main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph X-Men Movies & TV - Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by JoinTheSchwarz , Oct 6, 2010.

1. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    Our own Darth Sinister will be portraying Mister Sinister. ;)

PCCViking likes this.
  2. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014

I figured he may have some role, but I think it will be more like Sidious's role in TPM: behind the scenes, directing the action. Despite Wolverine's abilities, it will be too much for him to take on Sinister alone.

3. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Well, I'm guessing if it's Old Man Logan is the format, Mister Sinister = Red Skull (who was running the post apocalyptic wasteland).

4. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
  5. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    Regarding all the contradictions between the different movies, there are a couple I can't really reconcile: Angel's (Warren Worthington) age re: X-Men III and X-Men: Apocalypse. I know one scene in X-Men III shows him getting his wings, but when is that supposed to take place?

The other is Cyclops and when he gets his powers: In X-Men Origins: Wolverine, he already has his powers fully developed, and I think the movie takes place in 1979. Yet, in X-Men: Apocalypse, his powers are just developing and that takes place in 1983.

The other contradictions can be reconciled, although some of them might be a stretch. I also had a theory as to why Mystique is willing to all but attempt to kill Xavier with her sabotage of Cerebro in the first X-Men movie, and why there's no fond mention of her by Xavier at any other point in the first trilogy.

6. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Nope it doesn't sound like the X-Men, but there's an underground mutant organization afoot.

It should be noted this is a Fox and Marvel Television collaboration. It sounds like good news in that Fox and Marvel are working together and perhaps a precursor to a shared universe, much like Marvel and Sony have in place with the Spider-Man.

I've been hoping that Marvel Phase IV will introduce the Fantastic Four and the X-Men into the MCU.

They can't be reconciled and the franchise only attempt to fix the continuity issues is by means of Days of Future Past.

People have to remember that Fox didn't set out to make a strong and very connective X-Men universe from the get go. They just threw out some movies to keep the film rights and make some money.

7. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    In that case, they probably should have emphasized that X-Men: First Class and its sequels would be a true reboot. Nothing wrong with going that route, since the Spider-Man movies did that. But they also gave the impression that the First Class-centric films would be prequels, with younger Xavier and Eric growing up to be Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen's Xavier and Magneto. I mean, the opening scene of X-Men First Class was almost exactly the same as the opening scene of the first X-Men film.

8. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I think that's what they were attempting to do with X-Men First Class and that was to reboot the franchise. However, Matthew Vaughn dropped out of the follow up film to First Class and Bryan Singer was brought back on board. That's when they decided to go with the Days of Future Past. I remember when Vaughn was still attached to the follow up film for First Class, there was no talk or rumors of Days of Future Past only that Magneto would be creating the Brotherhood and he was involved in the Kennedy assassination.

9. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Mutants and human family on the run could be a nifty prospect and sort of tapdance around the main X-Universe. Sounds better than the Hellfire show to be honest. But if we're talking X-TeeVee the best thing in the pipeline is Legion for FX by the crew who work on Fargo. That should be amazing. Fargo is always kinda trippy but since they're dealing with a psychic mutant they can really cut loose.

10. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    Wait that's all that's been announced so far?
    Am I missing something?
    I know more shows are possible but nothing officially known.

A Live action X Men show though needs to happen. Team dynamic please!

11. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
  12. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    The opening of the third film with Charles and Erik meeting Jean was listed as twenty years ago, then when we see the Worthington's, it is ten years later. Since "Apocalypse" cites Jean as being at the mansion in 1983, we can utilize that date as a frame of reference in "The Last Stand". That leaves Warren and Jubilation, but as I mentioned, a temporal shift can allow for the changes in age between the two of timelines.

Ah, but recall that when we see Styrker's team heading to Africa, there's an indication that they've been on several missions. So it is possible that several years passed between when Stryker recruited Logan and Victor to when Logan quits. Which could easily put it late as 1977 and thus take us to 1983. The change in school and Scott's powers can be chalked up to being in a different school due to what happened when his powers first manifest and Alex fails to convince him to go with him to see Charles. So Alex convinces Hank to help and he created the glasses.

The fact that it didn't kill Charles and that Erik tries to stop Jean from killing him later on, indicates that he still considered him a friend. Raven's personality shifts can be attributed to the years of torture spent in Trask Industries' labs. Charles never speaks about her in the first three films and as we see in DOFP, it is the first time he decides to open up about her.

They set out to make some films, yes. Then with "X-Men Origins", they were intending to fill in the gaps. That film does line up with the first three films and "First Class" does into those films. It is only with DOFP that we have more noticeable alterations and only those who are stickler's for what's on screen, can't reconcile these things.

A fairly close recreation, including using Kamen's score from the original film. I think that at the time, Fox wasn't sure how to classify it and the producers went with reboot. But all the connections were too apparent that it wasn't a complete do over. DOFP just cinched that.

PCCViking likes this.
  13. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    All good points, but the reason I think Wolverine takes place in 1979 is because of Three Mile Island. At least, that's where I assume Stryker's second base is for the movie, and that's around the time of the Three Mile incident.

14. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    FC using Hugh as Wolverine in a cameo also indicated it wasn't a reboot, not to mention carryover designs and effects (Mystique, etc).

15. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    I do wish they would eventually just reboot and start 100% over. As is there is just too much lost potential, too many characters they cant' use as they killed them needlessly, too may characters spread out across the years to every interact together the way they should.

My worst fear is they never reboot but just keep doing soft reboots like they've done.

16. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I just think there's no real need to dig too deep with the continuity in the X-Men cinematic universe. I really don't care how Deadpool fits in. And it wouldn't bother me if for no reason or explanation Olivia Munn's Psylocke shows up in Deadpool 2. I mean, I'll just have a Snicker and go with the story and continuity fixed.

[​IMG]

17. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    Well Deadpool will have Cable who can time travel and grab whoever they want for a movie or for presumably X-Force

But generally the the list of things we'll never get to see in movies now is just getting to be too long for it to be worth continuing in this continuity. I want these characters done right and looking right... but to be peers. I don't want Pyslocke and Colossus to be so much older than the main team that they'll never be peers. I want to see Emma Frost join the X-men... I want to see Psylocke actually BE an X-men for once. I want to see Cable fighting Apocalypse in the far future. I want to see a Jean Grey who is chosen by the Phoenix and isn't just born with it.

I mean the worst thing they could do would be to just add an Emily Frost or a Sylocke to the team and go 'see, we gave you what you wanted' just because the continuity and story choices are so screwed up or just make a third version of each character and just act like the other's never happened. When you are doing or considering those kinds of solutions to you franchise, just reboot...

18. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    howd he eat the snicker

19. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    True, but I don't know if what happens at the end is supposed to be the Three Mile Island accident. According to Wikipedia, while Unit 2 was the one that was damaged, Unit 1 was shut down until 1985 and thus could be used again. So it is possible that while it was intended to be 79, I think more likely that it would have to be afterwards. Especially since there are no technicians other than Stryker's team and the captured Mutants inside. Using the time period when it as shut down to create the base would work within the film universe.

PCCViking likes this.
  20. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999

Dude eventually managed to slice or pop his mouth open. I mean, guy's got to eat somehow right?

21. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    I just saw XMA. Pretty entertaining.

22. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I don't think you're heard either of the following orchestrated versions of the animated theme song. I think either is nicely adapted for a live action movie, with the caveat you close your eyes listening to them. I feel the second one is more theatrical of the two.

23. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    They're both good.

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  24. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Speaking of fan edited intros.

PCCViking likes this.
  25. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    The emergence of a mutation is a physiologic process that is part of normal maturation and aging. The timeline was altered. This might consequently have changed the trajectory of their powers' development. Whatever happened differently could have engendered changes in diet, patterns of stress, sleep, and many other important factors.

Ground up into a slurry and tube fed via his nostrils.

BigAl6ft6 and PCCViking like this.