main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA X-Men 3

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Skyryder, May 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediNoc

JediNoc Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 9, 2005
    Nightcrawler, don't forget Nightcrawler. He appeared in X2 also!

2. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    I'm going over to a friend's house tonight to watch it. We saw X-Men 1 on Tuesday.

What time will you guys be arriving tomorrow? I get off work at 3pm but that's way too early. I'm going to be bringing my carpool buddy Kat along because she wanted to see the movie with a bunch of people. We thought about getting food first. Anyone want to join us for that? There is the Hamburger Hamlet across the street or we could go someplace else.

3. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    I was going to try to get there between 9 and 9:30. I don't want to wait around too long with my padawan. JN, if you want to come with us, we will pick you up around 8:30 pm. Let me know if this is okay with you.

4. Adrian_Skywalker

Adrian_Skywalker Jedi Master star 3

Aug 11, 2004
    Would love you join you gang, but i got b-ball practice and birthday to go 2 tomorrow nite. So probably ash and I are gonna shoot for a sat/sun viewing. I hope Cyclops appears quite more this time, unlike his previous appearance of 10 mins in X2.

5. Sol_Jedi

Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep star 4

Oct 8, 2005
    I will be there around 9ish just so I can stand in line and meet you guys. Is there a meeting place I need to be at? See y'all there!

I'm also just realizing that Hollywood and Highland is literally down the street like 5 mins from where I live now. Interesting...

6. Jedi_Devi

Jedi_Devi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 27, 2003
    I'll be there! If tickets are still available.

7. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    Let me tell you guys, this movie rocks. And please, please make sure you stay for the end credits and after!

8. Adrian_Skywalker

Aug 11, 2004
    Input Input Input!!!!! For those who saw it, what do you think?

Input Input Input reminded me of Number 5 from short circuit.

9. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I loved the movie! It moved really fast. Lots of action. I don't want to give away too much however. Watching the movie with such a large group was great. I can't believe we took up six rows at the Chinese.

Oh and yeah stay until after the credits.

10. AniPadmeLurker

Nov 30, 2004
    I didn't stay for the credits and I had to watch it via Youtube. Let me tell you that clip helped me out a lot.
    spoilers ahoy.
    When
    Rogue said she had changed, I freaked out. And killing off Xavier? That's stupid. But the last little scenes helped a lot. I just wish they'd introduce Gambit already, geez!

11. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    My padawan and I really enjoyed it too. I agree that the audience helps to enhance the atmosphere and the movie. I thought it was action packed and I liked the story but it was also very predictable but I was fine with it.

12. AniPadmeLurker

Nov 30, 2004
    My audience was interesting. During some of the fight scenes they reminded me of kids at high school fights, with everyone going: "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH! DAAAAAAAANG!" and stuff like that.

13. Sol_Jedi

Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep star 4

Oct 8, 2005
    I loved it!!! I'm now wanting to see Superman Returns at the Chinese. My first time there was great. I'm soooo going whenever I get the chance to go. SR, thanks for holding out seats again ES,DH,DM thanks for the company in line to the movie.

14. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I can't believe we had six rows of people for this. That was one of the biggest turn outs for a movie other than a Star Wars one. I really enjoy seeing a movie with 40 of my closest friends. It wasn't too hard to save you guys seats thanks to Kat (my friend from work).

I'm sure there will be a Superman line up too so I'll keep you posted in case you want to join in for that one too.

15. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    I saw X-Men III yesterday, and I really enjoyed it. I liked it better than the first two. My wife enjoyed it too, although she didn't see the first two. My friend Mark and I explained the concept of Mutants to her before, and she was able to comprehend the rest, so that's good. We saw it at the Chinese also. Nothing beats the Chinese and the beauty of Digital projection. I can't wait to see Superman and Fast and Furious III - Tokyo Drift.

16. Mr_Keebler

Mr_Keebler Jedi Youngling star 1

May 3, 2005
    hmmm...not sure

id give it a 3.5/10

just thought the story was a bit rediculous. but it WAS very enjoyable, just didnt think it stood up to the first 2 as well.

17. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    3.5?!?! Seriously? Why did you even stay in the theater if you hated it that much?

18. Mr_Keebler

Mr_Keebler Jedi Youngling star 1

May 3, 2005
    well it was a fun movie, im just saying it was not as good as the others.

just had some wierd story line issues and one huge continuity issue. but it was def. worth seeing

19. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    3.5 out of 10, and worth seeing?

20. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    I thought it was pretty bad. Was very dissapointed in it. Wish they'd just waited and let Singer do his version. They ruined a really great franchise. Things that I thought were pointless in the film:

Juggernaught - Worst.Costume.Ever.
    Kitty/Ice/Rogue - Stupid, Stupid, Stupid. Kitty looked about 11.
    Angel - What was the point of his role?
    Prince - What's he doing in the movie? Shockwaves indeed. [face_laugh]
    "Where's your mark" - Disgusting potrayal of hispanic mutants.

21. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    Was my favorite part of the movie!

22. Adrian_Skywalker

Aug 11, 2004
    What the he-z!!! Cyclops had about the same amount of screen time as Jar Jar!!! These two were robbed![face_shame_on_you]

23. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    You know most of my loser co-workers left before the last secret scene. I taunted them by telling them there was a scene but not telling them what the scene was. They are such losers![face_devil]

24. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    Yeah, they are probably better off not knowing that scene. If you really want to taunt them, tell them what happened.

25. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Nevermind what I just posted. I see another thread for it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.