Amph X-Men Movies (Now: Days of Future Past, Next: Apocalypse)

Discussion in 'Community' started by JoinTheSchwarz, Oct 6, 2010.

1. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Grand Master

star 6
  2. JoinTheSchwarz Comms Admin & Community Manager

Administrator
    star 8
    EW article

They?re not flashbacks [...] It starts in 1942, and then works its way up to 1962.

The best way of describing it is X-Men meets Bond, with a little bit of Thirteen Days thrown in for good measure. It?s set in the ?60s, and I basically molded a young Magneto on a young Sean Connery. He?s the ultimate spy ? imagine Bond, but with superpowers... For me, Magneto is the good guy in the film, but he?s a sort of a good bad guy. He literally kicks off the movie, and Xavier goes along on the ride trying to figure out what the hell is going on, and trying to persuade Erik that you don?t have to kill everyone.

In the beginning of the film, no one knows that mutants exist, and all the mutants don?t know that each other exist. They?re all in hiding. Kevin Bacon plays [Sebastian Shaw,] a very megalomaniac mutant who decides that he can take over the world and that mutants are the future. Erik and Charles then meet each other and hook up with the CIA to try and prevent World War III.
  3. Healer_Leona Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Haha, love that last line!
  4. JoinTheSchwarz Comms Admin & Community Manager

Administrator
    star 8
    Maybe a movie version of Fred Duncan?

[image=http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070322040031/marveldatabase/images/6/69/X-Men_Vol_1_2_page_--_Frederick_Duncan_%28Earth-616%29.jpg]
  5. hear+soul Force Ghost

star 6
    I thought this was a thread about the comic until I checked it out and was pleasantly surprised! Thanks again for the best movie news around, JC!

I'm excited for this. I really don't care about continuity issues because I stopped seriously caring about X-Men in the movies after X3 (*shudders*). Like Wolverine, this should be fun, at the least.

:)
  6. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Then nothing against whoever they have now, but they need to get Michael Giacchino on this project, yesterday.
  7. Axle-Starweilder Force Ghost

star 6
    i saw a picture of the cast all suited up and ready to do mutant stuff on the internet the other day. based on the strength of that picture i think this movie is going to be extra terrible.
  8. Kiki-Gonn Chosen One

star 6
    Yay optimism! I must say I feel the urge to say, "I have a bad feeling about this."

Would like to see Wolvy in Japan right the ship before they attempt any other X movies but full speed ahead... Hoping this is good.
  9. JoinTheSchwarz Comms Admin & Community Manager

Administrator
    star 8
    I think that picture was a bad Photoshop some Fox intern cooked up. The more recent pics look much better.
  10. TiniTinyTony Episode VII Movie Poster Contest Winner

Game Winner
    star 5
    Can someone post a link to where the pics are located?
  11. JoinTheSchwarz Comms Admin & Community Manager

Administrator
    star 8
  12. Spider-Fan Force Ghost

star 4
    Clever...I was just going to link to Google. :p
  13. Axle-Starweilder Force Ghost

star 6
    i guess i should have said Xtra terrible..
  14. JoinTheSchwarz Comms Admin & Community Manager

Administrator
    star 8
    Apparently we're getting the trailer tomorrow.

Also, Magneto:

[image=http://www.bleedingcool.com/wp-content/uploads//2011/02/magneto-in-a-stylish-box.jpg]
  15. Healer_Leona Manager Emeritus

star 9
  16. Kiki-Gonn Chosen One

star 6
    Nobody puts Magneto in a corner.
  17. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    If we're lucky, one of these days someone in charge of one of these franchises is going to flip out into full-on Joe Dante Gremlins 2 self-parody mode, and we'll get a scene like Xavier and Magneto doing the entire dance from the end of Dirty Dancing, complete with "the" lift, at which point they lose their balance and fall on each other - breaking Xavier's back and confining him to a wheelchair for the rest of his life.
  18. slimybug Force Ghost

star 5
    Henry Pryce Jackman, someone I've never heard of, is doing the music. Why Giacchino?

Slimy!
  19. Kiki-Gonn Chosen One

star 6
    I would camp out for the midnight showing for that.
  20. Cushing's Admirer Force Ghost

star 6
    Magento and X was the only good thing about the live action trilogy. I will probably watch this but I suspect that like Hollywood tends to they'll botch a beautiful friendship turned rivalry with this. I am most curious about Erik. Yet after the *horrible* Wolverine: Origins, I don't expect much at all.

Shame we won't see Sir Patrick and Sir Ian again. They were the heart of the story. Depute what Hollywood *attempted* to do by cramming Wolvy down my throat. :p[face_frustrated]
  21. Spider-Fan Force Ghost

star 4
    They are trying to work on developing X-Men 4. Xavier's consciousness is alive in his twin brother (ugh) and Magneto seems to be slowly regaining his power. So they may very well be back again...but be careful what you wish for.
  22. Cushing's Admirer Force Ghost

star 6
    Interesting. :) Thanks for sharing.

Indeed. Agreed. :rolleyes:

What's with all the twin cliches in stories/films? Gives us *real* twins a bad name. o_O[face_frustrated]
  23. Spider-Fan Force Ghost

star 4
  24. Im_just_guessing Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    That looks even worse than I imagined.
  25. Cushing's Admirer Force Ghost

star 6
    Thanks, SF. Still wary, but mildly curious. At least this one *focuses* on two of my three X-Men chars. I've liked Erik, Charles, and Remy since seeing the cartoon and reading the comics. :)