main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph X-Men Movies & TV - Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by JoinTheSchwarz , Oct 6, 2010.

1. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    I have to agree. The Legion trailer was fantastic, to the point where I no longer care whether he's Xavier's son or not. As long as they get enough pointers from Si Spurrier's fantastic X-Men Legacy run, we're all set.

soitscometothis and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  2. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Xavier was portrayed as a bit of a cad in First Class, I think they can make him his kid still. I would say "but the timelines don't match up!" but age continuity in the X-Men series is ... fluid. Even if they want too give him that backstory and tie it into the X-Flicks (Which the trailer does have them talking about mutants as if they're known so maybe?). But really I just want to get Noah Hawley to take his Fargo cast (which he is!) and do really messed up crazy trippy psychic vision reality bending stuff. Which he is. Fargo Season 3 got delayed for this so it seems they basically just took that whole crew and turned them loose on this. Which I am totally okay with.

3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  4. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    soitscometothis likes this.
  5. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    "Fault" scribes to pen "New Mutants" film

The Fault in Our Stars writing team are apparently going to be writing The New Mutants, but from what I can see no-one is exactly sure which characters will be appearing. I for one could do without Bird-Brain. Magik was my favourite, iirc, though she was a relatively late addition.

6. Lady_Skywalker87

Lady_Skywalker87 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 4, 2008
    That trailer!!![face_hypnotized] The ground is being set for X Force...

Could very well be since an Xforce movie seems to be coming sometime after WIII.

7. soitscometothis

Jul 11, 2003
    15 second Legion trailer in which nothing really happens:

And yet I liked it. I think we'll see Dan Stevens stretch his comedic muscles in this, and I think that could be a lot of fun.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  8. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Yeah, for 15 seconds that was awesome. Totally shows Hawley's style. You're drawn into what these folks are staring at, you see someone who seems like his brain has just been fried - the lack of music and banal background sound sort of sets it in the real world when something bad psychic superpowered mojo has happened - and they nod their approval. Basically, is gonna be weird (and at times darkly humourous.) Also, expect tracking shots.

soitscometothis likes this.
  9. soitscometothis

Jul 11, 2003
    It's the fact you can hear the sound of a ping pong game and so assume it's what they're watching...

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  10. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    Just saw Apocalypse for the second time. I liked it more this time around, I suppose. I think that the First Class leads easily outshine the plot of the film. That said, these movies are best when focusing on the interactions between those leads. Solid performances imo.

11. seventhbeacon

seventhbeacon Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 3, 2015
    I kept hearing that the cartoon "Wolverine & the X-Men" was good. Guys. It's not. I've watched almost all of disc 1, having just finished the Wolverine vs Hulk episode... and it's... it has no energy. The animation and voice acting are weak, the pacing is off, the music can't carry the energy so there's just weird moments in action scenes where everything seems to screech to a dull halt. No wonder this series only got one season!

12. SuperPersch

SuperPersch Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2004
    Yea I feel you. I recently rematches Evolutions though, and I thought it held up really well. Wolverine and the X-Men not so much.

Sent from my brain using thumbs.

13. seventhbeacon

Dec 3, 2015

Evolutions at first sounded terrible because it changed up so many details from the comics, but when I did watch it, it just had more soul and quality to the production. I'm gonna push through the last 2 Discs of Wolverine and the X-Men since I wasted my money on it anyway, so here's hoping that they'll improve.

14. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    It has Wolverine and the X-Men, I can't see it being THAT unendurable.

15. seventhbeacon

Dec 3, 2015

X3 is the easiest example to point to. As is Jason Aaron's comic run of the same title, which I couldn't get into at all. That being said, it's still more bearable than X3 and Wolverine Origins by a long shot. Or should we say, Longshot?

[​IMG]

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  16. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    So Mr. Sinister has been confirmed.

But wasn't him mostly a villain against Cyclops?

17. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    No, he's an X-Men villain. Not a Cyclops villain.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  18. seventhbeacon

Dec 3, 2015

Technically you're both right. He's always had a particular obsession with the Summers bloodline.

19. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    True, but he was never just a foe for Scott. He was a foe who fought the X-Men, X-Factor and X-Force. Technically, his archenemies would be Gambit and Apocalypse.

20. seventhbeacon

Dec 3, 2015

And in recent years, Laura/X-23... which makes this inspired, if it's to be Jackman's last film, to be able to pass the torch to her.

Violent Violet Menace likes this.
  21. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    Just like I've suspected tons of pages ago.

22. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    A couple of questions...

Do the Horsemen retain their enhanced powers after the demise of Apocalypse?

When Apoc says "All is revealed" just before he is obliterated by Jean, what does it imply exactly?

23. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I believe they do, and I assumed that he was referring to the Phoenix Force representing the next evolutionary step in mutation (and thus widening the evolutionary gap over humans).

BigAl6ft6 and Ananta Chetan like this.
  24. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    At the end of DOFP we see that Stryker is really in fact Mystique when Logan is being retrieved from the lake, how then does he end up Stryker's prisoner/ test subject?

25. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004