main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph X-Men Movies & TV - Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by JoinTheSchwarz , Oct 6, 2010.

1. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

He did assist Charles in teaching Banshee to fly.

2. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014

In by teaching Banshee to fly, you mean pushing him out of the window. :p

3. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Hey, it worked. Basically, Erik made him **** or get off the pot.

4. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
  5. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    You're lucky I don't have a ban hammer.

Ananta Chetan likes this.
  6. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    As soon as he lifts the door and "Logan McFly" is standing there I lost it. [face_laugh]

7. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001

[​IMG]

PCCViking, Diggy and Juliet316 like this.
  8. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Great Scott that was ****ing awful.

9. Emperor_Time

Emperor_Time Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2007
    But it was so awful that it was funny too.

10. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
  11. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
  12. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Not quite exit yet but various other factors:

http://www.thewrap.com/channing-tatum-superhero-movie-gambit-in-jeopardy-as-deal-unravels-exclusive/

One individual close to the project told TheWrap that Tatum’s reps are still in active discussions with the studio but acknowledged that “something is up.” The situation will have to be resolved quickly, as “Gambit” is slated for release on Oct. 7, 2016....
    “Gambit” has long been a passion project for Tatum, whose attachment encouraged 20th Century Fox to ramp up production. However, Tatum also has larger ambitions, which may play a role in the current situation.
    In a recent Grantland profile, Carolin said that he and Tatum are planning to make their directorial debut soon, so it’s possible that the star’s desire to segue behind the camera is factoring into his decision. He’s also slated to star in “23 Jump Street” for Sony.

13. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I doubt Fox will let X-Men anytime soon.

14. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    X-Men is still successful. Not to mention has gotten back to being praised after First Class and Days of Futures Past.

So I doubt they'll get it back anything soon. Fantastic 4 on the other hand.

15. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    It could be as simple as Tatum has a window to direct a movie + also be Gambit and neither one can move so he'll have to go direct something because Fox sure as hell ain't waitin'! Although, considering Tatum would probably be a huge selling point, moreso than probably any other actor they could get to slot in there to sell a fairly unknown character, and they might even need a new Hugh Jackman / Robert Downey Jr. "face" to their superhero franchise, they probably should wait.

16. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    20th Century Fox is nowhere close to the predicament Sony was in. They'll be keeping their franchises, please and thank you.

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  17. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I still don't think that Fox will just hand over Fantastic Four to Marvel if the film bombs because of the Cold War going between the two studios. I think Fox would hold on to F4 just to spite Marvel.

As for Tatum close to leaving Gambit, I'm actually surprise to hear this news considering he's been pushing for the role for a long while, much like Ryan Reynolds did with Deadpool. Moreover, I hear that the Gambit film was given a production budget of $150, while Deadpool had a considerably smaller budget. If Tatum leave, I wouldn't mind Taylor Kitsch getting a second shot at the role since Reynolds returned as Deadpool.

18. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004

As much I'd like to see X-Men back in the hands of Marvel, which I am pretty sure Marvel would like too, :p X3/XMO aside, Fox's Xverse has been a pretty consistently high flying franchise. Quicksilever appearing in both DOFP and AOU suggests that Marvel and Fox are at least (sort of) talking to each other, but Fox isn't about to just hand over X-Men, when there's still plenty of content to mine.

19. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Yeah, and I'm thinking Fox will move forward with the new and young cast members of Jean Grey, Cyclops, Storm, Angel and Jubilee after Apocalypse, as I'm pretty sure the actors that have been cast for those roles signed a multi-picture deal. I don't think Fox will reboot the X-Franchise after Apocalypse but just continue and therefore I wouldn't be surprised if the younger X-Men are brought from the 80s to present time by the end of the film setting up for a potential F4, Deadpool, Gambit, X-Force crossover or a redo of the Dark Phoenix Saga.

20. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Yeah I do notice that they cast young adults as the big X-Men, however, if they wanted to do a sequel to Apocalypse, would they jump ahead another decade to the 90s thereby basically hitting the same period that X-1 happened? Or would they literally just toss the young X-Men into a TARDIS and jump them forward to present day.

21. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    "Marvel....NOW!"

22. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Meh. The X-Men have always been "weird" when it comes being part of the greater Marvel continuity. They raise a lot of questions that Marvel has had trouble answering. Plus I don't really trust the MCU not to water things down too much.

23. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
  24. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    actually, aside from everyone teaming up against Magneto and filling out a few roster spots on the Avengers (okay, more than a few), the X-Men have generally been off to the side of the larger moves of the MCU unless you flat-out go X-Men vs. Avengers on it.

25. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Wait, was Thrawn talking about the comics or the films?