main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph X-Men Movies & TV - Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by JoinTheSchwarz , Oct 6, 2010.

1. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Quick question: Unless I missed it, Archangel was never referred to by name in Apocalypse right? Never called Angel or Warren? Is that their hand waiving way of getting around the whole two Angels thing?

2. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007

He called him Angel after giving him his upgrade

3. Dark Lord Of The Empire

Dark Lord Of The Empire Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2013

Yup. ''Riiiiise, my Angel!''
    Also I think they called him that during the fighting match at the beginning? Or they simply referred to him as an angel, not that it was his name?
    Either way, he was a **** the whole movie.

4. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    they bumped off Horseman Apocalypse Angel for the triumphant return of Ben Foster Angel. Ben Foster's agent has the screws in real deep at Fox!

Violent Violet Menace likes this.
  5. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    Amph X-Men Movies (Now: Apocalypse)

Is our thread title an intentional pun on the classic 1979 war movie?

If so, well done. ;)

6. Dark Lord Of The Empire

Dark Lord Of The Empire Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2013
    And then there was female Angel from First Class! How does one keep up with all these Angels?

7. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    No, but GenAntilles is certainly campaigning for Now: Apocalypse Redux. ;)

GenAntilles likes this.
  8. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    *opening scene fade in on Apocalypse*

"Everything they built, will fall...again...now."

*Disintegrates all life with his mind*

*roll credits*

Any post credit scene ideas for this one? [face_thinking]

:p

9. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    There's a trailer for the new Legion TV series on FX, made by the guys behind the Fargo TV series:

I've still only watched maybe one episode of Fargo so I don't know how wild that is, but this looks playfully nuts. Another show I'm looking forward to.
    Stars Dan Stevens and Audrey Plaza.

10. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    The refrain from the X-Men Animated series opening theme, and the refrain from Whitney Houston's I'm Your Baby Tonight.

WHAT HAS BEEN HEARD CAN NOT BE UNHEARD!!!

:p

11. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Oh gods. Thanks, now that's gonna be ringing in my head for a while now.

12. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    The trailer for Legion looks awesome and better than some of the X-Men films.

I'm happy that Marvel and Fox were able to collaborate on this TV series, which I hope opens the door for other collaborations, specifically the cinematic universe. I'm also glad this is a FX TV series rather than the Fox Network as it will have more freedom from the executive suits and therefore less pressure to get ratings.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  13. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    So how is the box office? Is it good enough to continue the franchise?

14. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    It's going to continue regardless of the box office, lol. Deadpool alone pretty much ch ensures that.

Even so, it's done 535+ worldwide so it's hit the sweet spot milestone of a 3x budget multiplier, so the franchise future is pretty secure.

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  15. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    Good, how do you want FOX to present Mr. Sinister on screen? He's the most interesting X-Men villain in my opinion.

16. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    "Hellfire" TV series update (Dark Horizons)

Basically, the original idea for the show from Manny Coto and Evan Katz was considered too big and expensive, so now Burn Notice creator Matt Nix is in the driving seat of a much cheaper idea:
    Sounds very meh to me, but then even the original idea, presumably about the Hellfire Club's mutant machinations, didn't really excite me either.

17. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    ^ A follow up to that article is this one, Jeph Loeb Offers An Update On Marvel/Fox's Upcoming X-MEN TV Series; Reveals Why HELLFIRE Was Scrapped

I am excited about this collaboration between the two companies and the potential doors it opens down the line, such as Marvel working out a deal to either get the Fantastic Four and/or a Sony-like deal to produce and have creative control of the characters and incorporating them into the MCU. And of course, having the X-Men in the MCU would be a dream come true. I would love for Tony Stark to meet Deadpool and/or have Deadpool's foul mouth all up on Captain America.

18. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    There will be some iconic characters but mostly this is about a new family, It’s about an average family who encounters this extraordinary world and children who have mutant powers and they end up on the run, so it’s a little bit underground railroad in terms of a storytelling spine.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  19. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Other news today is that, while he's not ruling out a return definitively, Stewart believes Wolverine 3 will be his last time in the role.

Damn, has it been 17 years already?

Jedi Ben and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  20. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Sixteen since the film came out, seventeen since filming began. But Stewart could return if "New Mutants" is set in the present day, which I would think would be logical. Have Charles training the group and then pass it on to Cable.

Lady_Skywalker87 and Gamiel like this.
  21. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Ol' Jean-Luc is really starting to look a bit long in the tooth now (then again, the case could be made that the guy has looked that way for the past 30 years). If he wants to call it quits, he's more than earned it, IMO.

22. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Part of it might be age, but I'm thinking that he's not sure if there are plans to use his version of Xavier in future films. Or at least, he'd come back if the script was right.

23. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    that's what I'm assuming since james mcavoy is doing Xavier

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  24. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Well, he did think that before DOFP came along. So I think that's why he is leaving the door open.

25. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    That Legion trailer was soooooo awesome. I've done seen every episode of Fargo and Noah Hawley does weird and abstract really, really well. You kind of give it a pass because Fargo is very intentionally emulating the feel of Coen Brothers but the great thing about doing a TV show about a psychic mutant is that they can push it even further to extremes and it's totally cool because it's magical brain-warping superpowers. So yeah, I'm super stoked for the show not only as a X-Men nerd but a Hawley fan as well.