main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph X-Men Movies & TV - Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by JoinTheSchwarz , Oct 6, 2010.

1. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    On Page 128 of this thread, I posted:

:D

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  2. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000

Not exactly Wonder Woman, but I guess I'll take since she's not truly an actor.

3. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    I'm guessing she's a boss battle for Deadpool in the movie.

Colossus is supposed to be in Deadpool as well now.

4. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    DOFP basically ***** on the Vietnam timeline from Origins, but you can still make it work ( this is facilitated by a conveniently placed six-year time jump during the latter film ). In the end the remaining stumbling block in that area is the age of the actor playing Stryker, which is probably an improvement anyway.

However, it doesn't seem fair to say that DOFP ignores Origins completely given that it shows us a flash of the scene where Victor stepped on Logan's bone claws. In fact, the bone claws themselves are a point of shared continuity between the two films.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  5. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I hope they bring in Daniel Cudmore for Colossus and give Deadpool/X-Men a connected feel. That would be excellent, and could lead to some amazing future films.

6. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    I am curious how Quicksilver will be handled in the next X-Men film. He was hilarious and morally ambiguous. I loved X-Men: Days of Future Past. I doubt anything can top it, however.

7. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    i think he'll be kick-ass

8. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    rimshot

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  9. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    it's set in the 80s, so no Colossus

10. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    We're referring to Deadpool, which reportedly will have Colossus.

11. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Change the title to Fox's Marvel Universe.

12. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

Before history is changed, all of the films were part of the continuity going forward. Afterwards, things have changed as we saw at the end. We don't know if Logan still gets his Adamantium from Stryker, or if he will get them from Apocalypse. So who knows what will happen going forward. Having the elder Charles in the next solo film may give an indicator along side what will happen in "Apocalypse".

I think he'll be retained. Granted, he hasn't done much acting in the "X-Men" films, but as long as it plays to what his strengths are, it can work.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  13. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    :confused: I don't see what this has to do with my post.

14. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
  15. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    I might not be a Deadpool fan, but I am looking forward to that a lot more than the next X film (despite Oscar Isaac's turn as Apocalypse); as Reynolds nails Deadpool and that test footage was some of the most entertaining, funny stuff I'd seen in a long while. I am all for a goofy, let's have fun super hero movie now.

DoFP left a very bad taste in my mouth for a variety of reasons and I'll leave it at that.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  16. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014

That's the Avengers' Quicksilver. :p

SateleNovelist11 likes this.
  17. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I agree the Sentinel is Diamond and I agree it's probably 99% probability Emma Frost from "First Class" is quite dead. However, I think there's more than a few loopholes if they wanted to bring her back, in the original timeline Mystique was captured by Trask experimented on to create the morphing Future Super-Sentinels and she wasn't killed, made it all the way to X3 to get depowered. Also the "Emma" in Origins would still exist even before the events of DoFP (whoever the heck that person is.) if there needed to be a dead diamond Emma person to be the Future Sentinels basis. But, yeah, I agree that DoFP indicates pretty clearly that all of the captured First Class alums were pulled apart and killed. However I think there's an opening crack for wiggle room if they wanted to bring back Emma Frost. If only for the old "no body, not dead" comic book death rule.

18. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    There's plenty of ways they could bring it back or even retcon it to where the Origins and First Class Emma were the same person, just shattered and reassembled or whatever. Trask captures Emma, eventually she's transferred to Stryker for his Deadpool program. So there are no shortage of ways to bring her back.

The main issue is what reason Singer would have to bring her back for? He has Jean now, the team has their telepath. The future already showed Scott and Jean are together. So there is really no reason or point to bring her back. I doubt Singer is going to introduce or use any characters in a main cast role that weren't the same characters he used in XMen and X2.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  19. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012

Again, agreed, Singer has his Jean Grey for telepathic characters needs and is really rounding out his next flick as basically his OG X-Men cast (Plus, uh, Beast? Gambit?) so I don't see him particularly wanting / needing / using Emma Frost in his film.

Just playing mental retcon hoops as to how to dance around it if a future filmmaker wanted Emma Frost. I dig the idea that Origins Emma is First Class Emma but she was shattered and reassembled into a younger, age-appropriate love interest for Cyclops. That'd be a hellova convoluted flashback sequence to explain! Or else modern Emma would be, like, Xavier's age. Or maybe her cells cut her age in half too like Mystique. :p that was a fun, throwaway retcon in FC that made enough sense.

20. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    They need to redo Emma Frost in another movie. She was the weak link in X-Men: First Class, a movie that I otherwise loved. I don't know how they'd pull it off, considering how she was in that movie and now that she's dead. I wish they could redo her.

21. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    They did cut her big scene with her psychic mental battle with Xavier as it was too similar to Inception. So maybe if she had her stand out scene she might not have been felt to be the weak link.

Either way I'm kind of doubtful she's going to make another appearance in the franchise

22. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000

Interesting. I wonder how Colossus will fit in the Deadpool flick. I mean, I really don't remember much interactions between the characters in the comic books.

Also, I think the Colossus CGI needs a major make over. It just looks bad to me. I would prefer they CGI Colossus in the same vein as The Winter Soldier's bionic arm.

[​IMG]

I would only like Emma Frost back in the cinematic fold if she was portrayed like the obnoxious queen bee, which January Jones could not pull off. It probably would have been better if Christina Hendricks played Emma as she has demonstrated that she can emote the proper attitude and superiority complex.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  23. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    We are officially Cudmore-less for Deadpool.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/70411

Bit of a shame, really, he'd be playing the character since X2 and it'd be fun to see him get more than, like, 6 lines total.

In other news, Singer instagrams production art! Looks wacky!

[​IMG]

24. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    Kodi Smit-McPhee is in as young Nightcrawler.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  25. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    The absence of Cudmore as Colossus won't bother me, as you pointed out he only had like 6 lines total. However, for continuity sake, it would be nice to have Cudmore. I'm actually kind of surprise there is even an appearance of an X-Men in a Deadpool film. You'd think if there was an X-Men it would be either Wolverine or Cable. I think this would be the "X-film" without Wolverine. Maybe he'll make a cameo like he did in First Class. It would be epic if Stan Lee made a cameo and dropped a F-Bomb.

Not exactly sure what I'm looking at re production art, but I'm reminded of The Last Starfighter since it's the 80's. I also see some yellow in the human figure. Would Singer dare use Classic X-Men blue and yellow?

I had to look this kid up as I don't recall seeing him in anything. Turns out he was in Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, which I don't remember. I wonder if that means that Charles will make a trip to Germany and Africa to recruit the elf and weather witch.