main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph X-Men Movies & TV - Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by JoinTheSchwarz , Oct 6, 2010.

1. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Not sure about Xavier with hair, or about him being played by McAvoy, but it could work.

2. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    Interesting.

3. Vincent-Kenobi

Vincent-Kenobi Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 4, 2008
    Fassbenderrific

4. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    I'm not the biggest X-Men fan (disliked the movies) but weren't Scott, Jean, and Storm part of the first X-men group?

5. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Scott and Jean yes. Storm no. The original X-Men (in the comics that is) were Cyclops, Jean Grey, Beast, Angel, and Iceman. Storm didn't show up until 12 years later.

6. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    So why aren't Scott and Jean in this?

7. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    Because this isn't the comics. It was never established in the movies who anyone on the first team was, or even specifically his first class of students. Quite specifically of the original 5 in the comics, we know for a fact that Iceman and Angel were not part of the original team.

8. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    I could've said this at any point, but I'd just like to go on record as saying I always would have preferred X-Men Origins: Magneto to this film. Though, given how terrible Wolverine was, I probably wouldn't.

9. Spider-Fan

Spider-Fan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2008
    My understanding of the Magneto project it was primarily about the relationship between Eric and Charles as they try to help the next generation of Mutants. That's essentially what this is.

10. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    A young Scott was in the Wolverine movie so my guess is they didn't want to overlap into that too much.

I would also have preferred a Magneto Origins movie more than what looks like a remake of X-Men with a different team of mutants.
    This should though be more of a prequel to the X-Men trilogy than Wolverine was since that was essentially just the origin of one character.

11. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    ?X-Men:First Class?: Three exclusive photos and a report from the stressed-out set

[image=http://latimesherocomplex.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/x-men-first-class-cast.jpg]

[image=http://latimesherocomplex.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/kevin-bacon-and-january-jones-xmen-first-class1.jpg]

[image=http://latimesherocomplex.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/james-mcavoy-and-michael-fassbinder-x-men-first-class.jpg]

12. Im_just_guessing

Im_just_guessing Jedi Knight star 7

Oct 23, 2002
    Why would you embed such high resolution photos??

13. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    My bad, for killing your bandwidth.

I didn't notice that.

14. DarthLowBudget

DarthLowBudget Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 17, 2004
    Loving the 60s look. I remain cautiously optimistic.

15. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    I'm just not sure how I feel about this.

16. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    Xavier with hair is what's throwing me the most. I can deal with recasting and obviously Patrick Stewart is a hard act to follow. But Professor X's cueball look just seems to iconic of the character for me. He just isn't Xavier without it.

17. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    Honestly, it's more realistic to have him with hair. A fully bald 20-something, not a common occurance. Receeding hairline yes, but that would look worse in my opinion than having someone that has a full head of hair and can be inferred to just go bald over time.

18. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Patrick Stewart lost most of his hair when he was 19.

19. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
  20. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    I'm pretty sure that the only time Prof X has ever been portrayed with hair was in his childhood. Even in his 20s be was bald. Maybe it was a stylistic choice back then? :p

21. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    We don't know for sure that Prof X is bald in the film - what appears to be his hair could be Morph in disguise!

22. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    [image=http://s3.amazonaws.com/coolproduction/ckeditor_assets/pictures/388/original/First_Class.jpg]

January Jones interview

Kevin Bacon interview

On Sebastian Shaw: He's a very powerful billionaire and also, as it turns out, a mutant. He's the leader of the Hellfire Club, which is a nightclub for the rich and extremely powerful. And he has a plot to take over the world, so that's really fun. He's incredibly good at manipulating people and at taking whatever kind of energy or ability they have and using it to his advantage, like if he's talking to a German, he's fluent in German. He's very charming and able to get whatever he wants.

23. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    january jones is great, but it's so hard for me to think of her as anyone other than betty draper.

24. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Matthew Vaughn Talks Leaked ?X-Men: First Class? Photo, Reveals Magneto and Professor X Images

Remember that X-Men: First Class cast photo that leaked online yesterday that you hated? Director Matthew Vaughn hated it too. While I was heading out the door to the airport (Sundance Film Festival here I come) I received a phone call from Vaughn who wanted to set the record straight about the photo. And to make up for it he gave us two much more inspiring images of the main characters in his upcoming superhero film.

Quote:

Vaughn assures fans that he has the best intentions.

Quote:

As for the costumes?

Quote:

[image=http://bitcast-a-sm.bitgravity.com/slashfilm/wp/wp-content/images/ZZ329CBE2E-550x366.jpg] [image=http://bitcast-a-sm.bitgravity.com/slashfilm/wp/wp-content/images/ZZ3231E640-550x366.jpg]

Read more here

25. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Good God...I could never stand the revamped Magneto helmet from the first films but the original one so DOES NOT look good in RL. Especially without Magneto's trademark costume. [face_sick]