main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA X-Men 3

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Skyryder, May 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    Ok, who would like to join me at the 10:00 show of the X-Men at the Chinese with the Lining Up people this Friday? I would do the Universal show at 10:30 but this is the Chinese, it's Digital and it will be with a lot of people I know.

2. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    10 pm? I may...

3. JediNoc

JediNoc Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 9, 2005
    Would LOVE to but afraid to park over there... :(

4. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    I want to go to the Chinese one last time, so...I'm in. Are you buying? am I buying? should I be looking up the website to buy my ticket right now?

5. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I bought my ticket already. You buy your ticket and I'll get us popcorn or something.

JN, they do have a parking garage you know. And we did sleep on the street there for a while. It's not that scary.

6. Sol_Jedi

Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep star 4

Oct 8, 2005
    I'm probably gonna sound retarded, but is it 10 AM or PM? Cause PM = me going. Do I buy my ticket online? Or should I go to the box office? I've never been to the chinese and I've lived here most of my life. Go figure

7. JediNoc

Aug 9, 2005
    Actually, I didn't know they had a garage! That changes things. I may be in!

8. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    The garage is below the Hollywood and Highland complex. It's the biggest parking lot in LA! Plenty of parking and it's safe, no need to cross any streets.

I want to go, I want to see X-Men, but we'll be out of town this weekend. Perhaps I can see it on Monday. The Chinese is my favorite theater in the world. The Chinese kidnapped Jack Bauer. One of every five persons in the world is Chinese. I'm not Chinese, my brother in law is.

9. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Sol Jedi it is the 10pm show. You can go to MovieTickets.com to order. It will be $13.50. I forget how much parking is at the garage, but I'll check that out and let you know.

Oh and I've talked to a Chinese person before.

Edit: Here is the parking info.

Entrances are on Highland Avenue and Orange Avenue.
    Parking rates are $2.00 for up to 4 hours with validation from shops, restaurants, cinemas and nightclubs; $1.00 for every 20 minutes thereafter. Daily maximum $10.00.

10. Sol_Jedi

Oct 8, 2005
    Thanks SR. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there another HATM thing going this friday also? I'd rather go see XMen with you guys though.

About the parking, it's on Cahuenga right before the Lucky Strike bowling sign. Don't drive too fast or you'll miss it.

11. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    The parking is off of Highland as stated in the post before the last post.

12. Sol_Jedi

Oct 8, 2005
    Oops my bad. I'm daydreaming here at work. Please forgive me.

13. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    There is another HATM however X-Men comes first for me this Friday. I haven't seen anything in the Chinese since Batman so I'm due for a show there.

14. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    I haven't seen a movie there since either X2 or Matrix: Reloaded, whichever was more recent. Ok, going to go get a ticket...

15. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    You forgot we saw Corpse Bride there ES! Remember, you and me... Oh yeah, my wife was there too.
    Hopefully I'll be able to see Xmen 3 on Monday.. at the Chinese.

16. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    oh, of course! I felt like that wasn't right when I was just remembering those two movies there...

Maybe those are the only three movies I've seen there(?). I saw 'Reloaded' twice in a row. Hmm. (stupid Chinese, not having RotS!)

17. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I've got some work people joining us now too. I guess I can't do anything unless it is in mass groups. Should be fun.

18. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    I believe my padawan and I will be coming also. JN, if you are home, we can pick you up on our way to the theatre. I'll look into purchasing tickets too.

19. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    I always want to say "one of these days, I'll be able to do things like this again," but then I realize the implications of saying that, so instead, I'll just say everyone have fun! The Chinese is the best place in the world to see a movie.

So many of you seem to be going, I think we should call this an official event!

20. Sol_Jedi

Oct 8, 2005
    Just got my ticket like 2 seconds ago, so I'll see you all there. Party at ES's hot tub afer the movie anyone...?

21. JediNoc

Aug 9, 2005
    OK, I got my ticket! Woo Hoo!! DH, it would be my honor to ride in with you and your padawan so please come :) I'll pay for parking. Or popcorn. Or both.

22. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Yippie! I'm so happy that you guys are all coming. It will be a blast!

23. Sol_Jedi

Oct 8, 2005
    anyone need a ride? I soo don't mind at all. My car is very good on gas.

24. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    I feel like I'm missing out. What happened in X-Men 2? I totally don't remember anything.

25. Sol_Jedi

Oct 8, 2005
    The short version of X2: Xavier's mansion gets raided, you see colosuss but only for a second, Wolverine gets kidnaped, Magneto escapes plastic jail, They go to the facility where Wolverine was infused with Adamantium,Pyro leaves with Magneto, Jean saves the crew and you see a figure in the water that appears to be a phoenix.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.