main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph X-Men Movies & TV - Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by JoinTheSchwarz , Oct 6, 2010.

1. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007

If they want to keep Jlaw at least cast as someone other than Mystique, make her at least be a character that fits as an X-men leader. Make her Jean Grey or Emma Frost, just anyone but Mystique. Mystique is a fascinating villain as she's just so unpredictable. She's funny and lighthearted at times yet has such a tragic undertone with her madness and her relationship with Nightcrawler and Rogue that she self-destructs every chance at redemption or turning a new leaf. For Jlaw they literally took EVERY fascinating and original thing about her away so she could be a cliche hero with no faults.

Jlaw has an Oscar, villains are roles that actors love playing. I have no idea why Kinberg and Singer choose to literally suck any chance at charisma and great acting out of Jlaw with the scripts and stories they give Mystique. Jlaw playing a comicMystique would've been great, watching her go from First Class idealist to a Brotherhood extremist and terrorist to the point with Rogue and Nightcrawler she's just gone off the deep end.

Though givenhow First Class ended with the promise of X-men Brotherhood... only for Days to reveal it never happened and everyone died offscreen... I honestly expected a non-reboot sequel to take the promise of a Mystique lead X-men team... and reveal everyone died offscreen and let Mystique, Xavier, Magneto all angst about it as everyone is back to the same status-quo they are in all the time.

2. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    I don't see why Mystique should be whitewashed other than her actress is a big star. We are already short of villains.

3. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    They don't have to be together all the time. They're not all together all the time in the comics. That'll be a huge cluster**** to try and do in the films. Not to mention each team is different in their goals and methods. It would probably be better to X-Force as a renegade militant team doing its own thing separate from the X-Men.

Here's an idea, don't watch.

4. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I've been literally and totally misquoted, but I agree with it as I would begrudgingly tolerate it as well.

As stated before, I think it's totally the perfect time to reboot the X-Men franchise. Logan appears to be wrapping up the X-Men/Singer-verse. The "rebooted" X-Men should just spin off Deadpool, as they already have the building blocks with Colossus and Teenage Negasonic Warhead. Just continue the X-Men films from there. Have the new cast of X-Men cameo or better yet, featured in Deadpool 2 where once again, Deadpool knocks on the X-Mansion door with the new Cyclops and Jean Grey answering the door while Deadpool makes a 4th-wall-breaking comment of "Fox finally put some money into this thing and we got some other X-Men running around here," playing off his comment from the first Deadpool film.

If there's ever a good time to reboot the franchise, it's now.

5. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    What kind of reboot? "hard reboot" of restarting the whole franchise, or just replace the actors and start a new storyline?

6. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Well, I'm thinking a kind of sort of a hard reboot. There are some many continuity issues with the Bryan Singer-verse X-Men that keeps coming up in this thread. Moreover, a hard reboot won't beholden to the Singer-verse, so you can properly have a Dark Phoenix Sage down the line and other stories as well as cast a new Wolverine.

As I said previously, just spin-off the cast of X-Men in Deadpool (that way they're in the same timeline and it expands the universe in a user friendly way) and actually title the films as Uncanny X-Men.

GenAntilles likes this.
  7. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    But they already had a soft reboot with DotP, I doubt they would reboot the entire franchise so soon. To me I won't wish to see that before seeing Mr. Sinister on screen.

8. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    A hard reboot wouldn't preclude a Mr. Sinister. It actually may better help that character be more fleshed out since it wouldn't have to share screen time with a Magneto or Mystique.

Days of Future Past was a nice way of incorporating First Class with the Singer-verse while sweeping X-3: The Last Stand and Wolverine Origins under the rug. That's why I'm in favor of a hard reboot. Deadpool was not really tied into the Singer-verse, so I think it's a nice way of transitioning to a new X-Men-verse.

From what's been reported, the upcoming Fox films include Deadpool 2, Gambit, New Mutants and X-Force, which hopefully won't have any ties to the Singer-verse. Just move forward.

GenAntilles likes this.
  9. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    I don't know, he was at least top 5 X-Men villain but you know, 16 years have passed. I doubt anything of the Singerverse could affect him.

10. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007

Still you want the possibility of these characters running into each other that doesn't rely solely on Cable.

As for the second part which was directed to me... Originally after Days I did stop watching as I loathed it so. But when Apocalypse came out/was coming out a friend told me if I wanted to keep complaining about it and the franchise I had to watch the movies myself to earn that right. So I did just so I could keep complaining to him as he had to accept it. :p

yeah a hard reboot would be the most ideal thing. Let there be fresh takes and the whole universe. As is now... with the 2000 X-men movie... you can't really have the Phoenix be the comic Phoenix or have the Shiar Empire or what not as it just doesn't fit in with the universe they've made. Singer made it WAY too grounded and realistic to way the issues with it now are how Fox wants to cram in comic stuff but he just can't make it work well in his movies.
    If you are going to do Mr. Sinister, do him right... or we'll end up with another Apocalypse... who will be 100% obsessed with Mystique or Wolverine and Cyclops will be a footnote.

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  11. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    How do you think about Madelyne Pryor? Her story was probably the most tragic one I've ever seen in the X-Men comics, or all superhero comics, I always wish more people to know this masterpiece. Not sure does her story fit screen though.

I won't mind it, the obsession on Cyclops doesn't add anything good on Sinister, I don't mind him focusing on other mutants as long as his goal doesn't change.

12. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Madelyne Pryor and Cable is all the more reason for a hard reboot, and thus a movie featuring Nathaniel Essex.

GenAntilles likes this.
  13. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    I really don't mind seeing Cyclops as a supporting character. He never was impressive to me compare to Jackman's Wolverine.

14. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    And that's one of the many problems I had with the Singer-verse.

15. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    I don't mind it since they did a great job on the Wolverine, and I'm a big fan of Jackman.

16. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    Cyclops was always my favorite X-men growing up. So i always wanted to see in the movies him be a central character, get to have the Jean Grey romance, then Madelyne Pryor, then finally move onto to Emma, which was the relationship I think worked best for them both. If they were so adamant about having the Jean Grey/Wolverine stuff especially, heck Days epilogue would've been great if they had Scott with Emma and left it open for Jean and Logan to get together, everyone's happy then.

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  17. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    I lost all respect of Cyclops since I saw him dumping Madelyne Pryor.

18. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    I was going to say. I think there's actually a large possibility that Raven passes the leadership torch to Cyclops in the next one, as they hinted in this one that he's destined to do great things. Raven was a pessimist in this movie, and so it will be befitting her character as portrayed in this iteration if she hands the team over to Scott when she feels he's ready for it, because she senses that her heart is just not in it.

Jedi Merkurian and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  19. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    I don't see why would she give it to Cyclops rather than Jean.

20. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    Because he leads the team in the comics.

Gamiel likes this.
  21. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    But this is the movieverse. Jean helped the team won the battle and Cyclops was meh, I don't see why shouldn't she take the mantle.

22. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007

Because Jean can't control her powers and she has shown no leadership ability. Power does not equal leader. She's the most powerful, that doesn't make a leader.

Jedi Merkurian , BigAl6ft6 and Gamiel like this.
  23. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    She's much better than someone who needs special glasses or he will blast anything on sight. In Apocalypse she showed more leadership skills than Cyclops.

24. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007

She needs to stay in constant control or she'll go insane and kill the galaxy. That seems MUCH worse. How so? What examples? Cyclops always seemed to take charge of the group and be the one leading when it was just him, Jean, Nightcrawler and Jubilee.

25. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    No, other than Phoenix force she was totally ok to use some psychic power. Cyclops, had 0 control over his power, you break his glasses then we are doomed.

I don't see much "leadership" in the movie, Jean was the jewel of the team.