main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph X-Men Movies & TV - Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by JoinTheSchwarz , Oct 6, 2010.

1. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001

Diggy

I am not wrong in making the Blazing Saddles connection.

Diggy likes this.
  2. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    That's quite the insult to that character!

3. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
  4. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    That's a surprisingly good trailer. I am now asking myself how they're going to **** it up.

Random Comments likes this.
  5. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    OK, ok, ok. Fox, I will give you my money for this. I skipped out on the first two Wolverine movies, but this looks good.

6. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I haven't seen the first one, but the second one was okay. To a point.

Darth_Invidious likes this.
  7. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I actually think The Wolverine was very good... until the third act.

8. soitscometothis

Jul 11, 2003
    No one likes the GIANT ******* ROBOT that they obviously thought was going to wow us.

9. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    What robot? Do you mean the Silver Samurai power-armour? I liked it.

Jedi Daniel likes this.
  10. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    and pass... With X-23 front and center, I'm out. Never liked the character or the concept (along with Wolverine's son ).

Thank you, Hugh. You were my link to Logan once the comics went to hell with your Origin)...well, at least Deadpool 2 will be fun.

11. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I really liked The Wolverine. The first 10-15 minutes are incredible.

Jedi Daniel and cubman987 like this.
  12. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Love that trailer. Really hoping Jackman gets to go out on a high note, I really liked The Wolverine so if it can be close to that in terms of quality I'll be happy.

seventhbeacon and Jedi Daniel like this.
  13. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    So I guess the X-men are all dead what with Logan saying 'they're all dead' while standing by a cemetery. And with how bleak the future is... kind of makes Days of Future Past kind of pointless... Also kind of makes the other movies that way given we know it ends this way... nothing they do in the 90s going to undo this future without undoing this movie. And I can't seem them letting Wolverine have 3 movies that are ALL undone.

14. soitscometothis

Jul 11, 2003
    Yep. As soon as that came along the movie dropped a few notches. I think you're the first person I've seen who's said they liked it.

15. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Unless we continue to have two timelines. Or they continue to not care about timelines. Or they just do timey-wimey wibbly-wobbly nonsense.

Valency Jane likes this.
  16. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Or it was all a dream that Bob Newhart had.

17. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Haven't seen the trailer yet, but Logan is nigh immortal. I don't know that all their efforts are invalidated just because the future isn't permanently peaceful and happy. That's like if someone came to the present day and said the Civil War was pointless because racial discrimination still exists.

Valency Jane, BigAl6ft6 and Gamiel like this.
  18. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Red band with a few different shots.

Darth_Invidious likes this.
  19. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    I'll admit to being impressed by how thoughtful and thrilling this looks. Every time I think I'm done with comic book movies...

[​IMG]

Valency Jane and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  20. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

There was "Days Of Future Past"/"Days Of Future Present", then there was "The Coming Of Bishop", "The Adventures Of Cyclops & Phoenix", "Here Comes Tomorrow" and the "Messiah Complex"/"Messiah War" future that Cable and Hope went to. Not to mention "Old Man Logan", "Marvel 2099" and "Future Imperfect". All of which are different timelines that result from present day actions. Just because one possible future was altered, doesn't mean another one wouldn't take its place.

I liked what was done with Silver Samurai, since it doesn't have to be 100% like the comics. Really, there's not much difference other than the film portraying it as robotic armor.

21. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    I enjoyed The Wolverine with the exception of Viper. I think they could deployed the nanobot without her character. She really was pretty useless. Silver Samurai, I didn't mind the changes all that much, but I am even more bummed we won't get more of Rila's Yukio. She was so much fun.

BigAl6ft6 and Gamiel like this.
  22. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014

Not to mention Hank mentioned something about a current in a river correcting itself. Also, in X-Men: The Animated Series, after Bishop stops Senator Kelly's assassination, he returns to a future that's still as bleak as ever, with a different reason. Same thing could happen here.

I know Mr. Sinister is not likely to appear, despite earlier rumors. However, he could still have had an effect before the events of Logan, effects we'll see played out in future X-Men movies (and perhaps the Gambit movie?).

23. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Right. Time wants to happen as it is said on "Legends Of Tomorrow". So it would be here with "Logan".

24. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    The X-Men are constantly on the brink of destruction even in the comics, and there's like 10 alternate post-apocalyptic futures in the MU. Marvel just won't let them not be dark and miserable for any real length of time.

My theory is that Mr. Sinister unleashes a version of the Legacy Virus which kills or depowers most of the mutants. And then The Reavers hunt the rest of them down later on.

25. soitscometothis

Jul 11, 2003
    Really? The Silver Samurai in the comics was Kenuichio Harada, a normal sized mutant with the power to turn his Katana blade into energy, who fought with speed, skill, and grace; the movie's version was old Shingen Yashida, and old man with no mutant powers in huge power-armour who was pretty much a lumbering juggernaut.

I can understand needing to change some things for an adaptation, but they would have been better, imo, to keep to the lower-key style of the original miniseries( which I still think stands up rather well).

PymParticles likes this.