main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph X-Men Movies & TV - Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by JoinTheSchwarz , Oct 6, 2010.

1. Kran Starborn

Kran Starborn Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 19, 2013
    That article is basically speculation on will the makers of Wolverine films put him in the suit for the next film or future films with Wolverine in it.

2. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I'd like to see the costume but in a different colour.

3. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I'd like for them to be in their birthday suits.

4. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Just as Gene Roddenberry intended.

5. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
  6. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I'm sure it could, did you not see the deleted scene from The Wolverine featuring the comics costume?

Super-Power Beat Down people on youtube regularly have Wolverine feature in a costume like the one he has in the comics, and he looks great.

He looks much like the First Class bunch did in their costumes.

heels1785 and VadersLaMent like this.
  7. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Logan doesn't need a mask because he's not a newspaper reporter, a billionaire playboy, or a college student with a part time job as a photographer. So right that shoots down the need for a mask.

8. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    SithLordDarthRichie If I haven't seen it we wouldn't be talking about this so of course I saw it.

So and may be I already know the answer but is Logan healing his claws into becoming bone again accurate in what Wolverine does? And so does that mean Logan has bone claws but still has an adamantium skeleton?

And can we take a moment to appreciate how badass looking Iceman looks in Days of Futures Past?
    [​IMG]

9. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    No he looks whiny and angst-ridden.

Ender Sai likes this.
  10. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    To each his or her own then in how characters look in films.

11. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Early on during the post "Fatal Attractions" era of the Wolverine ongoing series, Logan's right set of claws were damaged around issue #78 and didn't fully heal until around issue #82. At which point it was established that they were ultra hard and could function much like his Adamantium claws, except now they couldn't cut the Hulk or anything that was pretty durable. But as it relates to "Days Of Future Past", we don't know what his status is in the present day scenes. Magneto could freeze him in place, but logically, he shouldn't have Adamantium on his claws. The metal doesn't regenerate and only by applying more can he replenish what was lost. That's how he got his new skeleton during "The Twelve". Once he's in his younger self, though, he should have bone claws as established in "X-Men Origins: Wolverine". Since he didn't pop his claws in "First Class", this shouldn't be an issue.

12. Volderon

Volderon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 23, 2007
    Iceman looks pretty good. I want to see more of Mckellan and Stewart though, well, because, theyre badasses.

Question though regarding the claws...will Wolverine get his Adamantium claws back?

13. KissMeImARebel

KissMeImARebel Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
  14. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    That's an odd decision.

15. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    If she's only in that one scene that is unfortunate, but the director is entitled to cut out that part if he doesn't think it works. I think the fact Rogue had so little screen time anyway says more than Singer cutting the scene itself.

I'm not that bothered tbh, I never thought Rogue was all that great in the X-Men movies. I'd rather not have her in it at all if she's just going to be a pointless background character.

16. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Coming soon to an extended edition DVD!

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  17. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
  18. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    If that's literally the only scene she's in, one assumes she doesn't make it out alive. Still, you'd think Fox would let the run time go for this. It's guaranteed to make money at this point.

19. KissMeImARebel

KissMeImARebel Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I'm fairly confident that Singer is lying when he says she was in one scene.

The behind the scenes footage from The Wolverine DVD showed her at the temple with Kitty and Wolverine. And the speculation has been that she was probably going to be getting retrieved when something goes wrong with the original plan (like Kitty becomes incapacitated and can't pull Wolverine back through time). Singer is either keeping it simple because he doesn't want to go into an elaborate explanation on a film 5 months out, or, he's doing damage control because he doesn't want ppl to know he cut something that required a reworking of a major plot point (there have been reshoots and my guess is they were done to cover up Rogue's absence later in the film).

20. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
  21. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I assumed the re-shoots were done because they wanted to tie the movie in with the Apocalypse one and perhaps hadn't decided when they started out they were going to do it.

The established end for Rogue in X3 works anyway, so her not appearing isn't really a big problem. She's not in it because she lost her powers and went to live a normal life, or she got killed years back. Same thing could be said for the absence of older Mystique in the movie.

22. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Clearly older Mystique is just disguised as Bishop.

23. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Rogue was somewhat pointless in the sequels, so no huge loss.

24. Rogue501st

Rogue501st Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 9, 2010
    As a Rogue fan, I agree that her character was wasted in original trilogy. I was really hoping they would bring her back for Days of Future Past...maybe we could've seen her return to the team after the "cure" failed to work. So sad.

Kran Starborn likes this.
  25. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    In all honesty with me what bothered me with Rogue a little bit is how they had her into a relationship with Iceman and not Gambit like we all know they are. I feel they did that to sort of do ice vs. fire sort of thing when Pyro would side with the Brotherhood and they would have to fight.

Rogue501st likes this.