main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph X-Men Movies & TV - Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by JoinTheSchwarz , Oct 6, 2010.

1. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    Well, the idea is clearly that she looks like herself, just with regular skin, when she looks like Jennifer Lawrence, but I see your point. The heavy make-up required for the role sort of obscures the underlying actor anyhow, so one could easily recast.

The wild card, I guess, is McAvoy and Fassbender. It's unclear how much longer they're willing to play the roles. What were their initial contracts, anyway? Three movies?

2. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Yes, it was for three movies. But as early as 2015, there was indications that after the contracts expired, there was a possibility that they'd come back for more depending on how they felt.

There was talk from all three that they were opening to returning. Having some time in between film has certainly helped. In Berry's case, she did four comic book films back to back and two of them were not so good. So I could definitely understand her frustration.

The beauty of the X-universe is that in the comics, the teams are always shuffling around. The founding members became X-Factor, Storm had her own team, etc. If the studio was interested and the actors willing, they could go along those same lines. As to Logan, I think they'll let the character cool off for a bit. Give him some distance between Jackman and the next actor.

Violent Violet Menace likes this.
  3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Halle was talking about returning pretty recently (last year) to the role "if she still fit in the suit" as part of a Storm movie if it were to happen. But I think you could entice almost any previously-supporting actor back if you made them the starring titular role.

4. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    And have a good film to go along with it.

5. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    I just got Wolverine on Blue-ray for $8.00 I am starting to compile all my digital downloads on Vudu so far I have Star Wars TFA, Moana, and Wolverine all on Vudu so I can now watch on multiple platforms such as on my Xbox and Laptop!!!!!!!! I have over a hundred movies on Blu-ray so I have some work to do!

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  6. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Leoluca, I am not familiar with Vudu, but I'd take a look at Plex, as well. It's what I use for my digital library, and it works like a charm.

7. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Well, I was joking in the sense that there was no such plan. But I'm not joking in that I would genuinely want to see that movie. Of all the new cast, I really enjoyed Young Storm quite a bit, even though the script didn't give her much to do. They hinted at an interesting story for her, and lots of good character traits. I would love to see that explored in greater length. What you wrote above, for instance, is really thrilling.

8. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    My favorite X-Men films and my personal grades:

1) Days of Future Past and Logan (97.2 and 98)

2) X2 and First Class (95 and 92.2)

3) The Wolverine (91.2)

4) X1 and Apocalypse (85.2 and 83)

5) Deadpool (77)

6) The Last Stand (54.2)

7) Wolverine: Origins (26.2)

Leoluca Randisi likes this.
  9. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    Legion continues to be insane, just when I think the next episode can't be crazier than the last, it does exactly that and then some.

dp4m, BigAl6ft6 and The2ndQuest like this.
  10. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    Saw Logan. It was good but, idk, I felt like it was missing a polished touch. So many unexplained things for people who didn't read the comic, even if hints of explanations are briefly mentioned as background noise.

In the context of the overall film series, it's a sad tale for sure. You don't often see the life of heroes past their prime, eroded by time and the trials that made them heroes. In that context, it was good, if mostly bitter than sweet.

11. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    I watch Legion when I get back from the pub on Thursdays , don't have a clue what happened so I watch it sober again the next day - still have no idea .

12. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Yeah I was like "what the what?" watching last night's episode. Then again I've have a similar reaction for the previous episodes as well. :p

13. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
  14. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014

Vudu works great and you don't have to pay if you don't want to plus I can watch on my Sony Blu-ray player or on my Xbox!!! I don't pay for Vudu, just for the Blu-ray!!!
    also my Xbox is hooked up to a really nice TV, 42 Inch LG HD TV !!! and my Sony Blu-ray player is hooked up to a nice HD TV!

heels1785 likes this.
  15. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    saw logan.good, but i don't know. i felt like i liked it less as it got closer to the end.
    i was hoping when they went to the farmhouse the family wouldn't get killed. predictable. also, clone Wolverine: i'm kind of tired of clones. still not sure about the timeline and how this alkali group is still running around 50 years after they did had logan

16. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014

when you look for plot holes your gonna find them;) my advice don't worry about plot holes all movies have them, just enjoy the movies ...

17. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    nah i didn't think of it so much as plot holes i was thinking more are they government backed or which government or just doing it on their own.

18. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    The Oh! You Pretty Things cover from Legion episode 6:

And Aubrey Plaza is really shining in this series. Loved her playing therapist, nice contrast between that and her psyche-ward inmate performance.

BigAl6ft6 and The2ndQuest like this.
  19. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999

Critical thinking. Trust me, it's good for the soul. Also, punctuation! Great for the eyes.

20. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I thought episode 6 of Legion was a let down to the awesomeness that was episode 5, as episode 6 delved right back into the different characters' situations and thoughts while episode 5 was action heavy and moved the narrative forward. There's a 30-second promo - available to view via i09 -that features a conversation between Cary Loudermilk (Bill Irwin) and Oliver Bird (Jemaine Clement). “I’ve been watching this David person and his monster,” says Oliver. “You know what it is — or should I say who?” Cary replies:

“Amahl Farouk, the Shadow King."

Which is not a surprise to me as it's who I suspected from the start.

21. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Episode 6 was not a let down at all for me.

Shadow King dance sequence!

Sniper_Wolf and The2ndQuest like this.
  22. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, her dancing through his memories in a funky 60's burn silhouette was such a WTF moment yet fantastic.

That's actually intentional. They initially scripted flashbacks showing what happened but took them out since keeping them vague fit the tone better.

And in this case, reading the comic doesn't matter- those events aren't from the comic. They're intended to be film-only.

23. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    I'm having trouble comprehending these headlines about Legion I keep reading. Apparently people don't know what's going on? I feel like the show's pretty easy to follow, it's just a different sort of story.

Random Comments and Darth Guy like this.
  24. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    No, not at all.

25. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004