main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph X-Men Movies & TV - Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by JoinTheSchwarz , Oct 6, 2010.

1. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Or you infect him with a virus that shuts down his healing factor and then coat him in Adamantium.

[​IMG]

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  2. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    Since they just hired the new Cyclops, Jean and Storm and made DotP overwrote X 1-3, I doubt that they would reboot it again soon.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  3. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I think they'll recast Jackman as oppose to reboot the series.

I was at the WonderCon 2014 and attended the Days of Future Past panel and IIRC, Simon Kinberg apologized for X-3 and the portrayal of the Dark Phoenix Saga and they hope to make up for it with Days of Future Past. Mentioning the Dark Phoenix Saga, made me feel like they have plans to retell the story in the cinematic universe.

4. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    They could recast Wolverine with Dougray Scott!!!!

BigAl6ft6 and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  5. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Having just re-watched the films over the last week, I like how there's a strong through line with the films between Xavier and Logan. Seeing them both go through a whole lot to get to where they are in the new future. Sure not every film was good, but I really liked how it worked.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  6. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Yeah, the Xavier and Logan thread through the films is one of the strongest ties through the franchise, but with First Class and Days of Future Past, it's the bizarre love triangle between Mags, the Professor and Mystique that really bind the films like no other characters.

I was watching X-3: The Last Stand over the weekend as it was cable. I watched this film more than any other X-Men flick, and I think the film gets a bad wrap considering the way the first two movies set this up. We weren't going to get a true Dark Phoenix Saga and Cyclops was under used by Bryan Singer so it didn't bother me that he was killed off, and Chuck was killed off in the comic book many times, and ironically last killed by Cyclops in almost the same way as X-3 in the comic books. Rebecca Romijn own the role of Mystique as much as Jackman, P. Stewart and I McKellen. Anyway, really liked how Mags had some much respect for Chuck, even after death when he said, " Charles Xavier did more for mutants than you will ever know. My single greatest regret is that he had to die for our dream to live."

Jedi Merkurian and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  7. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Yah I always thought X3 was underrated. It is a payoff from the pieces set up, particularly in X2. Has a few cool moments throughout. Yes, they kill and/or depower half the cast but honestly that happens all the time in the X-Men comics. And not really many of those stick and Wolverine being guilty for killing Jean is a good storyline payoff in "The Wolverine".

8. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    Or replace Wolverine with similar character.

9. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    like x23 played by kate beckinsale

10. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    No Wonder Woman is Kate Beckinsale. Evangeline Lilly is X23

11. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
  12. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I watched DoFP again yesterday, while folding laundry. Is there any reason Wolverine has to stay in the past after getting Charles on point?

13. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

That Wolverine was always in the past -- his future mind was sent to his past body. However, even getting Charles on point didn't change the future so they kept his mind back there until it did...

jabberwalkie likes this.
  14. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    X Men 3 is slightly better than Origins. Mainly because it's shorter (I think) and has two English greats.

15. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    Kitty Pride explains how that worked fairly well in the beginning IIRC. Also they explained why it had to Logan and pretty much couldn't be anyone else.

16. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Because in the comics it was her? :p

17. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    Lol.... I'm not into comics, probably one reason why I enjoy the MCU and the X-Men films since I don't know what is really coming most of the time. But yeah, I remember that being mentioned.

18. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Just chalk it all up to wibbly wobbly time travel wackiness and leave it at that. ;)

I mean, when your time travel mechanics work the same way as those in the Bill & Ted movies, it's best not to put much thought into how it all works.

19. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Just do the same thing with Dr. Who, don't apply logic to it.

Juliet316 likes this.
  20. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    You
    Misunderstand me. I mean after future Logan got Charles on point, did he actually do anything useful in the past? He was little help in getting Magneto out of prison, a hindrance in Paris and then no use in DC.

21. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    Well the future didn't change so I guess they were keeping him in the past until the future changed.

22. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Yeah, I got it -- but because the future hadn't changed (since Future Charles and Kitty were still there) they continued to have him monitor the past so he could try and help change it; they didn't know he'd be a hindrance.

23. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999

Because see, in the comics, Kitty Pryde's power has only ever been phasing through solid objects. The psychic time displacement bit was actually done by one Rachel Summers, daughter of the Scott Summers and Jean Grey of that alternate timeline and the one that actually went to the past was an older Kitty Pryde. However, even though the X-Men were successful in changing the event that triggered that future timeline, when Old Kitty returned the future hadn't changed and her fellow X-Men were dead (because time travel can have that effect). She then triggered a codeword that allowed Rachel to physically transport herself to the past (circa 1986 our time), who then became a member of the X-Men and new Phoenix avatar. After several time displacements Rachel then ended up in a far future timeline ruled by Apocalypse, became a revolutionary spiritual leader of sorts and then sent one of her initiates back in time to rescue the son of Cyclops and Madelyne Pryor (a Jean Grey Clone) from being killed by Apocalypse, where he was raised by the equally time-displaced Cyclops and Jean Grey and became known as Cable. Phew.

So, if y'all think the time travelling bit in DOFP was bad, that was nothing compared to the crap I just described.

BigAl6ft6 and Sith_Sensei__Prime like this.
  24. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I was looking and IMDB, and Hugh Jackman is rumored to be in Apocalypse. It would be very interesting if he wasn't in this film. I would imagine the film would have to cover what Mystique does with Logan after she fished him out of the river.

Also, I wonder if they'll make Mystique Kurt Wagner's mommy.

Additionally, I think Apocalypse will change the timeline again where it will be different from the timeline where Logan wakes up in the mansion at the end of Days of Future Past, otherwise the film won't have any weight. I'm thinking it will be like how Back to the Future 2 altered Marty's present again.

25. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Huh, I thought Jackman was for sure in this.