main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

X-Men Legends II

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Darth-Lando, Sep 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uncle_Owen_Kenobi

Uncle_Owen_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 7, 2001
    For combos I find it easier to use characters with radial powers. This way they are hitting everyone at once. Take Magneto and use Magnetic grasp, it's super easy to get combos with it. But it is taxing on energy so bring along Jean or Scarlet Witch to help with your energy regeneration aswell as lots of blue potions. Also some characters have longer wind ups for their powers so wait a bit before you call for teammates to attack your target. You just have to get used to the timing of your teams powers.

2. portman_is_so_fine

portman_is_so_fine Jedi Master star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    is deadpool in the game?

3. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Thanks for the advice. The radial powers seem to be working better. I have definetly noticed that a lot of characters have longer windups than the previous game. Cyclops and Iceman used to be instantanious. Now they are a tad slower. :( It also doesn't help that the enemies in this level are all insects so I can't even grab them and throw them around for Batter Up combos.

4. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    I'm having a heck of a time with this act 5.

Anyone else there yet?

5. pat-fett

pat-fett Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 17, 2001
    Ok my question has been ignored so I just want to say screw you n00bs.

Also there is none better than the merc with the mouth.

6. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    It basically comes down to Apaoclypse trying to take over the world. But then again, does he ever really do anything else?:p The opening cinematic is of the Brotherhood and X-men working together to rescue a kidnapped Prof. X. From there they set out to liberate Genosha which has been taken over by Apocolypse. In a nutshell the game is our beloved mutants chasing Apocolypse around the world, fighting his horsemen, and liberating various places from his rule. I'm only about halfway through the game so far so I can only tell you what I've seen. The structure is a lot like Diablo II with each act having a "town" type area that you can teleport back to (thanks to Blink). There are various characters in each town, both X-Men and members of the Brotherhood which give you quests and stuff. There are you happy now?

7. pat-fett

pat-fett Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 17, 2001
    Yes

I might have to pick this game up. That Blink tidbit is interesting.

8. TheDRiZZLe

TheDRiZZLe Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    Can you play this one online at all?

9. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    Yeah, on PC, PS2, and XBOX. So basically, everything except Gamecube as usual.

10. Sev-07

Sev-07 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 24, 2005
    Gah....i dunno if i got a bug on this or what, but if anyone is in act five where do i place those darned ceramic jars i found in the pyramid?

11. Uncle_Owen_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2001
    It's how the Ultimate Xmen might have done the Age Of Apocalypse storyline. It's set At the early inception of Apocalypses rule. So you will get to see how old Blue lips makse his bid for complete domination over North America. While fighting Madri priest and Infintie clones. You even get to bump into Ultimate Nick Fury in the game. And you also get AOA skins to help complete the package. Sunfire and Nightcrawlers just plain rocks.

12. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    Would someone mind posting a list of all the playable characters for this one?

(BTW, I popped in the original today to give another bash at the final boss - I didn't notice those generators before [face_blush]. Easy to destroy Master Mold after I flicked the switches :)

13. Uncle_Owen_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2001
    Magneto
    Scarlet Witch
    Toad
    Juggernaut
    Sunfire
    Bishop
    Gambit
    Rogue
    Nightcrawler
    Wolverine
    Storm
    Colossus
    Jean Grey
    Cyclops
    Ice Man

And three unlockables which are mentioned on the first page of this thread in blacked out highlights. The voice acting for most of them are pretty decent. My favorite voice acting has to be for Colossus, in his thick russian accent "I am Mighty! I am Colossus!" Makes me crack a smile everytime. :)

14. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    I really like the voice acting on Juggernaut. John DiMaggio, (the voice of Bender on Futurama and General Grevious on the Clone Wars cartoon) does an excellent job.

15. Delta_62

Delta_62 Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 20, 2005
    I finally played this game on the weekend with 3 friends. It's probably just as good, if not better, than the first. I love the improvement on Nightcrawler. Our team consisted of Jean Grey, Nightcrawler, Sunfire, and Bishop.

16. Blood-Rifle

Blood-Rifle Jedi Youngling

Oct 26, 2005
    :D That game is really great! I played it with my 2 bro's and had a blast! Good job Marvle!=D= =D=

17. Darth_Tynaus

Darth_Tynaus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    So, would you recommend it as a purchase?

18. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    Of all the recent superhero games (Hulk: Ultimate Destruction, Ultimate Spider-Man, Marvel Nemesis, & X-Men Legends II) X Men is by far the best. If you enjoyed the original at all I would highly recommend it.

19. Master_Trance

Master_Trance Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 15, 2005
    I agree it is an excellent game. It is a buy in my opinion.

20. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Out of curiosity- has anyone been able to compare the graphics between the PS2 and GCN versions?

The GCN version obviously lacks multiplayer but if it has the better graphics of the two I'll probably go with that one eventually since I'm unlikely to be getting a PS2 net connection anytime soon. Howeer, if they are basicly the same, I might as well grab the PS2 version so I'll have the option down the road assuming the PS3 is backwards compatible and I end up getting that connected online, in case I want it.

21. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    From what I can tell, it's standard multi-console results. Slightly cleaner with better frame rate on the Cube.

Is it just me or does this game make anyone else pine for a good justice league game?

22. Uncle_Owen_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2001
    So, how bout them X-Men. ;)

23. Jedi_Satimber

Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight star 8

Jul 3, 2002

whatever you have the first one on, I suggest getting the second one on.

I bought the first one for my Xbox (trying to get games that I would actually use the Xbox for) and when I bought the second one, I immediately had the AoA uniforms. It was sweet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.