main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph X-Men Movies & TV - Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by JoinTheSchwarz , Oct 6, 2010.

1. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    Exactly, Cyclops was a big ******* here.

2. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
  3. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    About him being a jerk? Yes, he'd be absolutely right. :p

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  4. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    Are you sure that's not Racer X? :p
    [​IMG]

Violent Violet Menace likes this.
  5. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    ^ [face_laugh]

That actually was the common thought of Cyclops' "Marvel Now" costume.

I can't argue that Scott has some major low points in the comic books and Singer's cinematic version of the character did him no favors. I'm hoping that this new iteration of Cyclops gets a better treatment and it was off to a pretty good start in Apocalypse. Therefore, since Jackman is gone and I hope Jennifer Lawrence doesn't return to allow Cyclops and the younger X-Men class room to grow.

Gamiel likes this.
  6. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    Characters are often at the mercy of hostile writers these days (just look at poor Gwen Goblin -Bangin' Stacy) I don't see the point in blaming them for what sometimes seems deliberate attempts to turn fans off the character.

7. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Yeah. I agree completely. But at the end of the day, it seems that destroying the integrity of one or more characters - not to mention **** on one epic storyline - just for the sake of launching one unnecessary new comic book will always be more important.

8. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    That's why I ALWAYS keep certain distance with superhero comics, they NEVER care about consistency.

Lady_Skywalker87 and Gamiel like this.
  9. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  10. Lady_Skywalker87

Lady_Skywalker87 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 4, 2008
    Mistycal clone or Science clone?

Gamiel from the link you posted I gather that Maddy was indeed was meant to be a happy ending for Scott.. Since I knew her fate in hindsight though, I never bought it. OK one last shot at Maddy:
    [​IMG]

Love that Tumblr: http://waitingforthet.tumblr.com

Ditto, though there are aspects of the X-Men comics that I like.. It also POs me that people go on and on, complaining about the continuity in the Xmovies as there is actual continuity in the first place.
    Ps:Again couldn't Emma happen before Maddy? Ugh!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Violent Violet Menace likes this.
  11. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Emma's dead, so unless Scott is into some freaky stuff, there's no way that is happening.

12. Lady_Skywalker87

Aug 4, 2008
    darth-sinister yes at least in the movies there's no chance of that romance existing. .yet .

13. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Not until a reboot.

14. Lady_Skywalker87

Aug 4, 2008
    Which I hope happens when I am too senile to care.. Because I'm sure those awful "crossover"story lines will be made.

15. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    plus she was an adult in First Class and...

oh yeah the X characters don't ageo_O

16. Lady_Skywalker87

Aug 4, 2008
    Well she was a child in Origins.

17. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    That was a girl who was never named Emma on screen. Nor as Emma Frost in the credits. She was only called that in the promotional materials. And we know that multiple Mutants have similar powers. She never even demonstrated that she's a telepath in "Origins".

18. Lady_Skywalker87

Aug 4, 2008
    God I swear, a lot of the "inconsistencies" would just disappear if people would just be more comfortable with assuming.. Not a jab at you darth-sinister (inner bitch showing sry) and yes I know.. Hence the tongue emoji.
    On a lighter note, my two timeline theory may be alive and well.. More don't that later, gotta work.

19. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Wasn't she the only one that had a psychic link to Professor X as she was leading the recently free mutants out of the compound? At rate, I take any official character promo materials as canon:

Moreover, "Origins" featured another iteration of Scott and "Apocalypse" another iteration of "Angel," so I could see another iteration of Emma Frost should a future film call for it.

Latest rumor going around is that Olivia Munn will reprise her role as Psylocke in Dark Phoenix. I thought Munn did a good job in the action sequences as Psylocke, but her character (like many others) was under served in Apocalypse, so I do hope they give Munn/Psylocke more to do in Dark Phoenix. I kind of hope Dark Phoenix, much like Days of Future Past, is a soft reboot/recton is the young X-Men can merge with the Deadpool and other films.

Lady_Skywalker87 likes this.
  20. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I thought Munn was abysmal. Just terrible. Many liked her on The Newsroom as well, and I also found her abysmal on that.

ABYSMAL

21. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    heels1785 -- have you finished Legion yet so you can be outraged with me re: Emmy snubs?

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  22. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I still want to know how the hell Bill Duke becomes Peter Dinklage

23. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Scott is the only one who Charles communicates with in "Origins". If Emma had telepathic abilities, she did not display them. She only displays the ability to turn her body into a diamond in that film.

Scott and Warren are the same characters in both films. The only difference is that Warren's age was shifted about.

He doesn't. Those are separate characters.

24. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Talking about yourself in third person.

What an ego. :rolleyes:

Gamiel likes this.
  25. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    So, if Scott and Warren are the same characters in both films, it's then logical to conclude that the "Origins" version of Emma Frost also exists. And speaking of "Origins" character, I would rather they bring back and give Taylor Kitsh another shot as Gambit.