main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph X-Men Comics General Discussion

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by one_armed_scissor_14, May 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    IGN had an article a few weeks ago about the new creative teams and what lineups they were going to use. I'll see if I can find it.

Edit: Found it here.

Uncanny X-Men:

Professor X
    Nightcrawler
    Marvel Girl
    Havok
    Polaris
    Warpath
    A "secret" character who will be revieled in the 2nd issue of the new run.

X-Men:

Rogue
    Cable
    Mystique
    Iceman
    Cannonball
    Sabretooth (not a true member but will "assist")

Both series will be shipping 2 issues in July.

2. one_armed_scissor_14

one_armed_scissor_14 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 24, 2005
    Life is great. I love the new line up for X-Men, not so happy about UXM. I'll be excited to see the new character (new as in not in the story yet?), and now I have to buy Exiles to see Psylocke.

3. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    i need to get back into the X-Men comics after a long hiatus from them

4. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    ...and just because I can, for anyone who's interested, here are the current lineups for the other teams:

Astonishing X-Men
    Emma Frost
    Cyclops
    Wolverine
    Beast
    Colossus
    Shadowcat

X-Factor
    Madrox
    M
    Siryn
    Wolfsbane
    Strong Guy
    Rictor
    Layla Miller

New X-Men
    Hellion
    Dust
    Mercury
    X-23
    Surge
    Rockslide
    Elixer

Exiles
    Blink
    Longshot
    Heather Hudson
    Spider-Man 2099
    Sabretooth
    Power Princess
    Morph (?)

Excalibur
    Captain Britain
    Dazzler
    Juggernaut
    Nocturne
    Pete Wisdom
    Sage

Ultimate X-Men
    Professor X
    Jean Grey
    Cyclops
    Storm
    Wolverine
    Colossus
    Rogue
    Iceman
    Nightcrawler
    Shadowcat
    Dazzler
    Magician

5. one_armed_scissor_14

Oct 24, 2005
    You rock. Do you buy all these monthly, or are you just omniscient like that?

6. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    The only one I don't buy monthly is Excalibur. I looked that one up on Wikipedia. The rest is from memory.

7. one_armed_scissor_14

Oct 24, 2005
    Get the frick out, me too. Excalibur can suck it. Of course, since I have more moolah now, I'll be buying it. Oh and I like Black Tom, so the damn cover enticed me.

8. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    I've been thinking about picking up Excalibur as well. I think I'm going to wait for the trade to come out and check that out at this point. I'll make my descision from there. Also, I was looking at upcoming covers over at Marvel's website. The cover for Exiles 85 is very interesting. For it's a well documented fact that by sticking Wolverine on the cover of a comic, the sales of said comic increase dramatically. Now if you put SIX Wolverines on a cover...

[image=http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a105/darthcolin/Exiles85.jpg]

9. one_armed_scissor_14

Oct 24, 2005
    Ahh crap. If I don't buy that when it comes out, it'll be all sold out.

I was standing there today, thinking about buying Excalibur #6 and 7...and I just couldn't do it. It honestly looked boring. The characters, the art, the overall feel. I was bored just looking at it.

10. one_armed_scissor_14

Oct 24, 2005
    Sorry, my edit time window closed.

So I played catchup today, read X-Factor #6...Oh My God! I freaking loved it, the whole title and everything seemed really fresh. It's strange, but this is the first single book that really satisfied me on a creative level since I started reading again (well, I only have like 10 to compare it to, but you get it.) Can't wait to read #7, Exiles, and New X-Men.

11. Master_Kast7

Master_Kast7 Jedi Knight star 6

May 12, 2004
    You and me both.

12. one_armed_scissor_14

Oct 24, 2005
    Good for you!

I find the best way is to dive in headfirst...haha. Seeing as I'm collecting 7 series.

I'm a sick person.

13. MariahJSkywalker

MariahJSkywalker Poopoo Head star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2005
    Only X book I've been somewhat following is Astonshing. Joss Wheadon[face_love]

14. one_armed_scissor_14

Oct 24, 2005
    Awww...if you have more money (ha it's like a call to arms), you should try either another core X-Title (Uncanny, X-Men, Ultimate) or a spin-off. They're good! Haha.

15. NJOfan215

NJOfan215 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 17, 2003
    I'm not sure if i want to get the civil war x men tie in or not. Does anyone know anything about it. I know hine is writing it.

16. one_armed_scissor_14

Oct 24, 2005
    It concerns a face-off between the X-Men, O*N*E and the 198 (?), but I don't think it's too heavily mired in Civil War itself. Therefore, I'll probably pick it up.

17. Son of the Suns

Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 1999
    Same here. I used to follow Uncanny regularly years ago, but I got tired of the poor storytelling. I might revisit it once Ed Brubaker takes over, though.

18. one_armed_scissor_14

Oct 24, 2005
    Well he certainly is starting off with a bang.

And actually the writing has been fine since Austen left and the New X-Men era was over. Before that, though, it was pretty crappy.

19. Master_Kast7

Master_Kast7 Jedi Knight star 6

May 12, 2004
    Which do you prefer of the three?

20. one_armed_scissor_14

Oct 24, 2005
    Well,

Ultimate is good, but it's been better, and it's quickly diverging from the previous series. Still, it doesn't involve anything else to understand it, except for the occasional Ultimate Spider-Man reference.

Uncanny and X-Men are just switching writers next month, and both have good teams and/or stories. Up until now, Uncanny has been the better of the two in my opinion. So you can either pick one (Uncanny is the original) or wait about a month and see what you like of the new teams (I'll check in then and post my 2 cents).

It's really up to you since the two 616 (normal) titles are transitioning right now, you could pick either one. If one goes bad, you could try the other. Whatever you feel like.

I wish I had a better answer. Sorry.

21. NJOfan215

May 17, 2003
    Bruebaker's run on uncanny is going to be a continuation of deadly genisis, so if you plan on following uncanny and haven't read deadly genisis i would recommend it.

22. Son of the Suns

Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 1999
    I've read some pretty bad things about Deadly Genesis. What did you think of it?

23. NJOfan215

May 17, 2003
    We'll i'm a pretty new x men fan. I didn't own any x men comics untill october. The story started off ok, but kind of faltered near the end. At first i was really interested in what was going on, but toward the end it got boring. When i went back and reread it in one sitting i think told a pretty good story. I also didn't fully appreciate the little stories about each of the "new" xmen that went to the savage land. I think some people were probably annoyed about the professors characterisation and to an extent scott's as well. I still don't have a good feel for chareles, in deadly genisis he manipulates scott in order to protect him from some painfull memories. One thing i can say is that bruebaker is a good writer. I really enjoy captain america. The art in deadly genisis was fine.

24. one_armed_scissor_14

Oct 24, 2005
    Is Deadly Genesis in TPB form?

And how does the Brubaker run continue the story? Like exactly? It can't follow it exactly.

25. NJOfan215

May 17, 2003
    Just to clarify my above answer, i liked deadly genisis.

It is not available in trade and probably won't be for a while.

The next arc of uncanny appears to deal with kid vulcan and visit he pays to the shi're (sp) empire. He is the antagonist of deadly genisis, and we find out in it that he has a very good reason not to like the shi're. Deadly genisis also introduces the character of darwin, who is probably going to play a part in the up coming run of uncanny.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.