main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph X-Men Movies & TV - Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by JoinTheSchwarz , Oct 6, 2010.

1. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Which is good, imo, since almost certainly the effects are nowhere near complete -- and Singer verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry likely remembers the ridiculousness of the outcry of Cyclops' optic blast effects from the first X-Men trailer, which was clearly not complete and people went ape-poop anyways...

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  2. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    It also keeps doesn't give away very much about the plot, apart from the time travel aspect.

Jedi Merkurian and Juliet316 like this.
  3. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    One could get the wrong impression that Old Xavier wants to send Wolverine back to the past to convince Young Xavier that love is all you need.

4. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Holy ****

5. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I hope they aren't going to use awful digital de-ageing on Jackman when he's meant to be in "a younger body". He looks fine as he is.

6. Volderon

Volderon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 23, 2007
    Stewart and Mckellan are badasses. Any line they say is gold.

7. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004

*fixed

:p

Volderon likes this.
  8. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I think McKellan was a rather uninspiring Magneto.

9. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Trying to one-up Vaughan's addition of Azazel, I see.

The2ndQuest and Darth-Lando like this.
  10. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    Holy crap, that was a FANTASTIC trailer! :D Can't wait for this film.

11. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Can anyone explain to me how "future" Wolverine is noticeably older (in that they made Hugh Jackman up to look older) than in the original trilogy/his solo films/First Class? If he ages, he ages very slowly, so the rest of the mutants should be dead by the time he gets a fairly significant amount of gray hair around his temples. Does something happen to him to make him age faster? Do the other mutants somehow live much longer than normal? Is this a different interpretation of Wolverine's abilities than we've seen in previous films? Is it just a storytelling thing so the idiot audience can tell the difference between his "future" and "past" selves? :p

12. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    It was the same in the original comic book story, as Logan's long life still hadn't been established, so they probably thought it was a fun inconsistency to take to the big screen. :p

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  13. KissMeImARebel

KissMeImARebel Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    The music for the comic con footage worked (a lot) better. I assume they couldn't use it for copyright reasons with this trailer, but it really dragged it down imo. It just goes to show you can't slap any music onto the same cut of footage and expect it to have the same impact.

RE: Logan's hair. It does seem silly for him to suddenly age so noticeably in just ten years (I'm confident that's the gap between The Wolverine and DoFP), but I'm willing to let it slide as a nod to the original source material, in which Logan had aged and gotten some whites at the temples. And given that Wolverine's supposed to be going back into a body that is younger than it was in the first X-Men movie (when Hugh was about 15 years younger), I think it's not unreasonable to age him a bit more for some contrast with his 70s body.

I mean, yeah, some of it is probably for audience IQ levels, but I'd have made the same call too.

14. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    They don't need to. He doesn't look that much different from when he was in Origins.

15. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    That's a great trailer. Surprisingly low key, which I liked. There seems to be a sense of... confidence in what else the film has to offer.

16. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Maybe Wolverine is aging really fast because he's actually a clone of Big Boss?

17. Volderon

Volderon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 23, 2007
    Yay for Peter Dinklage.

18. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    Trailer is rad. I expect the film to be awesome simply because Fassbender can do no wrong in any film.

19. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    'Nuff said to the Nth.

Draconarius likes this.
  20. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    That is a large cast of awesome.

21. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    The second half, maybe. Bur the front half sounds a hell of a lot like "The Surface of the Sun" from Danny Boyle's film "Sunshine." Or it might be another song entirely -- I seem to remember that track borrows a lot from an Adagio...

22. xblackout

xblackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 5, 2008
    Ok, up until now I was feeling a little skeptical about this film but now I can't wait to spend my money on it. Hurry faster!

23. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    So far so good. I can't wait to see more when they has some of the VFX work done and we get a second or third trailer.

Am I the only one who wasn't really happy with the look of Bishop? His comic book look really didn't transition into a decent real life look. I did think that Blink looked pretty cool.

24. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    Last week a version of this trailer leaked online. It wasn't complete but the music used in that version was "Time" from Inception. I wanted to wait for the full version of the trailer before commenting and while the trailer itself is amazing, I am a bit sad that the track wasn't the same. I think it's because not only was the music emotional and catchy, but because of how it relates to the plot. Plus the jarring trailer edit was bridged better with it.

I can listen to this...

...and just see the end of the movie with Logan walking through the X-Mansion passing by Xavier, then Rogue, then Bobby, then Storm... then Scott and Jean.

Darth_Invidious likes this.
  25. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    The Comic-Con trailer? That was around way before last week but disappeared...