main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph X-Men Movies & TV - Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by JoinTheSchwarz , Oct 6, 2010.

1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    It's pretty common actually that the final installation of a trilogy will be worse than the second part, if not downright horrible. The only real exception that springs to mind is Return of the King. But ROTJ, Pirates 3, Terminator 3, Aliens 3, Matrix 3, Godfather III, Shrek 3-- the list goes on and on.

2. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    I like TT better than RotK, mainly due to the battle was much more intense and the undead army ruined everything.

How could you forget RotS being no doubt, the best of the Prequel trilogy?

3. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i wish i could forget rots.

4. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Well, personal opinion's great and all, but ROTK had much better universal praise than TTT, swept the Oscars, and only really got one complaint and that was the length and "multiple endings".

I mean who knows? DOFP is shaping up to be pretty awesome, so I'm guessing it'll secure the First Class trilogy's spot among the general category of trilogies whose 2nd film is better than the third.

5. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I wish I could forget ROTJ.

Darth_Invidious likes this.
  6. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    I think to make a great finale of the trilogy, you can't just think "let's make a great movie" after the 2nd one because it would feel quite disconnected. You have to start to build up the story during the making of at least the 2nd movie, connect the plot from the 2nd or even the 1st movie well enough.

7. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    I did recall Blade, but I didn't consider it as part of that chain because it's not a standard superhero film easily relatable to the marvel Universe just like Spidey, the X-Men or the Avengers are. I wager that if you told anyone just slightly knowledgeable of the character that he's part of the Marvel Universe, they'd probably look at you slackjawed and say "Really? Huh."

But X-Men was something unique. For the first time, unless I'm seriously mistaken here, you had a movie featuring a very cool team of superheroes battling another equally impressive team of supervillains. And these guys were born with their powers and fighting to protect a world that feared and hated them. And when the dust settled and Charles left that plastic cell after checkmating Erik, we knew we wanted more. That that movie did reasonably well and launched a franchise that still thrives nearly 15 years later - despite a couple of serious hiccups - is quite an accomplishment.

8. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Well yeah, Blade is a Wesley Snipes vehicle first and foremost.

9. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

It was the first time the larger world saw something like that, in live action. The "Fantastic Four" and "Justice League Of America" films were never released and only known for bootleg copies showing up at conventions and then on the internet. A lot of people don't remember "Legends Of The Superheroes" which was essentially a JLA television special, featuring the 60's Batman cast. Only in animation was there ever a team of superheroes shown together.

Yes and no. It was in development just as Snipes was starting to become famous, back in 1993. He was in consideration for both it and a Black Panther film. He wound up committing to it, once Marvel went into bankruptcy and it was being fast tracked for a release. It was intended more as a Marvel film than a Wesley Snipes film. Had the logo been attached to the second film, more people would remember it as a Marvel film. It was added to the third film, but that film tanked.

10. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    The other consideration on the size of the international BO is the opening up of the China market. The original Iron Man did $15M, IM3 did $121M. There's a lot of factors behind how that lucrative market opened up, but Avengers was one of the first films to really crack the market there.

11. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    They're doing it again with Seoul, Korea this time. A "Korean scientist who is a friend to Tony Stark" (female, natch)...

12. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    Yep, and I'll be in Seoul while they are filming. Unfortunately I won't have any time to go hunting around the city for where they are filming.

13. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Didn't they start attaching the Marvel logo to the movies in 2003?

14. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    2002 with "Spider-Man".

15. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Didn't think I'd seen this posted here yet ...

Wolverine The Musical - Hugh Jackman:

16. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  17. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004

[face_laugh]=D=

18. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
  19. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    That was truly wonderful.

20. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I would pay good money to see a Wolverine musical if Hugh Jackman was in it.

21. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Love the new Magneto poster.

[​IMG]

Juliet316, DarthIntegral and Everton like this.
  22. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Boy, the makeup on Jackman is really top-notch. I really believe that he's a young British dude and an old British dude. :p

23. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Hugh Jackman is playing everyone in this movie!

24. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Who does he think he is, Nic Cage?

25. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    [face_laugh] Oh crap, I was so focused on how great the poster itself looked I totally missed the Jackman part.[face_rofl]

Jedi Merkurian likes this.