main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph X-Men Movies & TV - Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by JoinTheSchwarz , Oct 6, 2010.

1. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    they never had that problem with Caesar Romero .

2. DAR

DAR Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2004
    Deadpool was on FX last night and from what I saw was surprisingly unedited.

3. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I caught the last minute or so of Deadpool on FX and saw the animated parts of the credits which featured an cartoon version of Deadpool with a growing erection, as well as Deadpool giving a "massage" to a unicorn until coitus.

4. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    I also caught the end. It cut out the f word when he said time to make the chimi-*******-changas, but the s word for poop wasn't cut, which isn't surprising since Negan says it and the d word about 20 times each per episode of the Walking Dead. Sure it's AMC vs FX, but what's the difference?

None of the violence seemed cut, at least during the final fight scene.

The TV was left on while I was doing other things, and Legion started to play for about 5 minutes. I was completely and utterly at a loss on what was going on.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2018
    heels1785 likes this.
  5. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    Yeah it turned around to dove right back into the pool without even a few minutes of drip drying.

There were moments in that episode that felt like they were knocking on David Lynch's door. Well, the door of wherever he was at 20 years or so ago anyway. I'm still not sure WTH he was doing with the recent Twin Peaks.

6. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    That was weird even by Legion standards and that's saying a lot! Which is totally cool. The person at Division 3 who is three ladies talking at once is like something out of Grant Morrison's X-Men run where it's just mind bendingly insane. Rachel Keller is still one of my favourite people on the show next to Dan Stevens, her intro as cat was fantastic.

I do think it's a tad odd they went from fearing Division 3 to working for them off screen but we got more wacky mutants outta it so that's fine

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  7. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I don't disagree that the NM situation is far more extreme- but the SS situation being a more recent, high profile example of trailers altering a film's final version is a difficult to ignore precedent especially given that both are comic book films.

As for the timeline of events, my understanding is that there was the original Ayer cut of the film, but WB felt that cut wasn't delivering what the trailer was promising, so they brought in the company that made the trailers to help create the second cut of the film- and the reshoots were then used to primarily support that second cut and allow them to test both versions.

8. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    I think we're talking past one another a bit. The question mark here doesn't arise from the particulars behind the desired cuts that the studios decided to go for in each case. With SS, Warner Brothers had the adverse reaction to BvS pushing them away from another movie knocked out of a similar mold. With NM Fox is peddling the idea that they have a highly regarded cut they're going to abandon in favor of something different that was presented in the trailer because it was so well received. That distinction is where the smell is coming from, for me at least. That's without taking into consideration that the response to the trailer, while good, wasn't thru the roof. The view counts for it aren't all that remarkable.

9. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Just watched the Legion premiere- and, yeah, just so fantasticly weird. Exactly what I’m expecting out of this series now. To have no idea what’s going on 2/3rds of the time while simultaneously feeling like you do just enough to follow it is pretty much the show’s signature.

10. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Well, episode two of Season 2 is a little more straight forward in the story telling in the regards you get a sense of the plot. However, as usual for this show, the unusual visual clues and other elements raise more questions and creates different dynamics.

I mean, the teeth chattering is so freakishly bizarre and creepy. Just hearing the sounds of it sends chills down my spine. And of course is the endearing qualities of the show.

11. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    In case you young kids didn't catch this reference in the last episode of Legion here's the full tilt. It's not a spoiler, just a piece of nostalgia that old geezers like me caught.

It's been like forever since I've heard this opening tune that I totally forgot above this TV show and spending days as a kid watching it.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
    soitscometothis likes this.
  12. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    If any one is wondering when the Fox/Disney deal is supposed to close, well the President of Fox, Peter Rice, said Spring-Summer of 2019 (should it be approved by the government).

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  13. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    Wow, talk about a blast from the past. I totally didn't catch that as the song they were humming to get Cary back out. I do remember it being on TV but I was pretty young. It used to run real early on Saturday mornings before the national network shows came on (we're talkin' pre-cable here kids). I'm guessing it was in syndication at that point.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
  14. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    hah, in the wrestling scene in Legion, David's outfit was with a "D". I'm assuming that's for David.

So unless they say what exactly the Future Catastrophe is (which is quite possible / probable they would) I would just think it's the Sentinels. (Fantastic line laying out the stakes "He killed a few. This killed everyone.") Personally, I just slot this show into the original pre-Logan going back to stop Mystique timeline mix even though it's much, much more sensible to have it be it's own timeline but I like to no prize continuity, dangit.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
  15. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    Well Cary did make a Shi'ar reference when he was studying the orb. It's probably just a movie tie-in for DP but maybe it was a foreshadowing of this future threat.

16. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    The last episode of Legion took an unexpected turn, but I suppose I should expect the unexpected. Moreover, it makes the viewer doubt what the were told in the previous episode.

So, yesterday, Bleeding Cool reported this: Kevin Feige ‘Hoovering Up’ Deadpool, Fantastic Four and X-Men for Marvel’s Phase 4? Dark Phoenix, the Last Fox X-Men Movie?
    If the any validity to this story, it tells me that perhaps even though the Fox/Disney fall through, Marvel may still be able to re-obtain the rights to the X-Men and Fantastic Four, especially if Fox is still looking to sell off its film and TV divisions. The reason why I feel this way, it's very likely that when Marvel licensed the rights to the X-Men and Fantastic Four to Fox, the contract included a provision that stated these licensed comic book characters could not be transferred to another corporation without approval by Marvel, which Marvel would never approve. So, the X-Men and Fantastic Four is not something that Fox could sell off the rights to another corporation, and so it holds no real value in deal with another company. Therefore, since Fox can't sell the X-Men and Fantastic Four to another company, their best option is accept a buyout offer from Disney. So, I'm thinking there's a "Plan B" by Disney to get back the rights to the X-Men and Fantastic Four should the overall deal between Fox and Disney fall through.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
  17. WebLurker

WebLurker Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2016
    I really hope that's not happening. The thing I want most to happen with the X-Men movie series is for that announced X-23 movie to get made and I don't think it'll happen if the franchise gets an MCU reboot.

18. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    It'll be a bummer if Dark Phoenix ends on a cliffhanger. Maybe that's what the rumored reshoots are to fix.

19. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    My thoughts exactly. They were likely setting up another villain and now they are shooting a proper ending-possibly even removing hints of whatever storyline was to come next.

20. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    The Future Catastrophe could be David himself.

Which would mean they'd be doing kind of a Dawn of Justice type plot.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  21. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    That was uber trippy on Legion with so much greatness, probably my favourite shot is when David touched the guy's forehead and the garden started exploding in the background.

22. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Would have been better if it hadn't been spoiled in the prior clips of upcoming episodes.

23. Yoda's_Roomate

Yoda's_Roomate Chosen One star 5

Feb 8, 2000
  24. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
  25. WebLurker

WebLurker Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2016