main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph X-Men Movies & TV - Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by JoinTheSchwarz , Oct 6, 2010.

1. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Confirmed: ‘New Mutants’ Casts Wolfsbane and Magik

[​IMG]

I think this is great casting news and that the New Mutants film is actually pushing forward. It's interesting that most of the newer comic book movies and shows are going young with the characters and actors.

2. Darth__Lobot

Darth__Lobot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 29, 2015
    Finally saw Logan... yeah that was pretty awesome. Glad to see Jackman and Stewart go out on a high note.

Definitely a lot of great films over the years from the x-men verse - Xmen 2, X-men first class, Days of future past and now logan. (well and deadpool :))

3. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    Wrong thread....

4. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Williams and Taylor-Joy are both great, and they have been rumoured for months but nice to see it confirmed. I actually quite dug Morgan, even though nobody else did, and thought she was fantastic in that.

5. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    The Gifted full trailer for the Fox TV series:

For once they picked an actor who looks appropriate for a kid who'd be bullied, instead of picking someone ridiculously good-looking and just putting them in glasses or whatever. I like Stephen Moyer and Amy Acker so I'll give this a shot when it comes to the UK.

6. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Looks kinda cool I guess...

7. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    Reminds me a little of Heroes (the mutant registry agent discovering he has a mutant child), but this will hopefully be better.

Darth_Furio likes this.
  8. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    The trailer looks pretty good, but there seems to be a lack of diversity power set wise. Looks like everyone has some type of telekinetic power.

I heard the name Lorna. I'm assuming that Polaris. I also saw in a blink a character that appears to be Blink. Nice to hear the X-Men and Brotherhood names get dropped, but I'm pretty sure that's all we'll get.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  9. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    I suspect it's going to be a post-X-Men point in time, possibly the same time period as Logan.

10. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

Because they can get more mileage out of them and in the case of the New Mutants team, they were high school students when volume one began.

11. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    While playing The Continuity Game with the Fox X-verse is usually an exercise in futility, the showrunners did say this would have more concrete connection to the X-verse than Legion did. And a line in the trailer says "The X-Men, the Brotherhood, nobody knows if they exist anymore!" So either the X-men and the Brotherhood have gone underground (which they do sometimes) or this is set after the "Westcester Incident" in Logan when Professor X kinda sorta maybe killed everyone. But as seen in Deadpool, which is set in the modern day, the X-mansion and the X-Men are still kicking around.

12. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
  13. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Director On New Mutants tone:

We are making a full-fledged horror movie set within the X-Men universe. There are no costumes. There are no supervillains. We’re trying to do something very, very different.

14. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    ... what?

15. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Something different for the X-Men would actually be doing costumes and having real supervillains!

Horror turns me off. If it's more suspense over horror, I'll consider it. But right now, my interest in this film is very low.

Gamiel, Darth_Invidious and PCCViking like this.
  16. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Yeah, that turned into Fant4stic so quickly, I'm actively wondering whether I care about this...

Darth_Invidious likes this.
  17. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I never thought that the horror/Cronenberg approach to the Fant4stic was a bad idea. I actually liked it and it was my favorite part of the movie when the team got their powers. The concept was great. The script and execution was the downfall of the film.

Life likes this.
  18. soitscometothis

Jul 11, 2003
    If the New Mutants was being made by the team responsible for Marvel's Inhumans:
    [​IMG]
    Demon Bear

19. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Watched Logan (Noir Black and white version), thought it was kind of amazing. The job they did was fantastic where everything really pops off the screen. Definitely fits the tone.

Speaking of which, there is some talk about Laura's future in the franchise. Now while they could go buggity boo time travel and all to bring her into the mainline X-timeline, I would be a fan if every few years James Mangold came back to the "Logan-verse" and shows her growing up. Which there is indications of that happening.

http://screenrant.com/logan-james-mangold-x-23-spinoff-plot-details/

"A very honest film about young people, is what I’d say – a very honest film about young people growing up."

http://screenrant.com/x-men-dark-phoenix-hutch-parker-interview/
    "Anything is possible. I think part of the fun of this universe is, as it’s expanded and it’s gotten more off-shoots, there are ways to potentially explore X-23 further. It’s something we’ve been talking about a little bit and have, frankly, going back a bit. So that’s a possibility."

20. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Cannonball and Sunspot have been cast for New Mutants- Charlie Heaton (Stranger Things) and Henry Zaga (Teen Wolf).

There's also a pretty good new TV spot for The Gifted, much better than the previous ones:

BigAl6ft6 and Sith_Sensei__Prime like this.
  21. soitscometothis

Jul 11, 2003
    I think you're confused - those actors have been cast for The New Mutants, a totally seperate property to The Gifted.

22. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Whoops! Had both articles open when formatting my post. I've corrected the information.

soitscometothis likes this.
  23. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    The cast of Stranger Things are getting some juicy roles. Millie Bobby Brown could have made a great X-23/Laura Kinney too, if Dafne Keen didn't beat her out.

I like the casting news for New Mutants as it includes young and up and coming quality actors, and confirms the roster.

24. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
  25. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    No anger toward the casting. It's just going to be weird to have Sunspot taller than Cannonball.

Then again, the same thing happened with Cyclops and Wolverine.

Gamiel likes this.