main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph X-Men Movies & TV - Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by JoinTheSchwarz , Oct 6, 2010.

1. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I don't recall that scene as I've only seen the movie once. I recall alot of Paula Patton though. I'll have to catch Ghost Protocol again.

2. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014

I hope so. *Starts petition to cast Jason Isaacs as Mr. Sinister* Okay, not really about the petition, but I think he would make a great Mr. Sinister.

3. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Lea is one of those actresses who's pretty big in her home country, and then pops up in American movies from time to time.

-She played Prince/King John's French wife/queen in Ridley Scott's Robin Hood.
    -She played a French assassin in Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol. Which is funny since Belladonna is a member of the Assassin's Guild (and eventually becomes it's leader).
    -She of course has gotten a lot of praise for Blue is the Warmest Color.

I'm hoping that her playing major parts in Spectre and this (assuming that this casting pans out of course) will make her a much bigger name in the US, because she's really good.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  4. Thrawn082

Jan 11, 2014
    She's the blonde assassin who fights Paula Patton during the "Burj Khalifi scene."

5. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    Ralph Fiennes for Sinister!

She also played in Farewell my Queen, I don't like her looks though.

6. Thrawn082

Jan 11, 2014
    I love her looks myself. Even that gap in her teeth is adorable to me.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  7. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I just hope the Gambit film doesn't flop as it may set back the X-Men movies a few years as if what I heard is true, in that Gambit is suppose to fill the shoes of Jackman's Wolverine that's soon to be retired. Fox could just reboot the entire franchise or something; which I think will probably happen eventually and they would be a recasting of Wolverine.

8. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Gigitty!

darth-sinister likes this.
  9. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    She's a great actress and real easy on the eyes, cast her in anything, dammit.

As for the Rogue Cut, I honestly loved it. The actual "Rogue" of the Rogue cut really isn't much screentime but I thought it worked great (her single "Hello Logan" when she has to take over is pretty heartwarming, considering the history the characters share back in X1). Mostly I just loved how it just sort of fleshed out little moments and pieces here and there for a fuller experience. It is a pretty big damn movie already and making it a 2 hrs and 30 min makes it even bigger but I think it's a lot like the Terminator 2 or Aliens cuts or the LOTR Extended edition, it adds moments of character to enrich the viewing.

There's a scene with Beast & Mystique that works from a character perspective and both the actors are good but felt a little clunky with the plot. But it did add some interesting stuff Mystique did in the X-Mansion.

One change is the whole scene where Beast & Wolverine have in the climax is their quickie back and forth "in the future, do I make it?" "No." but here it occurs in the middle of the movie at the X-Mansion in a quieter scene. And isn't the tension breaker that it is in the climax of the theatrical cut. I guess the gag was so good they lost the scene but reshot the joke and stuck it into the movie.

Also I'm 95% certain Peter's intro in Rogue Cut is different. But the Rogue Cut also has this amazing gag when they first arrive at Peter's house, the little girl walks up to Logan and says "I'm a Princess, who are you?" *Dramatic push-in on Logan.* "I'm the wolverine. Where's your brother?" Silly but fun.

anyway here's a pretty much almost shot by shot breakdown of what was added to the Rogue Cut if interested

http://www.movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=847564

10. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Unfinished leaked images from X-Men Apocalypse.

In other X-Men related news:

Gambit movie loses director:

Transcript of the video for the YouTube impaired:

11. Lady_Skywalker87

Lady_Skywalker87 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 4, 2008
    Hey guys, can someone explain the Rouge Cut to me?

Just saw it in passing in another thread....I'm confused. I mean Rouge is not even in Days of Future Past.

what gives?

12. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    She is the that cut, playing a large roll near the end.

Lady_Skywalker87 likes this.
  13. Lady_Skywalker87

Aug 4, 2008
    Cool! I was not to see her in the theater. I'll have to see it, thanks Diggy.

14. Lady_Skywalker87

Aug 4, 2008
    [​IMG]

We'll see how it goes over lunch...

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  15. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Let us know what you think of the Rogue Cut.

I've seen it. There's alot of extended scenes. I didn't think it was a totally different film as some of the producers have said in the bonus footage.

16. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

Originally when filming began, Rogue played a much larger role in the film. However, before finishing filming that part of the film, Bryan Singer realized that there were some problems with tension within the story, that is diminished by having Rogue involved in the story. So some scenes were re-shot to remove her character, and other scenes were cut. Rogue only appears in one scene at the end of the theatrical version. But because fans weren't happy, Singer and the studio went ahead and put out a second edit of the film featuring all of her scenes put back in, along with other scenes not in the final film.

17. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    From what I recall, Singer removed the Rogue rescue scene because he felt it was redundant of the Magneto rescue scene.

I personally did not see any tension problems with the Rogue Cut.

18. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Anna Paquin getting a title card in the end credits does also make much more sense in the context of watching the Rouge Cut as opposed to in the theatrical cut

Another thing I love in the Rouge Cut the intercutting of Mags wrecking stuff to get his old gear in the 70s contrasted with Mags wrecking stuff to save Rogue in the future. Two Mangetos at once, horray! but one is being mean and stuff and the other one is saving people and stuff. But he can still tear it up in any timeline. Yay for juxtaposition!

19. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    It's not Rouge, it's Rogue, you ****ing ********.

[face_plain]

20. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Jackman giving hints re. Wolverine 3 / Old Man Logan thematic resonance, Wolverine & Professor X father/son relationship as a thematic thing!

http://collider.com/wolverine-3-hugh-jackman-on-patrick-stewart-professor-x-father-son-relationship/

“I’ll be really honest with you, the actual script in its full form we’re up to about Page 60. Obviously there’s a treatment, so it’s not fully done yet, we’re not fully there. Patrick does figure in it that’s for sure. I think it’s a really important relationship but I want to see signs of that quasi-father/son sort of relationship that has not been seen before, and sides of particularly Professor X that have not been seen before. So we have some really, really cool ideas.”

Sounds like a nifty hook. I'm fairly certain this isn't going to be a very literal adaptation of Old Man Logan but broad strokes thematically taking it

21. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Double posting or fake ignore?

22. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

Yeah, the basic thematic broad strokes makes sense. Especially since we already had Logan feeling guilty for killing one of the X-Men and having to come to terms with it, with "The Last Stand", "The Wolverine" and "Days Of Future Past". But playing up the relationship between Charles and Logan, especially in light of the last film and TLS makes sense. And would be a good way to go out with the 21st century X-Men. As I've said before, the films have become the narrative of Charles and Logan first and foremost since we start with them as young boys and follow them to old men. And we've seen how they've influenced each other during some of their most darkest moments.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  23. Thrawn082

Jan 11, 2014
    One of the (many problems) with TLS is that Xavier "dies" before he and Wolverine really get to reconcile their differences over the whole "Xavier messing with Jean's mind" thing.

24. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Well, with Days of Future Past sort of retconning things, X3: The Last Stand is no longer part of this continuity as Jean and Scott are still alive. Therefore, it is plausible that Logan and Chuck developed a quasi father/son relationship off camera. Moreover, if Wolverine 3 is based on the Old Man Logan storyline then it should take place a few decades away from the present time, thus allowing Chuck and Logan to develop a deeper relationship.

25. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Why do I get the feeling Old Man Logan is going to be carting around Chuck's brain in a jar (and he'll manifest as Patrick Stewart) or he'll be psychically "haunted" again ala Jean in The Wolverine. Cuz if it's Old Man Logan then how damn old would Old Man Xavier be?