main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph X-Men Movies & TV - Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by JoinTheSchwarz , Oct 6, 2010.

1. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    Personally loving THe Gifted so far.

The Thunderbird and Eclipse relationship is what Cyclops-Wolverine should have been.

2. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I'm digging it but the main reason I'm sticking with it is mostly because I totally foresee that Polaris is going to go Full Magneto at one point and it'll be awesome.

cerealbox and Sith_Sensei__Prime like this.
  3. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    I just watched the first episode of The Gifted. It was pretty decent and I'm keen to see more.

4. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Yay! Polaris! I found her the most interesting character on the show and it looks like after last night's episode she'll be playing a bigger role.

Poor Blink. She's trapped in fake memories that screwing with her emotions.

In other X-Men related news:

‘Logan’ Spinoff Script Focusing on X-23 in the Works

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  5. WebLurker

WebLurker Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2016
  6. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    do anybody know when it was established that Polaris had mental problems?

7. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    Prior to Grant Morrison, she just had to deal with brainwashing from Erik the Red, Malice and Shadow King, right?

I think Morrison and Chuck Austen first showed her mental problems. Unless something was brought up in the X-Factor run, that I forgot.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  8. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
  9. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    I thought Laura was such an interesting character and she could do more I'm okay with it. But I think a wee bit more I would have liked if it ended with "there's no more guns in the valley" and she never pops her claws again. But I'm okay if they continue. but it has to be really good cuz Logan (and Laura's) story is sort of a perfect ending.

Gah! I think it's been over 4 months since I watched Logan (last time I saw it was when it hit blu ray and watched the awesome Noir version). Getting the shakes. Gotta fix that, ASAP.

10. WebLurker

Mar 12, 2016
    What if they took a similar approach like in the All-New Wolverine comics, where it's less of her being forced to be a killer again, but using her skills as a superhero to help others, if that makes any sense? I can see where you're coming from, but I'm not sure it's an automatic invalidation of the ending if she has more action in her future.

Never saw the b&w version; I kinda think that the color and lighting choices in the regular version add a lot to the story. On the other hand, I got the BluRay, so I could see it whenever I want (and I will eventually); I just haven't had the urge to yet (and given it's one of those movies I'll probably be seeing more on special occasions than on regular rotation, that might be awhile yet).

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  11. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    After watching some recent youtube reviews on LOGAN, I've certainly gotten the itch to buy and see it again. Something I never thought I'd be in a hurry for given that, while good, it so depressed the crap out of me at times that I though once would be enough.

12. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Fox is apparently positioning Logan for a Awards Season push. while I would be perfectly happy if Logan won All Of Everything, one that I think has a legit shot is Patrick Stewart for Best Supporting Actor. Awards folks love with elderly actors play mentally diminished, to put it delicately. And the fact that Stewart has never been an awards winner and everybody flat-out loves him in everything may be a factor too.

While I think Logan as depressing is a legit comment, ultimately, I think it has a pretty uplifting ending, if sad but earned.

And I will also admit the Comic Book Nerd part of my brain is also sort of thinking, "He's not dead! It's Wolverine! He'll wake up in a few years and be buried under a pile of rocks, someone get him out of there!"

Not that the movie didn't clearly establish it and it plays by the rules that he's dead (because of adamantium poisoning weakening his healing factor, I gets it) but there's the deeply embedded comic book no prize Marvel Nobody Dies logic that, yeah, he'll be up eventually.

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  13. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    No, as much as it sucked, he did earn that final respite. Let the triumphant dead rest in peace.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  14. WebLurker

Mar 12, 2016
    It will be interesting to see how that all pans out. I heard that Warner Bros. is campaigning pretty hard to get Wonder Woman nominated for stuff, too, so maybe the the "comic book movie" stigma is starting to get overcome.

I think that having him come back somehow (recast or otherwise) would ruin the movie's ending.

15. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    I really dig Wonder Woman but Logan I thought was honestly the best comic book movie since The Dark Knight. Easily just jumped into the top 3, at least. Which, in no particular order, I'd go The Avengers, The Dark Knight and Logan.

16. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I'm not a big fan of Logan but I would like to see get some or any kind of Oscar recognition. I would think having either Logan or Wonder Woman receiving an Oscar nomination in any of the coveted categories would certainly help the ratings for the award show.

As for The Gifted, my wife missed the first couple of episodes but saw the last two and she's on board with the show. When I watched The Gifted, I think this how Heroes Reborn should have been.

17. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
  18. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
  19. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    First New Mutants poster

[​IMG]

20. DAR

DAR Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2004
  21. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    If Disney acquires Fox, they'll likely just start a fresh X-Men continuity that they may or may not fold into the MCU or, less likely, continue the current one without integrating it. I can't see them merging the current continuity into the MCU, though. I mean, both narratively and, to a lesser extent, tonally it makes no sense.

22. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Yeah, it would be a total gut job of the X-Men universe, much like how Marvel incorporated Spider-Man into their cinematic universe, which would suck for Ryan Reynold and Deadpool. However, Deadpool being the character that he is with the 4th wall breaking and whatnot; he'd be the one character that could be carried over to the MCU and make jokes about it.

I really hope this deal goes through, as I would love for all the Marvel characters to be under one roof and to be able to tell faithful or high quality adaptations of stories from the source materials. Might even be able to see the X-Men having a baseball game.

23. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    It's possible that
    they don't gut continuity and instead just use the Infinity Gauntlet to merge the universes together. There's still plenty of room to allow for that and with the X-Men and Deadpool wearing traditional looking superheroes costumes, the merger won't be too out of whack. I don't see Feige going whole hog with gutting things. Spider-Man was only done that way in order to establish the ties to Iron Man, but also keep him in high school, since ASM 2 had him out of high school. The FF will totally be rebooted.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  24. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    But would anyone really want to keep Fox's X-Men's continuity? I mean, it's really all over the place with two versions of Angel and whatnot. Not to mention the different era's of X-Men; Stewart's or McAvoy's as Deadpool pose the question. I want to see Jim Lee's X-Men in the MCU, which means Psylocke would be around the same age as Cyclops, Jean, Ice Man, Beast, etc.

25. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i could see wanting to keep the cast, but they're probably all pretty over it anyway.