main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph X-Men Movies & TV - Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by JoinTheSchwarz , Oct 6, 2010.

1. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Even if this film establishes distinct timelines in Star Trek fashion, X3 will still have happened, despite the fact that in such a scenario it presumably wouldn't re-happen in one of the timelines.

2. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    Well, we did have Hank McCoy go from a lanky, dark-haired James Spader type in X2 to Kelsey Gramer in X3.

3. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Wrestlers =/= good actors, definitely absolutely (and yeah, they "act" in their respective shows and stuff, but I wouldn't call that quality acting). And for someone like Logan you needed someone who could pull off different emotions and nuances. Way back when, the only person I thought could pull it off was Mel Gibson, and thank the gods I was proven wrong.

So Mr. Jackman is a little taller and leaner than Logan should be. Fine. Regardless, he's done a bang up job so far and he will definitely be missed if he does hang the claws with this one.

Juliet316 likes this.
  4. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    Just about anybody could make a good Logan.No one can say they would have looked at Jackman(especially with his career and background) 15 years ago and said "that's Wolverine"--not even a little bit. It has very little to do with who is cast, so long as they're capable of acting, and more to do with the movie itself and production quality.

And I don't see why you need to kill Wolverine's character off just because Jackman stops reprising the role. Comics fans especially should be used to this--and I make the argument every time but I always come up against opposition--considering the different artists with drastically different art direction who have drawn the characters. It's just absurd that in movies anyone would get hung up on who is playing the character as opposed to just wanting to see the character being played well no matter whose face it is.

None of this is to say that Jackman has done a poor job. He does a fine job as Wolverine(despite two of the movies being absolutely horrible).

5. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, again, the comment about Trask wasn't about his movie version not matching his comic portrayal exactly like Wolverine, but rather Dinklage not matching up in anyway to his X3 portrayal.

6. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    More to the point, he went from looking like a normal Caucasian to blue and furry.

7. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Despite X-Men: First Class being really good, it did screw up a lot of the canon established by the previous movies. Unless Days of Future Past is actually going to fix those things, and I'm just not aware.

8. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    It might, by using the time travel plot device. But we really don't know yet. Singer has said he isn't ignoring any of the prior films, though.

9. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Since The Wolverine is taking place after Last Stand, I wonder if it will lead into DOFP at all. Maybe a cliffhanger or something? I don't read the comics, so I'm most likely wrong.

10. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The resemblance is... uncanny.

11. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    And what if it establishes that there's only one timeline that happens to be malleable?

It's no skin off my nose if X3 happens before it never happens, just so long as it eventually never happens. :p

12. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    Then it's dissing the source material big time. CANON VIOLATION

Darth-Lando and Ulicus like this.
  13. Souderwan

Souderwan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 3, 2005
    X3, Spider-Man 3, TPM-- What are "Movies that non-nerds successfully throw in your face when you suggest nerd cinema is awesome", Alex?

14. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    If only one could imagine that "non-nerds" had ever been wrong about anything.

15. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    I don't recall Trask being called Bolivar in X3. I suppose it could just be like that other guy Smith or something.

Honestly, the movies are already screwed up. Agent Mactaggert vs. Dr. Mactaggert for example.

16. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Or Emma Frost versus Emma Silverfox.

17. Anakin_Skywalker20

Anakin_Skywalker20 Jedi Master star 5

Nov 16, 2000
    Ah I found it! hehe. Good to be back. I've been busy writing lots. lol. I hope Singer does clean up the mess that happened in X3. Even if he could bring back Jean, Scott and Xavier, at least they can be cameos. I mean who knows, everything is up in the air as we speak...so there is some hope. Famke is just waiting for that phone call and is eager to return to X-Men. Not so sure about Marsden. I hear that Famke filmed some scenes for The Wolverine...

18. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    X3 already brought back Xavier.

19. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Which begs the question: Will old Xavier be mobile? It would make sense to have him walking if the scenes they show involve a lot of running and sentinels. And X3's ending did give them that excuse.

20. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Is Halle Berry coming back? I've been reading conflicting reports.

21. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, if they try to rectify X3's prologue and XO:W's cameo with his FC injury, maybe you'll get some kind of projected Xavier thing going on.

22. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Who's to say that the "modern" X-Men we see will be from the trilogy continuity? We might only see them in the sentinel ruled dystopia that is Days of Future Past.

23. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    I think that's the most probable scenario.

24. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I agree that makes the most sense. Easier to pull off and less continuity to mess with.

25. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    Unless of course his muscles etc. are completely atrophied from never having been used... :p

Those aren't mutually exclusive; the sentinel-ruled dystopia could be the future of the trilogy continuity.