main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph X-Men Movies & TV - Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by JoinTheSchwarz , Oct 6, 2010.

1. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Wolverine doesn't dominate X-Men comics nearly as much as he does in the movies. He's in a lot of books yes, but mostly as a supporting character.

2. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    He's actually barely a secondary character, and not even part of the X-Men.

3. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I remember the thing between him and Cyclops, the stump claws, Gateway, and then showing up at the end to kill Alex. That's it.

Wolverine and the X-Men had a cliffhanger leading into AoA, but got canceled. That had me really excited when I finally got around to watching it.

4. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    How exactly did Wolverine manage to lose his whole hand given he has unbreakable bones? Surely his skin would heal back over his skeleton if it got burned off.

5. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    Basically the artist thought it would be a nice touch, and the writer had to write around it (his claws are there, retracted under the stump, and he uses them to good effect at the end of his mini). According to the artist, the reason it hadn't grown back was that the hand was covered with a metal stump before it had any chance to regenerate, but you had to understand Wolvie's healing factor wasn't that "over the top" back then.

6. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, he lost the hand to Cyclops (and Cyclops, his eye to Wolverine), didn't he? Perhaps there's some form of cauterizing going on there?

7. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    Apocalypse is cool, but I think he's too similar to Thanos and Darkseid. Sinister, on the other hand, is unique.

8. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I don't like Wolvie's bone claws. They look much too painful.

9. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
  10. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    He won't hang it up before Apocalypse. They'll pay him well enough for that.

11. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
  12. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

They're painful whether they're metal or bone. But given that his healing factor, all the happens is that it's generally a dull throbbing pain. When it didn't work right, then it hurt like hell.

13. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    They just don't look as effective now.

14. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    It's my hope Hugh will do Apocalypse then let them recast before returning in 20 years to adapt Old Man Logan.

15. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999

My wife told me recently that Jackman had developed a skin cancer problem (?), which might be a reason on why he might want to put things on hold for a bit. And then there's the problem with real life. Jackman is 45 and his aging is getting more noticeable. Make up and editing can do wonders but eventually he's going to start looking a bit too old for a character that ages very slowly if at all. Sooner or later, Fox may have to start considering looking for a new Wolverine, which will be interesting in and on itself.

That Jackman appeared out of nowhere and embodied the character so well was a minor miracle. If lightning does strike twice in regards to a new Logan, I figure it may happen again with yet another unknown actor, because I can't think of anyone right now that could inherit the role.

16. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    How old is Dougray Scott?

Champion of the Force and dp4m like this.
  17. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

In what way?

It was on his nose. Typically it is the kind of thing that's commonly removed and doesn't lead to too many problems. As to aging in general, I don't think it is so much his looks, but the kind of effort it takes to get into shape. If you note, Arnold Schwarzenegger and Sylvester Stallone had done it for so many years that they were used to it while in their 40's and 50's. Hugh Jackman goes back and forth between his normal weight class and bulking up for Wolverine that it takes a lot of work and might be a bit hard on him. Add into it all the work with stunts and that he's played the character quite a bit, it can be pretty taxing after a time. Depending on what "Apocalypse" is about and when and whether it requires Wolverine or not, that will determine if he does that film. A solo film would only happen if it was another story that he liked and is willing to use that as a swan song for his tenure.

18. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    Has anybody else heard this rumor about how Apocalypse will come about in Days of Future Past?:
    According to Bleeding Cool, there will be a post-credits scene where Michael Fassbender's Magneto sees a crashing alien spaceship out in the desert, and some alien form from within the ship merges with him, becoming a more powerful being, and apparently becoming the X-Men movieverse version of Apocalypse.

19. Volderon

Volderon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 23, 2007
    Oh dear.

20. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    That's hilarious.

21. KissMeImARebel

KissMeImARebel Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    That would seem to defeat one of the major plot points in AoA:
    Magneto leading the X-Men instead of Xavier.
    I'm not sure I believe even Fox is THAT dumb. Although with Millar as a "creative consultant' you never know...

22. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Did you see X3, or Origins?

They are THAT dumb.

23. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    According to BC, that's from an old version of the script. Who knows if it has survived.

But yeah: beyond lame.

24. KissMeImARebel

KissMeImARebel Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    They seemed smarter lately (FC and The Wolverine). Maybe that was a fluke of inspiration.

25. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    There's some elements I like about it, but obviously...

...merging is complete ****. That sounds like Venom and also sounds like some cheap way of not showing Apocalypse throughout the movie. Kinda like Galactus.

Which desert is it? Maybe if he's hiding in Egypt, this could work. Then maybe instead of Apocalypse "crash" landing he could simply land.

But ultimately, instead of merging with Magneto, he transforms Magneto into the Horsemen of death? This way you get to keep a non aging Fassbender as the Magneto representative and can let go of McKellan.