main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph X-Men Movies & TV - Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by JoinTheSchwarz , Oct 6, 2010.

1. Starwarsfan9000

Starwarsfan9000 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 24, 2012
    Actually Xavier is the one who says that line. It's at the very end of the trailer.

2. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Ah, I can't see that trailer atm. That's even more hilarious.

3. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    So this is set around 2030-2035? Is that the time as Old Man Logan?

4. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    That's a great trailer but I find it weird that in the beginning they essentially tell the audience that killing is wrong but it's OK to steal. Maybe in the movie he leaves money before taking that stuff but in the trailer it looks like he's stealing IMO.

5. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    [​IMG]

PymParticles and PCCViking like this.
  6. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Compared to murder stealing is okay?

7. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    It's not okay to kill someone who doesn't deserve it. The cashier was doing nothing wrong except trying to stop a shoplifter. It's a whole other matter when Logan kills as he only kills those who would do harm to others, see Stryker's men coming into the mansion or stabbing Mystique.

8. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    so is Syd Barrett in the comic books ?

9. Starwarsfan9000

Starwarsfan9000 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 24, 2012
  10. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Haven't seen the trailer, gonna try to skip on it mostly because I was 200% sold on the first trailer, which is a freakin' work of art. Can't wait for the flick. Little weird to hear how the Sinister setup in X-M:A won't have any payoff but that'll probably pop up in a future X-flick.

As for X-Men and Legion continuity, now confirmed it's not set in the "main" X-Men movie universe. But I'm okay with the reasoning behind it.

http://collider.com/legion-x-men-timeline-professor-x/#images

“The cinematic universe will not worry about Legion. They will not worry about these TV worlds as all. They will just continue in the way that they have been continuing, and there is some great stuff that we are developing. I can just say it’s going to be new and different, and yet Legion and our other show, we’re not going to get in each other’s way..... With Legion, we’re our own universe. It gives Noah the freedom to do what he wants to do. Because we play with so many different timelines, and we rebooted and not really rebooted and all that, we felt like, OK, we’re going to throw it out there and hope the fans accept it.”

Noah Howley put out two fantastic seasons of Fargo so if he wants to do his own thing, I'm totally okay with that. But, hey, I'm personally going to take my own approach to Star Wars Legends or Star Trek expanded universe, it totally fits until it doesn't. so we'll have to see if Professor X pops up in Legion or if he doesn't.

11. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    It's probably for the best since it'd be the same thing with AOS and AC to the MCU films.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  12. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    The second trailer is pretty awesome- though as much as I love the Xavier line at the end of the red band trailer I think I might prefer the green band trailer (it has the girl's attack scenes in different places which i find more effective). The whole "No. NO." bit was great.

It also cleared up that "someone has come along" line which was the only confusing part of the original trailer too (Xavier is talking about Logan, not himself).

13. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Er, I thought the subject of the "someone has come along" line was pretty clear from the get go.

Love this trailer, but I'm still cautiously optimistic about this movie. Deadpool's success notwithstanding, Fox's track record with this particular franchise has been rather spotty, and I'm being generous here.

14. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Since Mr. Sinister won't appear in Logan, maybe we'll see him in an X-Men film that takes place before Logan. Maybe this X-Men: Supernova, perhaps?

15. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I watched Origins for the first time.

Yep.

Darth_Invidious likes this.
  16. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    The director said it's 2029 in the film.

Also the x-men days of future past, when Logan resets the timeline, is in 2023-2024ish.

17. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Both Mangold and Jackman are saying Logan is in a different universe, basically, kinda, mostly for the same reasons Legion is.

http://collider.com/logan-hugh-jackman-x-men-universe/

Mangold: "My goal was real simple: it was to pick a time where I had enough elbow room that I was clear of existing entanglements.
    “Then, it’s impossible to do something fresh, meaning essentially you’re just a director on the 14th episode of a television show picking up where the last one left off and people are going to be really startled by any discontinuity or changes…
    Jackman: “When you see the full movie you’ll understand…Not only is it different in terms of timeline and tone, it’s a slightly different universe. It’s actually a different paradigm and that will become clear. We wanted to make something really different. Definitely tonally different…Early on we had the idea for the title not having anything to do with Wolverine in it but just being about the man. And what the collateral damage of being Wolverine your entire life would be.”

Personally, if one wants to view this as a proper installment of the X-verse, yay.

Or maybe one of those Marvel "The End" issues which are never really in continuity but kinda can be viewed as The End if one chooses to.

Or, as Deadpool himself said: "McAvoy or Stewart? These timelines are so confusing!"

18. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    And probably the last.

19. Talos of Atmora

Talos of Atmora Force Ghost star 5

Jul 3, 2016
    Don't worry about it. Sometimes, morbid curiosity can get the better of us. :p

20. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    Nah. Mangold said it takes place in 2029.

5 years after Days of Future Past.

21. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    X-Men TV series officially greenlit.

"Whereas next month’s “Legion” on FX is separate from the previous films, this new “X-Men” series is expected to tie back into the old films and has “Burn Notice” creator Matt Nix serving as showrunner.

The story will focus on two ordinary parents who discover their children possess mutant powers. Forced to go on the run from a hostile government, the family joins up with an underground network of mutants and must fight to survive.

Bryan Singer, Jim Chory, Simon Kinberg, Jeph Loeb and Lauren Shuler Donner will executive produce."

22. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Yeah, Fox doesn't let things like continuity get in the way of a screenplay. I really don't have a problem with Fox's Marvel continuity issues since it was planned out in the same way as the MCU from the get-go.

However, it's kind of disappointing in the sense that this X-23 in not set in the same universe as the Singer flicks. I was thinking this was some type of the proverbial "handing of the torch" from one Wolverine to another.

23. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    "this is a stupid idea and the movie is going to be terrible but we have to justify our overhead and so long as it adds to the overall flow of content and ancillary revenue stream without losing tens of millions of dollars, we might as well put it into production."

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  24. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000

I think that's it's interesting the Jeph Loeb is part of the production team, considering he's part of Marvel Entertainment.

I would assume the "ordinary parents and their mutant children" will be original characters for the show. I would hope the underground network would be familiar X-Men like Bishop, Kitty Pryde or Rouge. Mutants who power set doesn't never a lot of special effects cost.

25. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Way back in the long, long ago (like a year) I think Hellfire Club was a TV series in development so I'm assuming Hellfire Club or Morlocks or something. Set "over there" to whatever is happening in the X-verse movies proper. Of course, if we wanted to get timey-whiney about it, the only modern day X-verse post DOFP content out there is just Deadpool so there's a lot of room to swing in there.

Anyway, we're two weeks out for Legion, horray!! And then only about 3 weeks after that for Logan, also horray!