Amph X-Men Movies (Now: Days of Future Past, Next: Apocalypse)

Discussion in 'Community' started by JoinTheSchwarz, Oct 6, 2010.

1. Eeth-my-Koth Chosen One

star 9
    X-Men: future and the pasto
    JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  2. dp4m Chosen One

star 9
    X-Men: There and Back There Again
    Kiki-Gonn and soitscometothis like this.
  3. DarthIntegral Force Ghost

star 7
    X-Men: Hugh Jackman's Bogus Journey
    Healer_Leona and Kiki-Gonn like this.
  4. Kiki-Gonn Chosen One

star 6
    Sadly I wouldn't know. I'm a bad geek; would like to see it.
  5. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5
    Truth be told, I'd be hard pressed to call Superman Returns (and why are we talking about that here? This is the X-Mutie thread! :p) a "masterpiece", even if only to compare it to something like MoS. At least MoS didn't bore me with sappy, nostalgic sentimentality. Also, no creepy, stalking, emo Superman on that one either.
  6. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
    X-Men: The Battle of the Five Sentinels
    Rebel_Padawan likes this.
  7. Slowpokeking Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Why did he agree to do it? Singer didn't give him awesome role in X-2.
  8. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5
    Blame Fox or the producers (take your pick) for not giving Cyclops any meaningful role in the movies. Because they were all about Wolverine. That should've been obvious since the start. Perhaps giving Marsden a meatier role in SR was Singer's way to make up for that.

Edit: Speaking of the ol' Canucklehead, what is this crap I'm hearing lately that they're gonna kill off Wolverine in the comics. And do they really think anyone is going to take that seriously?
    Juliet316 likes this.
  9. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    Check the Comics thread for more (spoilery for the comics) info on that.
  10. Arawn_Fenn Chosen One

star 7
    Been there, done that.
  11. SithLordDarthRichie London CR

Chapter Rep
    star 8
    It's a comic-book death, hardly permanent.

Hasn't he died before (as in the exact story this new movie is adapted from)?
  12. Arawn_Fenn Chosen One

star 7
    Is there an echo in here? :p
  13. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5
    You could say he's died quite a few times already, being brought back from the brink by his healing factor or some other agency. So this "death" will probably only mean a temporary absence from one or two X-books and the larger 616 MU for a year. Tops.
  14. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
    Hasn't Jean Grey been dead in the comics for a long time though?
  15. darth-sinister Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Probably because Singer liked working with him and he auditioned for the role. Then FOX got upset with Singer for doing "Superman Returns" which lead to their replacing him on "The Last Stand" and they opted to short Cyclops's role since Marsden was going to be doing SR and it was filming down in Sydney.

In 2004, she was killed off. A younger version from the past has been brought forward, along with the other founding members as part of "All-New X-Men".
  16. SithLordDarthRichie London CR

Chapter Rep
    star 8
    It's not uncommon for some characters to die for a while. Wasn't Green Goblin dead for like 30 years in the Spider-Man comics?

Wolverine is a bit too popular to kill off for that long though.
  17. darth-sinister Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Norman Osborn was dead from 1973 until 1996. Harry Osborn from 1993 until 2007. As to Logan, he'll be back just in time for the next film.
  18. Penguinator RPF Modinator and Batmanager

Manager
    star 6
    Man, I can't believe it's been ten years since a Jean Grey death. We're about due for another. :p
  19. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5
    There's still another one around that can be killed off, even if that might cause a catastrophic paradox and whatev.
  20. KissMeImARebel Force Ghost

star 4
    IIRC Fox still had Marsden available for a month. Granted, when you're juggling a big ensemble movie, you can't always rearrange things around one actor, but I'm skeptical that Fox shortchanged Scott JUST because of scheduling issues. He was always going to be shoved aside to make room for Wolverine.
  21. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
    So which X-Men character hasn't died yet in the comics, or have they all died at some point?
  22. JoinTheSchwarz Comms Admin & Community Manager

Administrator
    star 8
    Yeah, a lot of them have never died. I doubt you would have heard of any of them, though. :p

Cyclops, check (kinda). Wolverine, check. Jean Grey, check. Nightcrawler, check. Colossus, check. Rogue, check. Psylocke, check. Angel, check. Xavier, check. Gambit... oh God, Gambit is next!
  23. KissMeImARebel Force Ghost

star 4
    Yeah I think most of the big names have died. There's also: Magneto, Magik, Cypher, everyone on the failed Krakoa mission except Vulcan, Banshee, Blink, Kitty (I think). Those are just off the top of my head.

I'd be hesitant to name anyone who hasn't died just because my x-lore isn't that good and because it happens so often. (EDIT): Can anyone confirm/deny: Storm, Polaris, Havok, X-23, Beast, Iceman, Forge, Dani Moonstar, Cannonball, Karma, Warlock, Wolfsbane, Bishop, Cable, Sunspot, Sunfire...?
    Last edited by KissMeImARebel, Apr 27, 2014
  24. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5
    Storm, Havok, Cannonball, Warlock and Cable have all died before.
    KissMeImARebel likes this.
  25. Arawn_Fenn Chosen One

star 7
    Saw a TV ad for the first time today. It was good except for the last scene with JLaw.