main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph X-Men Movies & TV - Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by JoinTheSchwarz , Oct 6, 2010.

1. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    I get the feeling it might be touched upon in the new Wolverine movie. If not I guess it is just up to our imagination to how he wound up there, but I had just assumed after DOFP that Logan would still end up with Striker, it would just be under different circumstances than how it happened originally in the first few movies.

BigAl6ft6 and Ananta Chetan like this.
  2. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    There was ten years in between Logan being pulled out of the river, to when he's in the Alkali Lake facility. Raven reacted with surprise and fear when she saw Stryker at the mansion ruins. Enough time for Stryker to become curious about the Mutant with bone claws who reacted with fear upon seeing him and for him to track Logan down.

3. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007

I thought it was because Singer said in the commentary it was hinting that Apocalypse wasn't dead as he has complete control over his molecular structure and can just rebuild himself over many years?

heels1785 and Ananta Chetan like this.
  4. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    ""All is revealed" plays to me like the Nazis opening the ark of the covenant in Raiders, they're revealed of something larger, bigger than them, and then they're exploded. Jean is the Ark in this scenario. Seems to me like a bombastic thing a super-mutant would say before he goes all explodey.

I think Apocalypse is a tad overtly whispery or shouty in the flick but it's not all unbearable, sometimes it's kinda neat.

5. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    GenAntilles, I defer to you. I have not watched with commentary.

6. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
  7. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    First Poster For WOLVERINE 3 Reveals That The Movie Will Be Titled LOGAN

[​IMG]

8. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    Just like I've expected, X-23 will replace the old Logan.

9. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I just assumed Apocalypse said "all is revealed" because he saw something resembling the afterlife as he was dying? I didn't read too much into it.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  10. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I hope they choses an actress with a body more like the X-Men Evolution's X-23 then the comics

Violent Violet Menace likes this.
  11. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Well, judging by the hand on the poster, it would be a child or perhaps Deadpool.

Violent Violet Menace and Gamiel like this.
  12. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Maybe it has something to do with Mr. Sinister. Just not sure were they connected in the movie universe.

13. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Nobody asked you.

14. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    Now, now. That's not nice. :)

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  15. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Just look a few pages back, I was totally right about Sinister and X-23 but they just toss it away.

16. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
  17. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Only if there were true. I know Reynolds wanted to do another film with Jackman before he hung up the claws. A Deadpool cameo in Logan would be awesome!

18. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
  19. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    So anyone think they're going post-apocalyptic future ala the "Old Man Logan" comic source or put it in "modern" times (as modern as the timelines can get in the X-verse). cuz if Logan is basically raising X-23, they gotta have her the right age so she can be Wolverine when Jackman hangs up the claws.

Maybe also Fox didn't want to put out a movie with "Old Man" in the title so they just went with "Logan".

Technically, it should be called James Howlett anyway, right? Wait did DOFP Logan have his memory wiped? Oh, yeah, he did cuz it was confirmed in Apocalypse and Jean gave him some memories back.

Dammit, I'm falling down an X-movie-verse timeline rabbit hole here, help!

Ananta Chetan likes this.
  20. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    James Howlett was another man/boy, Logan is the man who he is now.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  21. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    Well going by what I've seen X-23 is 8 years old or so in this movie. Mr. Sinister is the villain, set post DoFP epilogue by quite a few years. But not post apoclyptic. So just near future. Which combined with X-23's age, I'm having a hard time seeing how she's not going to be a one and done character. With the franchise backk in the 80s now they'll likely just recast Wolverine.

22. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Deadpool is in the present, Fox would probably want Deadpool and the X-folks to interact (maybe with some creative usage of Deadpool in a PG-13 film) and the "main" series seems to be jumping each decade with each installment. the next movie is "New Mutants" so maybe it'll all meet up in the "Present". While I don't dispute that they could totally just have X-23 be done in one only for this flick, it'd be weird if Wolverine basically "trains" her to be the new Wolverine and then, nope, can't use X-23/new Wolverine because timeline shifting.

I'm probably putting too much thought into this, I'd figure at some point Fox will put all of the X-characters and actors in the same modern time period and just shrug "yeah, whatever, we did a time travel movie so that explains it."

23. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Why would they want "Old Man Logan"? They don't have Red Skull nor the Hulk.

24. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Well, I always said that they could literally just Find/Replace the Marvel baddies in Old Man Logan with some X-brand knock (Hulk becomes Sabertooth, Red Skull becomes Mister Sinister) off but I think it's going to have a similar road-trip, wolverine is forced out of isolation/retirement for one final throwdown with a big baddie. Of course, The Wolverine also opened with him coming out of isolation but, hey, Wolverine kinda does that. A lot.

25. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    No, I don't think the story would be friendly to the general audience overall. It got wayyy too many extreme R materials.