Amph X-Men Comics General Discussion

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by one_armed_scissor_14, May 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. one_armed_scissor_14 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Shi'ar.

And I think that's just background knowledge, most likely it won't play a role throughout the whole RUN, just in the next 5 issues.
  2. Darth-Lando Chosen One

star 6
    I'm guessing that Darwin is the "surprise character" who will show up in the 2nd issue of the new run.
  3. one_armed_scissor_14 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hadn't even made that connection in my mind, yet.

Oh and I guess NXM 27 was supposed to provide an excuse for where Bishop goes in the new team?
  4. NJOfan215 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    i would guess darwin would be the suprise character. I din't know anything about bishop moving. What's going on with that? Marvel is rerelasing deadly genisis and pheonix end song in the flip magazine format. The first issue is out now.
  5. Darth-Lando Chosen One

star 6
    I don't remember seeing anything about Bishop in the new New X-Men. Are you confusing him with Forge? Or was he shown fighting in a battle scene? Judging by the cover of X-Men: Civil War, it looks as if he'll play a major part in that though.
  6. one_armed_scissor_14 Jedi Knight

star 3
    I meant during the battle scene. He was hurt along with Cannonball.
  7. Darth-Lando Chosen One

star 6
    It says that Cannonball is critically wounded but Bishop and Beast sustained only minor injuries. I'm sure they'll all be fine though. Anything major would have been given much more attention.
  8. one_armed_scissor_14 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Okay. I thought it was just an excuse to write them out for the next run, since they won't be a part of the team.
  9. Darth-Lando Chosen One

star 6
    Well Beast is in Astonishing X-Men and Cannonball is in the new X-Men run. And like I said a few posts ago, I'm pretty sure Bishop has a part to play in X-Men: Civil War.
  10. JediMasterNicolas Jedi Master

star 3
    Sorry to change the subject, but is anyone else finding themselves not liking the new art on Ultimate X-Men? I dunno, it just kinda bugs me. Anyone know if its permenant or if they're gonna go back to how it's been the whole run?
  11. Darth-Lando Chosen One

star 6
    You're definetly not alone. I'm not a fan of Oliver's style at all. Everyone seems like they have a misshappen head, especially Xavier, and Jean and Storm look like men. I did a little research and found that this was his last issue though. Tom Raney, who drew the Date Night Arc, las years Annual, and Ultimate Secret (among other things) is taking over.
  12. one_armed_scissor_14 Jedi Knight

star 3
    I can stand Raney.

Oh, thanks Lando, I had forgotten about the X-Men vol. 2 run.

So, if anyone wants to discuss current books:

Exiles 82 was kind of cool. I don't know, I'm interested to see if it plays out any further, and it was very anti-classic comic book, but it just felt kind of quick for me. I guess that was the plan they had all along (they being Blink).
  13. JediMasterNicolas Jedi Master

star 3

Awesome, glad it's going back. I personally read for story and not for art, but if the art is bad it's still a downer on the book. They indeed look like men, so I'm glad it's going back to the sleek look.
  14. NJOfan215 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    It seems that in general the current creative team's run hasn't been as well recieved as miller and kubert or who ever else was involved in the past.
  15. one_armed_scissor_14 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Millar and Kubert were the first creative team.

Yeah, the writing's not awful, but the art is.
  16. Darth-Lando Chosen One

star 6
    I was really pleased with the new Exiles. I was concerned as to how the Morph/Proteus situation would resolve and was pleasently surprised by the ending. It felt all wrapped up, but at the same time completely wide open. Exiles can really go anywhere from this point and I'm very curious as to where it leads.
  17. one_armed_scissor_14 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Well...something involving six Wolverines, due to the fact that the Exiles are fired (probably temporarily).
  18. JediMasterNicolas Jedi Master

star 3
    Anyone here look at wikipedia regularly? It says Lady Mastermind will be on the X-men team.

check it out

So if the actual line-up for X-Men is Rogue, Iceman, Cannonball, Cable, Mystique, Sabretooth, Lady Mastermind, then that means we have

Rogue - Veteran member
    Iceman - Veteran member
    Cannonball - Veteran member
    Cable - time traveling messiah who I'm praying every night that he brings Deadpool along
    Mystique - (possibly reformed) villan
    Sabretooth - Won't even venture a guess
    Lady Mastermind - jaw droppage

I cannot wait for #188

19. one_armed_scissor_14 Jedi Knight

star 3
    I know. That's a really good lineup.

I use UncannyXMen.net's forum to find that stuff, though.
  20. JediMasterNicolas Jedi Master

star 3
    Really? I'll have to check that site out. Wikipedia is great but articles arn't regularly updated unless some helpful fan does so.
  21. one_armed_scissor_14 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yeah. The forum is a pain in the a**, so just check out the "Current Title Information." Or better yet, just explore the whole site, it really is great.
  22. JediMasterNicolas Jedi Master

star 3
  23. Darth-Lando Chosen One

star 6
    OK, so a couple weeks ago I posted the upcoming cover of Exiles #85 with it's six Wolverines. #86 blows it out of the water...

[image=http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a105/darthcolin/Exiles86.jpg]

I especially like the Deadpool/Wolverine hybrid in the upper left hand corner.
  24. JediMasterNicolas Jedi Master

star 3
    *giggles uncontrollably*

That.....is.....awesome
  25. one_armed_scissor_14 Jedi Knight

star 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.