main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph X-Men Movies & TV - Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by JoinTheSchwarz , Oct 6, 2010.

1. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    The score is nice, if nothing else.

2. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    The character interactions are great! Besides Jean and Scott...

3. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    [​IMG]

"Those stories kinda need people to forget about their superpowers to work. (Sorry Old Man Logan, I just find it hard to believe that Polaris or somebody couldn’t just pin Wolverine down for an hour or so.)"

Once agin from http://waitingforthet.tumblr.com/

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  4. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I really liked The Last Stand too, and so did Roger Ebert. It was the first film to feature the Danger Room and a Sentinel of sorts, which is still a better version than Singer's, all be it that it was only the head. It was also the first time, Wolverine is actually officially a member of the X-Men and where the X-Men actually stand side-by-side in a battle. I even enjoyed the Juggernaut, who gave me my favorite line in the film, "I'm the Juggernaut BITCH!" The only really bad thing about the movie was the botch job on the Dark Phoenix adaptation.

Zeta1127 and B99 like this.
  5. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Agreed, and Scotts death is pretty eh.. I love what Erik says about Charles, " Charles did more for mutants than you will ever know!"

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  6. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Edit: What the hell?

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  7. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    That was a great line for Erik to say about Charles as it shows so much respect and hints at the long history and friendship, which was beautifully illustrated in First Class.

B99 likes this.
  8. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Question, the opening scene with them going to meet Jean.. Continuity error there right?? Charles is older and walks..

9. Violent Violet Menace

Aug 11, 2004
    For sure.

B99 likes this.
  10. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Too bad it wasn't illustrated well in TLS.

B99 likes this.
  11. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012

I always went with, either intentional or not, Walking Chuck in Last Stand and Wolverine: Origins are his "walking and psychic mind suppressing" drug from Days of Future Past. Total retcon that sort of contradicts what is established in DoFP but, hey, let's just say Hank perfected it so Charles could use his mutant powers (and maybe in TLS and XMO:W they were as peak as they could be)

Sith_Sensei__Prime and B99 like this.
  12. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014

Love this scene!

13. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    At the time of the release of X3: The Last Stand, it wasn't really a continuity error, as much as it wasn't a continuity error that Chuck and Raven didn't demonstrate a brother and sister relationship in these first three films. First Class as suppose to be a reboot of sorts, but Singer step back into the franchise and decided to tie-in his films and get rid of the films that weren't with Days of Future Past. Now, with The Last Stand, not part of the current timeline/course correction films, Fox is redoing the Dark Phoenix saga ERRRRRR adaptation. As such, it was announced a few days ago that Jessica Chastain has been cast for Dark Phoenix.

Jessica Chastain Confirms X-Men: Dark Phoenix Villain Role

Many speculate that Chastain will play Lilandra. However, Lilandra wasn't really a villain, in comic book and animated series anyway. But, for the sake of a 2 hour or so movie adaptation, they'll probably make her a villain right off the bat and make this iteration of the character an amalgamation of D'Ken and Lilandra.

14. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    This'll be the first X-Men movie to not have Wolverine/Hugh Jackman in it whatsoever.

AND IT BETTER STAY THAT WAY

15. Violent Violet Menace

Aug 11, 2004
    Singer co-wrote the story treatment for First Class with a writing partner. Vaughn was involved in finalising the screenplay. Singer was very much involved in the reboot that was First Class. And while he returned to directing with the next two, he actually had no story involvement on Days of Future Past. Vaughn, however, has a writing credit for story treatment while Kinberg finalised the screenplay.

Kinberg also wrote the screenplay of Apocalypse and Dark Phoenix, as well as co-wrote The Last Stand. Considering he has been involved with the franchise as writer and/or producer since X3, I think we can consider him a custodian of sorts of the main series going forward.

16. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I sit corrected. :p

17. Violent Violet Menace

Aug 11, 2004
    Considering Kinberg wrote Days of Future Past and co-wrote The Last Stand, I theorise that the retcons in the screenplay of Days is his attempt at atonement with the fans for X3. :p

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  18. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Oh definitely. You reminded of the time when I was sitting in the Days of Future Past panel at the 2015 WonderCon and Kinberg had said:

I remember that Singer didn't show up to the panel to avoid distracting the press/media from the film as he was being accused for sex abuse.

19. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    From about 4 months ago, but clearing out my TiVo...

20. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    LOL Ryan Reynolds showing off Cable: 1 and 2

Josh looks great.
    [​IMG]

Gamiel and Sith_Sensei__Prime like this.
  21. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Josh is definitely in great shape, but I can't say he's Cable yet; especially when I'm still on the Stephen Lang for Cable train.

I'll need to see Josh in action, much like I needed to see Gal Gadot to win me over.

Also, for character design, aside from the bionic arm, it looks very military basic. The teddy bear thing might be a nod or a hint to Hope Summers, but I doubt it. It might be something that Scott and/or Madeline or Jean gave Nate when he was a baby and sent him into the future.

22. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Violent Violet Menace likes this.
  23. WebLurker

WebLurker Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2016
    Okay, I recognize a lot of Disney characters there, but it doesn't make that much sense.

24. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    It's from a webcomic that combine different comic universes, the main one is DC and the Swedish comic Bamse but we also see other Earths, this is from Earth-D which is a mashup of Marvel and Disney's talking animals (we have seen another Earth that combine the Disney princesses and Squadron Supreme). Much of the mashups are based on word play more than the same/similar personalities/powers.

WebLurker likes this.
  25. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    The Legion season 1 finale was on again on Saturday. Still fantastic. The Gifted is going to have a lot to live up to since it's following Legion. But that's almost unfair because Legion was freakin' amazing.

26. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Well, Legion and Fox are on two different networks. FX, a cable network, has put out better quality shows, whereas the "over the air" Fox network, has a broader audience and not so much of the same standard. Gifted only has to be better than Heroes, to be worth watching. That being said, there better be a cool villain other than a government agency trying to round up mutants.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.