: Black
    posseses the ability to fly, heat vision, frost breath, super strength and speed and near invunerability.

*Its important to note that Dark Phoenix just recently heard about the traitorous Bryan Singer not doing her movie in order to make another movie about the worlds biggest boy scout. She...is...not...happy...

Round one. Fight!

Superman being the arrogant hero he has always been and recently hearing of aquaman anhillation flies at Dark Phoenix with inhuman speed.

DP sees supes coming and hits him with a telekenitic blast that sends him plummeting back to earth at supersonic speeds to make a nice crater in Iowa's farm country.

With a dazed look on his face Superman gets up and dusts himself off with a slight twirl of his cape. "Looks like this wont be as easy as I hoped." Superman launches himself back into the air.

Round two...

23. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    Word has it that 20th Century would like to have both movies filmed back to back," despite not having a director or many of the stars officially attached yet.

This is good news, they can run it completely into the ground faster this way.

Here is an open letter from wolverine to superman. It also contains information that Bryan Singer is taking the screenwriters that did the first two x movies with him as well. Thats just great! Im gonna open a vein now, new directoyr and writers for X3? I hope they dont even make it now! I think Im beginning to hate Superman, I may take him off my comic list as a protest. God this sucks!

*Check out my above posts

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.