main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph X-Men Movies & TV - Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by JoinTheSchwarz , Oct 6, 2010.

1. KissMeImARebel

KissMeImARebel Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I've pretty much hated Scott since that story. It's not like it's hard to do these days.

2. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    Did he ever regret for that later? Especially towards Nathan.

3. KissMeImARebel

KissMeImARebel Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Not really, IIRC. (I should add that my knowledge of x-lore is limited, so I could be wrong).

4. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

Because X-Factor had Jean Grey in it with Scott. That's why. But then he turns around and cheats on Jean with Emma, a while after getting married. Logan was right when he said....

During and after "Inferno". But in regards to Cable, I don't think it was nearly as bad. It was brought up a bit in "X-Cutioner's Song" and I think in "The Adventures Of Cyclops And Phoenix." I haven't read the latter.

ForgottennJedi1986 and dp4m like this.
  5. Anakin_Skywalker20

Anakin_Skywalker20 Jedi Master star 5

Nov 16, 2000
    My thoughts? well, I personally wish the rights went back to Marvel so Marvel can do their version of the X-Men right...that means, oh yeah, and I mean casting fresh blood to play the main characters. I never did see the new fox's x-Men... [face_dunno]

6. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    I'm more ok with Fox having X-Men than I am with them having Fantastic Four. I could live with Fox having X-Men for a few more years, but this new Fantastic Four reboot sounds like Fantastic Four In Name Only.

7. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    With the X-Men so often (until recently) feeling like a separate universe within the MU, I'm generally ok with their movie rights being separate from the MCU.

It's just the few crossover exceptions (Logan, Wade, Tasky) where it's unfortunate they can't be in the MCU.

By contrast, the FF work so much better within the MU than on their own or awkwardly paired with the X-Men (heck, I'd rather Sony have the FF rights than Fox- at least pairing Parker with them makes sense). Plus they bring a lot of cosmic stuff with them like Galactus and the Surfer.

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  8. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Yeah. With the release of GOTG and the introduction of the cosmic entities such as Thanks it would be good to have Silver Surfer & Galactus appear within that universe.
    Plus Dr Doom would be an awesome Avengers villain.

X-Men functions well separately. Plus the whole anti-mutants thing doesn't really fit in with the rest of the established MCU where superheroes are cheered & loved by the public.

9. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999

Not exactly. There were definitely more than a few unhappy voices during that news footage montage at the end of "The Avengers". Although many people may praise them as heroes, there will always be a few people that will naturally mistrust, say, a guy that wears what is for all intents and purposes a mobile weapon system, a green rage monster or a musclebound surfer dude that calls himself "God of Thunder". Mistrust in superhumans should be far more common in both the MU or MCU, regardless of whether said powers comes from accidents of fate, extraterrestrial/extradimensional origin or, in case of mutants, genetics.

Skywalker Thing likes this.
  10. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
  11. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Either that was deliberate by Singer and Co., for deliberate misdirection, or somebody's about to be out of a job.:p

12. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Deliberate.

13. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    It was on Singer's Instagram.

14. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Who the hell is Thanks? :p

A couple of them might have been HYDRA agents.

Darth_Invidious and Juliet316 like this.
  15. Anakin_Skywalker20

Anakin_Skywalker20 Jedi Master star 5

Nov 16, 2000
    My fave character is Jean Grey...

16. vnu

vnu Jedi Master star 3

Sep 8, 2012
    Just saw the new X-Men movie but there's something that's confusing me.

In the teaser at the end of The Wolverine, Wolverine is recruited by a future Xavier and Magneto to help in their alternate timeline in the future against the Sentinels, correct? They are coming from a timeline separate from X3 as Xavier is still alive. The reason they have to go back in time to recruit him is because Wolverine is not with them as he refused to be a member of the team as shown in First Class. This is why he has the memories of X3. Correct, or no?
    When he awakens at the end of DoFP, where are we in this 'revised' 'alternate' timeline? How does this revised timeline relate to X1-X3? Is it alternate timeline?

Just thought some items weren't as clear.

17. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Xavier was alive at the end of X3, so there's no issue.

18. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001

It was at the end of the film. There was also an alternate ending which leads into "The Wolverine".

ForgottennJedi1986 likes this.
  19. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000

I agree the Fantastic Four should be in the Marvel Universe. I also like that Fox is taking the X-Men franchise more seriously and have apologized for X3 and Wolverine Origins.

Another positive with Fox having X-Men and Fantastic Four (and Sony having Spider-Man for that matter) is that Marvel fans will have three to four movies out almost every year.

20. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    [​IMG]

21. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Saw DoFP again about 5 days ago, one of the last showings because it's now outta my local, nearby theatre. Wasn't a 3D show which was nice. On 2nd viewing, I still love it even more and I think the performances of the Xavier(s) is really great and their "crossover" scene just may be my favourite damn scene in the entire series. It's ultimately about Xavier putting everyone together and it's great to see both Stewart and McAvoy be the same guy at both ends of the age and ideology spectrum. It's a great bit of business overall and oddly rather touching that only sci-fi movies can get heady and introspective. McAvoy is pretty damn great at everything he does in this film, this is a man going through an intense personal crisis of faith, and it always kinda bothers me that some damn fine Thespian acting that occurs in comic book or blockbuster movies or sci-fi movies never gets any awards attention.

Arawn_Fenn likes this.
  22. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Well, sci-fi has long been the soapbox for writers to deal with such issues, while wrapping it up in a bit of spectacle. It's a good way to explore the human condition. Course, there are still films being made that don't require sci-fi and fantasy elements to tell something introspective. You just have to know where to find them.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  23. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    True that. I meant that the time-traveling psychic guy talking to himself through decades is a good introspective thematic trick that is wrapped up in a sci-fi world to actually get to that point. (It's an old character trope, the young man crippled by self-doubt but, y'know, plus mutants! Time travel! Psychics! to make an introspective moment become real stakes between two people across decades.) Also in this case, the history / burden of the entire X-flick franchise actually enhances the drama of that sequence because it's basically leading up to that point, who Xavier is, who is going to become, and who he doesn't want to / has to become.

24. vnu

vnu Jedi Master star 3

Sep 8, 2012
    Geez people. My trivia isn't as good for X-Men as it is for SW. I've only seen the other X movies a coupe times a few years ago (obviously saw TW last year). But I found a site that clarifies everything. Should really rewatch all 6 that are currently out on DVD.
    X-Men>Avengers>AnythingDC

25. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    So, it seems that an extended cut of the film will be released in 2015 featuring Anna Paquin's cut scenes. If the scenes are what's basically been alluded to before, I'm definitely interested as it would definitely alter some key scenes in the movie. That said, if they are putting that in, I hope a few other things get added back as well. Especially if it is anything with the future.

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.