main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph X-Men Movies & TV - Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by JoinTheSchwarz , Oct 6, 2010.

1. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    I think the perfect villain for a First Class sequel would be that Magneto guy, but that might be me.

2. hudzu

hudzu Force Ghost star 6

Jun 1, 2003
    who???

was he in the comics?

3. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    What we know about the next film:

We got a producing, directing and writing team that's trying to avoid the "bloating the sequels with every single trademarked character" syndrome, and you guys want Sinister and Sentinels? Geez.

4. Im_just_guessing

Im_just_guessing Jedi Knight star 7

Oct 23, 2002
    I shall not be satisfied until I see the Power Pack teaming up with Albert, Elsie-Dee and the X-Men to fight Magneto, Malice, and the Stranger.

5. hudzu

hudzu Force Ghost star 6

Jun 1, 2003
    i for one am hoping for another film with phoenix as the enemy.

6. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    As long as Mojoworld is in... An X-Men movie without Mojoworld makes no sense. NO SENSE.

7. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    They should do the Savage Land first before they get into Mojoworld.

8. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Cable is stupid, they should bring in the far superior Nate Grey.

9. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    Considering the X-Men movies have always been loose adaptations of the comics, I suspect their idea of Cable doesn't go beyond "mutant freedom fighter with TK powers". A freedom fighter in the 1960s? Perish the thought.

Obvious casting choice:

[image=http://webalia.com/uploads/contenidos_usrs/originales/391572_a_22139c_20100628192424.jpg]

10. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    Or if going for younger, James Marsters.

11. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    He'll still have to be a time-traveller from the future though considering he is Cyclops' son.

12. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    Pfft, screw Mojo World, and Savage land!!!! I want Arcade and his fabulous Murder World NOW!!!!:mad:

13. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    What the hell are you saying? He doesn't have to! Haven't you seen the last five X-Men movies or what? In the movie universe Sabretooth is Logan's brother, Mystique is Charles Xavier's step-sister, Havok is forty years older than his brother Cyclops, Sebastian Shaw killed Magneto's mother, Silverfox was Emma Frost's sister (maybe) and Mastermind was William Stryker's freaking son. For all we know movie Cable could be Havok's father, Banshee's transgendered sister, Wolverine in a disguise, or just some guy with a gun and mutant powers called Nathan Dayspring.

(Plus Cable being Scott's and Jean's son was an awful idea to begin with).

14. ApolloSmileGirl

Jun 18, 2004
    Scott and a clone of Jean's son, no less. :p

15. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Ugh! Why oh why did you have to remind me of those two?? The crap that happens when you allow someone like Larry Hama to get ahold of an X-book, I swear...

Magneto offing Kennedy and doing the magic bullet thing. Right. The Magneto we know wouldn't go out of his way to do something as contrived. In fact, if he were the actually off a national leader in front of the world, don't you think he'd do something more supervillanous like floating down on Daley Plaza, pickup the presidential car and crush it in mid air? Please Mr. Vaugh, it was a lone gunman with political motivations. EVERYONE knows that. The crazy bullet can be explained by ballistics and simple physics. Yeah. :p

16. block

block Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2004
    Every single new mutant added to the movies should be Wolverine in a disguise.

17. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    They should make Jewbilee the daughter of Magneto.

18. Spider-Fan

Spider-Fan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2008
    Personally I would like to see the series continue to explore the dawning age of modern mutants, and perhaps in the next film have the world at large discover that such a species of human not exists but is starting to grow. While that brings them right back to the well established ideas of the ignorant masses that hate and fear the mutants, I think given the time period its an important parallel (Civil Rights, various other social movements etc). So any new characters introduced I would like to see them involved in that aspect. Perhaps revisit Bolivar Trask (who was under-used in X3) or explore other anti-mutant officials: Graydon Creed.

19. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    I don't know if this was part of the joke but it's worth noting that in the Ultimate Universe Cable is Wolverine in disguise...

[image=http://www.bamfas.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/UXM75_23.jpg]

20. Im_just_guessing

Im_just_guessing Jedi Knight star 7

Oct 23, 2002
    How can you hate Elsie-Dee??

21. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    It was. :p

22. ApolloSmileGirl

Jun 18, 2004
  23. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    Okay, finally saw this...
    Maybe I'm just so relieved to see a good XM movie after the last two but thumbs way up.
    I was worried about the period piece, I was worried about the WB teen X-Men cast, worried about continuity.

No more. Very solid, successful reboot. Obviously the casting of Eric and Charles was key. I'm not saying I haveno complaints, they just seem insignificant after X3 and Wolverine.

Also, Rose Byrne at the Hellfire party did not hurt.

24. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I don't want every possible throw-in, I just want Sentinels. If I don't get them I will not cry. Judging by nothing more than X-Men First Class the series is in good hands.

25. Jedi knight Pozzi

Jedi knight Pozzi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 2, 2000
    Squirrel Girl will do for me. :p