Amph X-Men Comics General Discussion

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by one_armed_scissor_14, May 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMasterNicolas Jedi Master

star 3

Personally, I agree with you, I'd rather leave Xavier as is for now, but you know by the end of the arc he's going to be somehow different, or back to normal, so I'm just speculating on what it'll be. You're right about Rachel, I think we all know why she's along for the ride. Just me or can anyone else see (here I go predicting again) Corsair and Rachel bonding over some dead Shi'ar?:p

Oh, on a side note, any of you ever see the Patton Oswalk bit where he talks about how being a comic book fan on a Wedensday is like being a heroin addict when his dealer get's a new supply? ****** Classic :p
  2. NJOfan215 Force Ghost

star 5
    x factor and son of M sound cool. I'll keep them in mind next time i have some extra money. I also picked up uncanny today. I liked it. I can see charles being powerless for a while, but i think he will get his powers back toward the end of the run. It seems like magneto all ready has his back. (see new avengers 20).
  3. Darth-Lando Chosen One

star 6
    The trade for Son of M is due out in a month or so IIRC but X-Factor is going to hardback first. Don't get me started on New Avengers 20. Magneto has been screwed with so much in recent years. Morrison turned him into a drug addict and tried to kill him and then other authors turned it into an even bigger cluster****. I think Bendis was trying to clear the air for him but IMO he only made it worse. I guess only time will tell at this point.
  4. JediMasterNicolas Jedi Master

star 3
    was it a Mongolian cluster****?
  5. NJOfan215 Force Ghost

star 5
    I've only read the first 5 morison trades, so i'm not completely up on everything that happened.

I'm going to try to make a chart of the x books that i'm familar with and how they relate to each other. When i get to it, i'll post it and hopefully you guys can fill in some of what i don't know.
  6. Soontir-Fel Force Ghost

star 5
    I just read all of Morrison's New X-Men stuff.

It is filled with awesome and wow.
  7. JediMasterNicolas Jedi Master

star 3
    Well I'm at Comic-Con, picked up the first three issues of Civil War, plus the Cable/Deadpool tie-in. Tommorow I'm getting Wolverine tie-in tommorow and maybe X-Men, not sure about it though.

Anyway, I was at the Cvil War panel discussion, and I got a few juciy tidbits of information regarding the Wolverine series

Wolverine will fight Damage Control in the coming issues because he has stumbled a little to close to a government conspiricy.

And, I hate how I can't remember what issue it is (I'll find out tommorow at Con) but apparently one varient of the cover has this writer and artists names on there. The artist's Italian...a **** I hate my bad memory for random people who work at Marvel that I've never heard of! Ahh anyway, they're gonna be doing an arc on Wolverine which will once and for all reveal what the relationship between Wolvie and Sabertooth is. I'm looking for the cover and two guy's names, if anyone can help me I'd love it.
  8. BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus

star 5
  9. JediMasterNicolas Jedi Master

star 3
    Woot, thanks. I was there again today, I got the cover I was talking about, it's Origins #3. On a laptop, so I can't scan, but it just says those guys names (in little hard to read squares) and then theres a 50 towards the bottom. Thanks Bart for the help.

I have to say, I'm loving Civil War, which is saying alot because I hate Decimation, and they said themselves theres no Civil War without Decimation, oh well.
  10. BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus

star 5

Well, yeah. That's a pretty big self-explanitory there. If they didn't reduce the mutant population, then there would be a huge numbers advantage given to Cap's side. Especially mutants with history with the X-Men or who wish to join the X-Men or who agree with the X-Men. Mutants have dealth with registration before and this is just a broader version of the mutant registration issue. And I don't care how many Sentrys and Iron-Mans you have, that much of a numbers disadvantage would hurt and really make the thing unequal.

~*!~-~SHUT YOUR EVIL, EVIL PIE-HOLE~-~!*~
  11. JediMasterNicolas Jedi Master

star 3

Well yeah, obviously. I still hate Decimation though, with a passion.
  12. NJOfan215 Force Ghost

star 5
    Has anyone here been reading carey and tan's run on x men? How is it?
  13. NJOfan215 Force Ghost

star 5
    Ok i'll respond to myself. I picked up carey bachelo(sp)'s 3 issues of x men. I don't know what i think, of the oveall quality. I love the coloring, the story is slow and average, and i dislike the pencils.
  14. Darth-Lando Chosen One

star 6
    Yeah, Bachalo is one of my least favorite artists. I just cannot get into his style. Other than that I have no complaints about X-Men.
  15. NJOfan215 Force Ghost

star 5
    what comics bridged the gap between morrison's run on x-men and whedon's run on astonishing x men. also where any of the supporting characters from morrison's books scene in any other x books?
  16. Darth-Lando Chosen One

star 6
    Morrison's run didn't have anything directly follow it specifically until Astonishing. The closest you could get would be New X-Men: Academy X, which was later retitled simply New X-Men. As for supporting characters, the Cuckoos have been in the background for most X-Books that take place at the mansion, as well as Phoenix: Endsong and Phoenix: Warsong (currently running). Quentin Querie was also a major player in Phoenix: Endsong. Beak was in Exiles for a while, and stayed there until House of M. Your best bet is New X-Men. While it tended to focus on the Hellions and the New Mutants, there were plenty of familiar faces in the background.
  17. NJOfan215 Force Ghost

star 5
    Thanks, i'll have to check new x-men out. I've got endsong and war song. I read endsong before i read morrison's run. It was cool to begin with, but knoiwing the backstory made it cooler.
  18. Ewok-Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    i gave up on the comics and cartoons a LONG time ago. i pick one up at random, and dont even understand it.
  19. Darth-Lando Chosen One

star 6
    Well duh! :p A lots changed over the years, especially in the past year or so with House of M and the Decimation.
  20. DarknessofDeath Jedi Master

star 4
    Oooh Sweet!! I didn't know I could also discuss SW and X-Men on one message board. Sweet.

So here has ready astonishing X-Men #17 ??
  21. Darth-Lando Chosen One

star 6
    AXM 17 had one of the best covers I've ever seen. The frightened Wolverine is just classic. Astonishing has been rock solid since it started and this was no exception. It seems like Cassandra Nova's masterminding the entire attack by the Hellfire Club. Sebastion Shaw and the "other" Emma didn't seem to concerned when Nova talked about how expendable they are. She's definetly up to something. My number one question at this point though is how long will Cyke be powerless?
  22. DarknessofDeath Jedi Master

star 4
    i don't have AXM 17 yet..but i will tomorrow. :D
  23. weezer Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    AXM is a great book. The last page of #17 is one of the reasons that IMO makes the series so good. Whedon at his bestest.
  24. NJOfan215 Force Ghost

star 5
    AXM is a an awesome book.

This weeks x-men was good. I like the fill in artist so much better than the regular artist. I'm also glad we are finaly gettin somewhere with the plot.
  25. Darth-Lando Chosen One

star 6
    Agreed. This has been my fav issue in the current run. It was a little slower now that the fighting has mostly died down and was a bit heavy on the exposition but still a good issue. Was this the first time they've actually given a date for M-Day (Nov. 2)?

I've also been thinking. How worthless is Sentinel Squade O*N*E? They have yet to stop ANY of the attacks on the mansion, which is supposedly their reason for being there. Apocalypse, Mr. M and the 198, Northstar and Aurora, Stryker, The Hellfire Club etc. They've all attacked the mansion (or broken out in the case of the 198) and the O*N*E hasn't been able to do a thing about ANY of them. I'm viewing them as a joke rather than a threat. How much longer are the X-Men going to tolerate their presence there? Hopefully, by the end of Civil War they'll give them the boot.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.