main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph X-Men Movies & TV - Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by JoinTheSchwarz , Oct 6, 2010.

1. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    It could also be a mental projection by Xavier.

2. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

He did from time to time in the 90's. But there was also a period when Hank reverted back into human form, when he was injected by Carl Maddicks who tested out a cure for the Mutant gene, using Hank's serum that turned him furry. He returned to normal after being kissed by Infectia, who has the ability to affect molecular structures through touch and was able to undo the serum, as well as Pestilence's viral touch which caused Hank's mind to devolve, the more he used his strength in battle.

3. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Or maybe it's just a random publicity shot.

Jedi Merkurian and Juliet316 like this.
  4. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    I remember comics Hank wearing a rubber mask, kinda like David McCallum in The Invisible Man tv show from the 70's.

5. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001

Possible, but given that Hoult is in 70's clothing, I'm thinking that that's part of his character's arc. As to being in the underground tunnels, it's steel walls. Not much would change between when it was installed and the present day. I'd wager some of the technology would be similar to 70's tech.

6. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    It's a puzzling picture, no doubts about it.

7. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    If Sinister is going to show up in the movie, would it be wise to keep his comic origin as the mad scientist who lived for centuries? I was surprised he didn't appear in First Class.

8. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    This is not the fanfic board. Stop it.

Juliet316 and Darth_Invidious like this.
  9. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    I don't think Mr. Sinister is going to be in the film. From all accounts, it's just the Sentinels and Trask. But they'd probably keep his scientist background. It's not like Logan and Victor were the only long lived Mutants.

10. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    What do you mean? He is a major villain of the X Men and totally could appear in the future movies.

BTW, if you really want to keep the quality of the thread, why not tell those who post unrelated personal insult to stop rather than who talk about these movies?

Not this one, the future movies.

11. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    You tend to derail threads with your pointless speculation. You are not going to do it to this one.

Juliet316 and Darth_Invidious like this.
  12. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    If people aren't interested, they could just ignore it. Talk about Sinister in a X Men thread, is much less harmful than those personal insult posts, if you want to keep the quality of the thread, those posts should be warned more.

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  13. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I know user moderating is out, but here: a primer.

Moderation 101

GIVEN: There is a topic. A splinter of a larger whole.
    GIVEN: A post is made that is off-topic.

QUESTIONS

1) Is it relevant? No.
    2) Is it tangential? Yes.
    3) Is there a better thread for it (say "The Marvel Cinematic Universe" thread)? Yes.

QED

Daveed is awesome. And a terrorist, which makes him more awesome. HI FBI, NSA, CIA!

Juliet316 likes this.
  14. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    I looked back the thread, this is not just Days of Future Past thread, but about all the X Men movies, talk about a major villain in the comics' possibility to appear in the future movies, is not tangential.

I will drop it off now, I was quite pissed off because so many totally off topic and insulting posts didn't get one warning until it lasted for pages.

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  15. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999

As far as we know, Mr. Sinister IS NOT appearing in this movie. This could be considered as a near certainty since it's surprising that the guy's name hasn't been leaked as of today if he were in the movie, the character hadn't even been created when the original story was first penned and because - if the writers decided to write a more or less faithful version of the character - I can't see how would someone like Sinister would benefit from sponsoring or helping Trask create mutant hunting robots (though the argument could be made that Sinister's Darwinian master, Apocalypse, probably would if only to cull the wheat from the chaff and all that). And no, Apocalypse isn't appearing either.

You're also assuming that because any character appeared in the comics, he'll eventually appear in a movie. That isn't necessarily true either since characters appear in these movies as dictated by plot. Other characters are simply name-dropped or mentioned simply as fan-service (for example, the names that appeared in the computer screen while Mystique was hacking away in X2, Psylocke appearing as a "Morlock" in X3, etc.). Also, the nature of the cinematic X-Men universe is a bit more "realistic", for lack of a better word. Eon old Darwinian mutants and Victorian-era mad-scientist-turned-into-pliable-pasty white-black-leather-sporting-obsessed-with-the-Summers-Grey-bloodline-freak don't exactly fit into this universe. And I sincerely hope they never do appear in this or any future films.

16. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    I'm mentally adding Gene Hunt (c. LoM) to that image.

Mar17swgirl likes this.
  17. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I think they just wrapped up filming today too.

18. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    I'm talking about future X Men movies, not this one.

Yeah, I also think his origin in the comic is a bit too weird to be put on screen that's why I made this post, beside that he's still a great villain of the X Men. Apocalypse might also get some changes if he is going to be put on screen.

19. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Well, there are rumours the end will set-up for something else, so events may well be bigger than just Trask and Sentinels.

20. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    There were rumors about Apocalypse might have something to do in DoFP, I remember.

21. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    No reason why not, he is a shape-shifter so he could be anyone at any time. And age doesn't bother him so he can have a plan that takes many years to come into effect.

I mean, Trask might not really be Trask.

Darth-Lando likes this.
  22. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    At first I was like "Why would Apocalypse create mutant hunting machines?" Then I realized it makes perfect sense in his twisted survival-of-the-fittest-logic. All the weak mutants would be hunted and killed and the ones who survive would be stronger for it. I support this theory.

23. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    And he could then turn Sentinels on people and use them to keep order when he rules the world with his Horsemen.

24. KissMeImARebel

KissMeImARebel Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I agree that Apocalypse would need a lot of reworking in order to work on the silver screen, especially with the current run of X-films. But if that's the case, then it might just not be worth using him. Part of Apocalypse's threat (or at least, the feeling of threat he evokes) is that he's a demi-god-like figure who's absurdly powerful and has been doing his thing for a long time. Those are probably the things a screenwriter is going to be the first to target.

I think the only good ways to use Apocalypse would be:
    1) Just go all out and present him exactly as he is in the comic. Approach it as a one time wild, zany, cosmic x-film. (which will never happen)
    2) Get your hands on a really (and I mean really) smart screenplay that takes a lot of risks and significantly alters his character, but that finds a way to keep his core "Apocalypse-ness" (whatever that may be) in tact. (Perhaps possible, but again, it might defeat the purpose of using him in the first place -- at least from the perspective of some of the fanbase).

Mr Sinister is an interesting character, and perhaps more grounded, but I've personally always found his connection to Apocalypse to be the more interesting aspect of him. To be fair though, I'm not particularly well read on him.

25. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Sinister would be do-able if you got rid of the obsession with Cyclops & Jean and simply made him some crazy scientist who enjoys experimenting on mutants.

You can tie that into Apocalypse, who converts others into his Horsemen.

Apocalypse if he's not an immortal Earth-Thanos would be rather generic and not really needed IMO. What makes him good is his uberness