main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph X-Men Movies & TV - Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by JoinTheSchwarz , Oct 6, 2010.

1. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    Mark Millar is practically the patron saint of "interesting concept, awful execution."

Darth_Invidious and Gamiel like this.
  2. Lady Warp Spasm

Lady Warp Spasm Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 19, 2015
    I would not mind seeing Kieron Gillen's Mister Sinister pop up in the films eventually.

I still like Wolverine despite all the poop published since Origins in 2001.

That said, I do not think Logan, Charles, Erik and Mystique should continue to be the lead characters in the movies. I do hope they focus on Apocalypse for this next film.

3. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    Does those future sentinels have the ability to shift their shape to anyone like Mystique? It's weird that they were based on Mystique's cell but could copy others' power.

4. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    I assume Rogue was involved in the Sentinels being able to copy powers.

I do hope the new timeline will give us a Rogue that's not a lightweight in battles. I grew up on the animated series so I'm used to Rogue being the team bruiser who flies around punching sentinels in the face.

BigAl6ft6 and Ananta Chetan like this.
  5. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    They had her absorb Juggernauts powers in the X-Campus comic to since they did not use Miss Marvel, maybe we will see something similar?

Also: do anybody have scans of the Horsemen statues seen in Ororo: Before the Storm?

6. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I assume this as well, given there was a deleted scene in the future where Rogue was imprisoned and Erik and Charles went to rescue her.

I always thought it was a mistake to use Rogue in the role she was cast in the first X-Men film rather than using Kitty Pryde. However, Singer needed Rogue to use in Magneto's plot.

7. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Where's the friggin "Rouge Cut" of DoFP? I'ma still waitin! Last I read was maybe the summer, which is cool. Haven't got a copy of the movie yet cuz I would totally be okay with a 3 hour X-Men time travel movie. (Directors cut of "The Wolverine" was decent too, had 3 f-bombs in it instead of one.)

8. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Are you seeing red about it?

9. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
  10. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    She'll be on-screen for all of five minutes.

11. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    I also heard Halle Berry will be back as Storm again.

12. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
  13. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Will be doing the happy dance if Ms. Lawrence does not return after Apocalypse. Her Mystique has been I-)

14. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    I'm actually a fan of Lawrence's Mystique but I did notice when Singer took over she took on a bit more of the "super killer badass lethal ninja" Mystique of his first two X-Men movies as opposed to the confused emotional Mystique of First Class.

Gamiel likes this.
  15. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

Well, she's never really referred to as Jubliee, so I wouldn't be surprised if they don't dance around that and say that the girl in the first two films was her daughter.

Well, there was eleven years in between, which is enough time for her to start becoming the way she was in the first three films. In DOFP, she's halfway through the transformation.

BigAl6ft6 and Gamiel like this.
  16. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001

Doesn't Storm, in X2, call out to Jubilee while she's in the cell before Nightcrawler saves them?

17. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Correctamundo.

Ananta Chetan likes this.
  18. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014
    The X-Men movies have so many plot holes and inconsistencies they might as well have been produced by swiss cheese.

19. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    And yet, X2 is still the gold standard when it comes to comic films. All comic films, no matter the studio.

20. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Storm supposedly calls out Jubilee's name at one point in X2. But it's so quick and inaudible that it's hard to tell. I've seen the movie many times and I still cannot tell that she's saying "Jubilee" just by listening to the film. Also Jubilee was Asian in her OT cameos, so IDK why people are surprised that she's also Asian here? And she was initially going to be part of the "future team" in DOFP (there's even concept art for it), but got cut out.

I assume that they're using this movie to not just conclude the "First Class trilogy," but also to set up for future films. Hence casting some of the characters so young, reintroducing older ones, bringing in new ones, etc. They probably want these actors/actresses to stick around for multiple films.

21. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    NIAWYC

I have yet to see one better.

heels1785 likes this.
  22. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Wocky, I thought you championed Spidey 2? The Tobey Maguire version.

23. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

I do too. I know Ender pillories me for this.

Though I champion X2 and The Dark Knight more, also now in recent days with The Avengers and Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Guardians of the Galaxy... it's been a good decade...

24. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    I've had to defend it more, as I think it comes in for a lot of unfair criticism from people that want to see another mindless MCU clone. The reality, though, is that while it has more complex and better realized thematic content, X2 was the stronger film overall, and is in my opinion the pinnacle of the genre. Though it's had some real bombs (X-Men Origins: Wolverine, X3), this series has in general brought a sensibility to superhero films that I am very sorry other franchises never picked up on.

25. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    I love both Spider-Man 2 and X-Men 2 but if I had to put a distinction between them, Spidey 2 has more heart. Which isn't a bad thing. And it's a great story about 20-something directionless malaise but it has Spider-Man in it and Doc Ock and lots of cool stuff.

But X2 is a really awesome juggling act of characters that I think Days of Future Past managed to at least match. First Class does a good job of keeping all the balls in the air too but, in the end, when I'm watching First Class, there are many moments where I wish they would focus more on Xavier and Charles or Shaw, especially when they deal with the younger mutants, the "First Class" of it all. I don't feel that watching either X2 or DoFP, I think they manage to balance the casts really well and keep them all interesting.

There is the argument in DoFP that the Future X-Men are basically just wallpaper which I do agree with to a point, but that's because the way I see it is story in DoFP is not about the Future X-Men at all. Overall, DoFP is about 70s Charles and the Future X-Men are really a "ticking clock" element. Which is why I can kinda understand why the Rouge stuff was cut, that movie is not about the Future X-Men, it's a First Class era story, specifically about 70s Charles getting his groove on again - culminating in that fantastic scene of Charles meeting Professor X. So all the Future Rouge Stuff is ultimately irrelevant to that story (but I wanna see a version of the movie with it in it anyway just to add to the epic scale). Wolverine may be the biggest on the poster on DoFP - and Hugh Jackman gets top billing - but that movie ain't about him; he gets the plot rolling and bookends the story (and Jackman is great delivering the emotional coda. Honestly, that's some of my favourite stuff he's done in the series) but mostly in DoFP Wolverine is really used for action scenes / quips for the majority of the time. As Wolverine functions best.

Darth_Invidious and DarthMane2 like this.