main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph X-Men Movies & TV - Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by JoinTheSchwarz , Oct 6, 2010.

1. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Origins is gone. Yes, it happened, but it is no longer relevant in any way.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  2. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

It probably makes sense to wait a bit. That would give Singer the freedom to do his story and then they can build off of it with "X-Force".

I don't think there's a plan to reconcile the two different Bolivar Trask's, how Cerebro was made, the age differences with Stryker and the like. Stuff like when Charles and Erik met the Greys will undoubtedly no one be the same, so that leaves that out. We already know in this film that Charles could walk because of the serum and it is possible that Hank had modified it so that he could walk and still have some of his powers. Stryker's military rank in both films is consistent. Singer and Ottoman included footage of Logan's Adamantium bonding process from the first and second films with the first solo film. As I noted earlier, this film ends with Erik leaving Shaw's helmet behind which unless he's wearing it in the next film, matches up with why Charles was confused. Stryker and Trask experimenting on Mutants in the 70's is consistent with not only Logan's origin, but Stryker's own plans in "Origins".

Now, going forward with the next solo film for Logan, the story could revolve around the Romulus storyline, who could be used in place of Stryker. Or as the one who manipulated Stryker's experiments. We know Gambit is going to be in the next film and odds are he'll join the 80's era team and will probably have not been to Three Mile Island. At the very least, though, Gambit's age is consistent with "Origins" even though it'll be a different actor going forward. I can see the team being...

Wolverine
    Storm
    Cyclops
    Jean Grey
    Gambit
    Beast
    Havok
    Quicksilver

Arawn_Fenn likes this.
  3. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Having browsed the Romulus story, I hope they leave that out of consideration for future films. Honestly, that guy and what he represents is such a contrived addition to Wolverine's history. It would probably be better if he's replaced entirely by old En Sabah Nur. Wolverine is often displayed as the ultimate survivor, something that Pocklips most certainly respects and appreciates.

Gamiel likes this.
  4. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Just the pre-Vietnam stuff including the bone claws.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  5. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    The bone claws have little to do with that movie and more from the detail that they've always been there, just covered in adamantium until Magneto ripped it out of him during the Fatal Attractions storyline in the '90s

6. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    Everything from before 1973 wasn't affected by DOFP.

7. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Obviously not...

8. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    How did DOFP change anything before 1973?

9. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    I meant that nothing should've been changed...

10. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001

The second film implied that they were surgically implanted as in the pre "Fatal Attractions" comics. Their introduction in "Origins" and return in both "The Wolverine" and "Days Of Future Past" illustrate that certain elements are still the same when Logan arrives. So there was an acknowledgment of "Origins" and yes, going forward, how he gains the Adamantium will probably be different. It just depends on what the next two films showcase.

11. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    The second film didn't say anything about them. Stryker made a reference to claws but that was assumed to be about the adamantium ones.

12. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    That's why I said implied. Meaning it could go either way. "Origin" had already been out for a while by the time the script for the second film was finalized and went into principal photography.

13. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    You made me curious enough to go on over to Wikipedia. Ye gods, that's the most horrendously stupid thing I have ever heard of in my entire life. Convergent evolution from wolves? Really?

14. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    I'm honor-bound to rib you on stuff like this due to your usual lack of imagination but...yeah, that Romulus thing is pretty goddam terrible.

15. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001

Yeah, because this is ridiculous.

[​IMG]

16. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Sinister, by that logic Romulus should be something akin to a werewolf, not a hominid.

17. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Don't worry. The sequel to the Evolution storyline revealed that the lupine thing was nothing but disinformation. Of course, with the first part being that awful, few people read that far. :p

18. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001

Yeah, but this is Marvel where Curt Connors can turn himself into the Lizard and others into replicas of himself as well, citing that humans have reptilian DNA within them. Or some such. And Gamma radiation can turn anyone into the Hulk or a similar mutation.

19. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    *grumbles grumbles*

Fine. Touche.

It was still a pretty stupid idea. :p

20. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    My problem is that he somehow is supposed to be behind so much of Wolverines bad history

21. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    As in...all of it. Yeah.

22. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001

That I can understand. It's one thing when it was something like Norman Osborn was responsible for the Jackal's clone experiments since that was a five year period. But not over a hundred years worth of stuff. At least be selective and have it only be key events, not all of them.

23. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Well, it's also just fundamentally absurd because the underlying premise is "Your life would be completely perfect if not for the dedicated efforts of one guy who spends all his time specifically trying to make you miserable." That's idiotic, insofar as everyone knows and expects that sometimes, things don't turn out perfect in life because life is not perfect. You don't need a literal supervillain to explain it.

24. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    So, is DOFP saying that Logan does not have admantium claws in the new future? I'm confused. Or is Magneto's "Imagine if they were metal" a hint that Magneto now does it, since Mystique is the one that picks him up out of the water?

25. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    I think the main reason behind Romulus-as-mastermind was explaining Wolverine's awfully kept chronology. It was so full of holes and contradictions that only an evil mastermind behind it could make sense of it.

Or, you know, just disregarding the conflicting stories and not creating a stupid and contrived character like Rommy.

Gamiel and Darth_Invidious like this.