main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph X-Men Movies & TV - Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by JoinTheSchwarz , Oct 6, 2010.

1. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon

Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 17, 2000
  2. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    EW article

They?re not flashbacks [...] It starts in 1942, and then works its way up to 1962.

The best way of describing it is X-Men meets Bond, with a little bit of Thirteen Days thrown in for good measure. It?s set in the ?60s, and I basically molded a young Magneto on a young Sean Connery. He?s the ultimate spy ? imagine Bond, but with superpowers... For me, Magneto is the good guy in the film, but he?s a sort of a good bad guy. He literally kicks off the movie, and Xavier goes along on the ride trying to figure out what the hell is going on, and trying to persuade Erik that you don?t have to kill everyone.

In the beginning of the film, no one knows that mutants exist, and all the mutants don?t know that each other exist. They?re all in hiding. Kevin Bacon plays [Sebastian Shaw,] a very megalomaniac mutant who decides that he can take over the world and that mutants are the future. Erik and Charles then meet each other and hook up with the CIA to try and prevent World War III.

3. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Haha, love that last line!

4. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    Maybe a movie version of Fred Duncan?

[image=http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070322040031/marveldatabase/images/6/69/X-Men_Vol_1_2_page_--_Frederick_Duncan_%28Earth-616%29.jpg]

5. hear+soul

hear+soul Jedi Master star 6

Nov 5, 2004
    I thought this was a thread about the comic until I checked it out and was pleasantly surprised! Thanks again for the best movie news around, JC!

I'm excited for this. I really don't care about continuity issues because I stopped seriously caring about X-Men in the movies after X3 (*shudders*). Like Wolverine, this should be fun, at the least.

:)

6. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon

Dec 17, 2000
    Then nothing against whoever they have now, but they need to get Michael Giacchino on this project, yesterday.

7. Axle-Starweilder

Axle-Starweilder Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 6, 2005
    i saw a picture of the cast all suited up and ready to do mutant stuff on the internet the other day. based on the strength of that picture i think this movie is going to be extra terrible.

8. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    Yay optimism! I must say I feel the urge to say, "I have a bad feeling about this."

Would like to see Wolvy in Japan right the ship before they attempt any other X movies but full speed ahead... Hoping this is good.

9. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    I think that picture was a bad Photoshop some Fox intern cooked up. The more recent pics look much better.

10. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Can someone post a link to where the pics are located?

11. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
  12. Spider-Fan

Spider-Fan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2008
    Clever...I was just going to link to Google. :p

13. Axle-Starweilder

Axle-Starweilder Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 6, 2005
    i guess i should have said Xtra terrible..

14. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    Apparently we're getting the trailer tomorrow.

Also, Magneto:

[image=http://www.bleedingcool.com/wp-content/uploads//2011/02/magneto-in-a-stylish-box.jpg]

15. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
  16. Kiki-Gonn

Feb 26, 2001
    Nobody puts Magneto in a corner.

17. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon

Dec 17, 2000
    If we're lucky, one of these days someone in charge of one of these franchises is going to flip out into full-on Joe Dante Gremlins 2 self-parody mode, and we'll get a scene like Xavier and Magneto doing the entire dance from the end of Dirty Dancing, complete with "the" lift, at which point they lose their balance and fall on each other - breaking Xavier's back and confining him to a wheelchair for the rest of his life.

18. slimybug

slimybug Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 14, 2001
    Henry Pryce Jackman, someone I've never heard of, is doing the music. Why Giacchino?

Slimy!

19. Kiki-Gonn

Feb 26, 2001
    I would camp out for the midnight showing for that.

20. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Magento and X was the only good thing about the live action trilogy. I will probably watch this but I suspect that like Hollywood tends to they'll botch a beautiful friendship turned rivalry with this. I am most curious about Erik. Yet after the *horrible* Wolverine: Origins, I don't expect much at all.

Shame we won't see Sir Patrick and Sir Ian again. They were the heart of the story. Depute what Hollywood *attempted* to do by cramming Wolvy down my throat. :p[face_frustrated]

21. Spider-Fan

Jul 15, 2008
    They are trying to work on developing X-Men 4. Xavier's consciousness is alive in his twin brother (ugh) and Magneto seems to be slowly regaining his power. So they may very well be back again...but be careful what you wish for.

22. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    Interesting. :) Thanks for sharing.

Indeed. Agreed. :rolleyes:

What's with all the twin cliches in stories/films? Gives us *real* twins a bad name. o_O[face_frustrated]

23. Spider-Fan

Jul 15, 2008
  24. Im_just_guessing

Im_just_guessing Jedi Knight star 7

Oct 23, 2002
    That looks even worse than I imagined.

25. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    Thanks, SF. Still wary, but mildly curious. At least this one *focuses* on two of my three X-Men chars. I've liked Erik, Charles, and Remy since seeing the cartoon and reading the comics. :)