main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

X-Men Legends II

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Darth-Lando, Sep 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Has anyone else here picked up this game? I bought it yesterday and played a bit last night and it's a blast. It plays a lot smoother than the first one and the party AI is a vast improvment. Anyone else have any thoughts?

2. Delta_62

Delta_62 Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 20, 2005
    I didn't know it was out already!

3. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    To be honest neither did I. I was walking by EB on my lumch break and saw a sign that said it was in stores 9/21. I went in and low and behold, there it was!

4. Delta_62

Mar 20, 2005
    Well, my friends and I had been talking about having a party and playing 4 player co-op like we did with the first one, so I guess I can tell them tomorrow!

5. Drew_Atreides

Drew_Atreides Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    ..eh, i enjoyed the first one enough to give this one a shot at some point.. Not sure that i'll pay full price for it, but when it gets a pricedrop, i'm sure it'll be worth checking out...

6. Darth_Tynaus

Darth_Tynaus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    I saw that it came out but wait for a pricedrop too. It does look like a lot of fun though.

7. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    Trust me it is. A cool thing I just figured out is that certain combinations of characters give you bonuses. You haven't lived until you've seen the "Brusier Brigade" in action: Wolverine, Rogue, Colossus, and Juggarnaut.
    Enemies=[face_beatup]

8. rogue_wookiee

rogue_wookiee Jedi Youngling star 6

Apr 24, 2004
    I have the original. Wolverine is a must in later missions. His healing ability is priceless when you your guys are getting weak.

9. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    Actually, from what I understand, as you get farther and farther into the game having Wolvie in your party in no longer a must, which is music to my ears. Wolvie is fun to play as, but I got pretty sick of him and Iceman constantly being in my party during the last game, since they were practically necessary.

Anyways, I'm well into the game now, and it's easily as good as the first one and then some. I'm really diggin' Magneto, Juggernaut and Sunfire.

I wonder who those three unlockable characters are. [face_thinking] I think I know who one of them is, and it's weird, because he's not an X-man or a memeber of Magneto's posse.

10. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    Three Unlockable Characters:

Professor X
    Deadpool
    Iron Man

11. pat-fett

pat-fett Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 17, 2001
    I was just wondering what the storyline is about. I used to be a fan of the X-Men comics and Apocalyps was one of my fav. characters.

12. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    I saw the commercial for this game today and was very interested. Apocalypse is my favorite X-Men villain. I remember getting "X-Men: Mutant Apocalypse" for Super Nintendo only to be severely disapointed that Apocalypse wasn't the main boss.

So how does this game look? Is a good villain? Can you play him at some point?

13. JEDY

JEDY Jedi Knight star 5

May 26, 2005
    I really enjoyed playing the first one with friends. I should eventually get around to playing this one.

14. Uncle_Owen_Kenobi

Uncle_Owen_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 7, 2001
    Hardly ever used him at the end. The real powerhouses were Storm, Jean Grey, Nightcrawler and Cyclops. Espicially Jean and Storm their "Area Of Effect" powers were just brutal. Generaly I put teams together based on the character AOE output, since you usualy ended up facing waves of baddies. I was too focused on offense to make the need for healing a priority. They can't hurt you if your dead.

Didn't even know this game came out. Guess I'll pick it up next week. Loved the first game. :)

15. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    >> Deadpool <<

I might have to play this one, hehe....

16. Delta_62

Mar 20, 2005
    I don't remember who Deadpool is, or at least the name doesn't ring a bell...

...can someone refresh my memory?

17. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    " I wonder if I still think in yellow thought boxes?
    Oh little yellow thought boxes. What adeventures we shall have."

" Speaking of games, you ever play Street Fighter?
    SHYROOOKIN!!!"

18. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    "Well, there's something you don't have pointed at you every day- and I didn't even know they made pink uzis..."

"Can I use your bathroom?"
    "Down the hall on the right"
    "You're the best mad scientist ever!"

19. Soontir-Fel

Dec 18, 2001
    "No rock and roll? YOU SAID THERE WOULD BE ROCK AND ROLL!!!"

He's pretty much the only good thing Rob Liefeld has ever done.

20. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    Ugh, note to anyone else that got the game:

When you get to level 4 (destroyed New York) save before going on the platform mission. I didn't and while I was playing I noticed a little countdown clock in the corner. Huh, I wonder what that is going to do when it gets to 0. :oops: Game Over and I hadn't saved for probably 4 hours.

Best part about it is that you get the AoA costumes. I always thought that would make a great game and what do you know, it did.

21. OBI-BEN-KENOBI

OBI-BEN-KENOBI Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 13, 2004
    Must unlock Iron Man!

22. Uncle_Owen_Kenobi

Uncle_Owen_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 7, 2001
    Meh! He was basicly a rip off of Deathstroke stuffed into a Spider Man suit. It was Fabian Nicieza that should get the credit for Slade Wilson...... err... I mean Wade Wilson. ;) he breathed life into a shallow chracter. Liefields idea was pretty bland. Like his Cable who was your generic cyborg.

Picked up the game yesterday, it's pretty fun. I like the new stuff they added like the ability to map/swap your powers. And the bonuses for certain party combinations. Right now Magneto and Scarlet Witch are my characters of choice. I love Magnetos Magnetic Grasp, picks up everyone and all objects in the air and smashes them together untill you lose all your energy. Which is why I keep Scarlet Witch paired with him so she can replenish his energy. It's a great way to lock down everyone. But I've encountered a bit of bug. Sometime the game freezes up when I use Magnetic Grasp with lots of baddies and effects going off. :(

23. Soontir-Fel

Dec 18, 2001
    I know. But Liefeld did create him. Even though what he created was the 90's lame uber villain that Deadpool has come to caricature.

God Liefeld sucks.

24. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    This is embarassing but I am having loads of trouble on one of the Danger Room missions. Combined Powers 107. I don't know why but I can't seem to get combos in this game with any regularity. I had no problems in the first one but I just can't do it now. Any advice? It used to be I would just grab projectile people, (Cyclops, Iceman, Gambit, etc) and would clear it in a matter of seconds. Now I struggle just to get one freakin combo! I'm in Act II and my guys are all lvls 15-18. Any help would be appreciated.

25. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    I really want this game, but I'm broke just now so I'll have to wait til it goes down in price.

I haven't actually even completed the first one yet - I was on the last boss of the last level and all my team had pretty low health. I think the best I could do was get the boss down to about half health :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.