main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph X-Men Movies & TV - Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by JoinTheSchwarz , Oct 6, 2010.

1. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Bone claws. And that was an entire stadium Mags was lifting.

2. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    There's only a ten year age difference between Fassbender and Evan Peters. Quicksilver seems like the wrong age but I guess Magneto could have gotten busy in his teenage years...

Where he was talking to a "Sebastian Shaw", who's, like, dead at that point.

3. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
  4. Six

Six Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 9, 2014
    Another nail in Fox's coffin.

5. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
  6. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Or as Brad Pitt pronounces it, cashmere.

darthcaedus1138 likes this.
  7. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
  8. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I'm hoping this won't affect the performance of DOFP either way.

9. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
  10. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Depends on a number of factors such as how big this blows up in the media between now and opening night. If there's a large number of Hollywood types that it could become a huge scandal. Being so close to release, it is hard to say for certain. But it hurts his chances of directing the next film.

11. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    I would say only criminal charges would keep him from directing the next film (and that's not a guarantee, as Hollywood still worked with and defended a guy who admits to drugging and raping a girl), which aren't going to happen because AFAIK the statute of limitations has expired on most or all.
    It's going to make hundreds of millions of dollars and the studio is going to roll out a lot more prequels and sequels no matter what. So why do you give a **** about DoFP's performance?

Adam of Nuchtern likes this.
  12. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
  13. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    It's really stupid to care about the film's BO performance regardless. It's really, really, really stupid to prioritize it over the potential that the director participated in a sex ring that regularly victimized minors.

My heartbeat's normal, my breathing's regular, I'm sitting down. I'd say I'm perfectly "calm." Just because I point out your ridiculousness doesn't mean I'm some raging maniac.

14. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    I don't really care about that, I just want the movie to be good

15. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Yeah, you don't care about this repeat sexual offender that so far has gotten away with **** who knows how many times along with who knows what other(s) Hollywood scumbag(s) As long as the movie is good and does good business, everything else is gravy. Got it bro.

16. Volderon

Volderon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 23, 2007
    Reserving judgement until more details come. If he did it, let Justice be done, if he didn't and it's just some witch hunt against a director who's honest about his sexuality then that's sad.

Weird timing though with his new movie coming out in a month.

Moviefan2k4 and Rebel_Padawan like this.
  17. Moviefan2k4

Moviefan2k4 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2009
  18. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    Oh God, weren't you the same ****ing person who made that argument about Woody Allen?

19. Moviefan2k4

Dec 29, 2009
    I honestly don't remember, but I get very suspicious when people wait several years before even making a claim of abuse. With the new film's release date so close, it all seems too "neat" to be accurate.

20. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    Yes, it could be a liar's attempt to get as much publicity as possible. But wouldn't publicity also be advantageous to someone who was telling the truth?

Adam of Nuchtern likes this.
  21. Moviefan2k4

Dec 29, 2009
    It depends on their reason for doing it. Some people who are truly abused want justice without publicity, but that's difficult to have when your target is a prominent entertainer.

22. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    What happened to innocent until proven guilty? Are we supposed to declare guilt anytime an accusation is made about anyone?

If he's convicted in court he's guilty and his reputation can be trod all over.

23. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    One, it's a civil case, not a criminal case. He's not facing criminal consequences, the standard of proof is lower, the standard for conviction is looser (majority of jury instead unanimous), etc. Two, no one in this thread has said that Singer is definitely guilty. We don't know either way. There has been Legolas fretting about DoFP's precious box office numbers and MovieFan thinking that victims of famous, well-connected sex offenders should go public in a timely manner because it's so easy and people who wait too long are probably liars.

24. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    Still it's a principle of civilized society that we hold to 'innocent until proven guilty'. The box office numbers ideally should not be affected as people should not pass judgment one way or another until the trial has concluded. There is not enough evidence for or against the conclusion the accuser is lying and/or out for personal gain, nor is the accuser on trial.

Unless we are involved in the trial any speculation or assumptions on our part are reckless at best.

heels1785 likes this.
  25. Moviefan2k4

Dec 29, 2009
    Stop putting words in my mouth. I never said it was easy for anyone to confront their abuser, be it in court or anywhere else. If he did it, he should be locked in a dark, lonely cell for the rest of his life. If not, those who went after him should be put in jail. Either way, the timing makes it suspicious for me at this point.