Amph X-Men Movies & TV (Now: Apocalypse; Next: Legion, Wolverine 3)

Discussion in 'Community' started by JoinTheSchwarz, Oct 6, 2010.

1. SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London

star 8
    Not sure about Xavier with hair, or about him being played by McAvoy, but it could work.
  2. Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master

star 6
  3. Vincent-Kenobi Jedi Knight

star 3
  4. Valyn Jedi Master

star 8
    I'm not the biggest X-Men fan (disliked the movies) but weren't Scott, Jean, and Storm part of the first X-men group?
  5. Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Scott and Jean yes. Storm no. The original X-Men (in the comics that is) were Cyclops, Jean Grey, Beast, Angel, and Iceman. Storm didn't show up until 12 years later.
  6. Valyn Jedi Master

star 8
    So why aren't Scott and Jean in this?
  7. Dingo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Because this isn't the comics. It was never established in the movies who anyone on the first team was, or even specifically his first class of students. Quite specifically of the original 5 in the comics, we know for a fact that Iceman and Angel were not part of the original team.
  8. Jabba-wocky Force Ghost

star 8
    I could've said this at any point, but I'd just like to go on record as saying I always would have preferred X-Men Origins: Magneto to this film. Though, given how terrible Wolverine was, I probably wouldn't.
  9. Spider-Fan Jedi Master

star 4
    My understanding of the Magneto project it was primarily about the relationship between Eric and Charles as they try to help the next generation of Mutants. That's essentially what this is.
  10. SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London

star 8
    A young Scott was in the Wolverine movie so my guess is they didn't want to overlap into that too much.

I would also have preferred a Magneto Origins movie more than what looks like a remake of X-Men with a different team of mutants.
    This should though be more of a prequel to the X-Men trilogy than Wolverine was since that was essentially just the origin of one character.
  11. Sith_Sensei__Prime Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    ?X-Men:First Class?: Three exclusive photos and a report from the stressed-out set

[image=http://latimesherocomplex.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/x-men-first-class-cast.jpg]

[image=http://latimesherocomplex.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/kevin-bacon-and-january-jones-xmen-first-class1.jpg]

[image=http://latimesherocomplex.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/james-mcavoy-and-michael-fassbinder-x-men-first-class.jpg]
  12. Im_just_guessing Jedi Knight

star 7
    Why would you embed such high resolution photos??
  13. Sith_Sensei__Prime Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    My bad, for killing your bandwidth.

I didn't notice that.
  14. DarthLowBudget Jedi Master

star 5
    Loving the 60s look. I remain cautiously optimistic.
  15. Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus

star 7
    I'm just not sure how I feel about this.
  16. Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Xavier with hair is what's throwing me the most. I can deal with recasting and obviously Patrick Stewart is a hard act to follow. But Professor X's cueball look just seems to iconic of the character for me. He just isn't Xavier without it.
  17. Dingo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Honestly, it's more realistic to have him with hair. A fully bald 20-something, not a common occurance. Receeding hairline yes, but that would look worse in my opinion than having someone that has a full head of hair and can be inferred to just go bald over time.
  18. Darth Guy Chosen One

star 10
    Patrick Stewart lost most of his hair when he was 19.
  19. JoinTheSchwarz Comms Admin & Community Manager

Administrator
    star 8
  20. Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I'm pretty sure that the only time Prof X has ever been portrayed with hair was in his childhood. Even in his 20s be was bald. Maybe it was a stylistic choice back then? :p
  21. soitscometothis Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    We don't know for sure that Prof X is bald in the film - what appears to be his hair could be Morph in disguise!
  22. JoinTheSchwarz Comms Admin & Community Manager

Administrator
    star 8
    [image=http://s3.amazonaws.com/coolproduction/ckeditor_assets/pictures/388/original/First_Class.jpg]

January Jones interview

Kevin Bacon interview

On Sebastian Shaw: He's a very powerful billionaire and also, as it turns out, a mutant. He's the leader of the Hellfire Club, which is a nightclub for the rich and extremely powerful. And he has a plot to take over the world, so that's really fun. He's incredibly good at manipulating people and at taking whatever kind of energy or ability they have and using it to his advantage, like if he's talking to a German, he's fluent in German. He's very charming and able to get whatever he wants.
  23. tom Force Ghost

star 6
    january jones is great, but it's so hard for me to think of her as anyone other than betty draper.
  24. Sith_Sensei__Prime Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Matthew Vaughn Talks Leaked ?X-Men: First Class? Photo, Reveals Magneto and Professor X Images

Remember that X-Men: First Class cast photo that leaked online yesterday that you hated? Director Matthew Vaughn hated it too. While I was heading out the door to the airport (Sundance Film Festival here I come) I received a phone call from Vaughn who wanted to set the record straight about the photo. And to make up for it he gave us two much more inspiring images of the main characters in his upcoming superhero film.

Quote:

Vaughn assures fans that he has the best intentions.

Quote:

As for the costumes?

Quote:

[image=http://bitcast-a-sm.bitgravity.com/slashfilm/wp/wp-content/images/ZZ329CBE2E-550x366.jpg] [image=http://bitcast-a-sm.bitgravity.com/slashfilm/wp/wp-content/images/ZZ3231E640-550x366.jpg]

Read more here

25. Darth_Invidious Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Good God...I could never stand the revamped Magneto helmet from the first films but the original one so DOES NOT look good in RL. Especially without Magneto's trademark costume. [face_sick]