1. MERRY "TALK LIKE A PIRATE" DAY! ARR!

X-Men: Mystique

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Nexumaster, May 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nexumaster Force Ghost

star 4
    With those upcoming X-Men spin-off movies about Wolverine and Magneto, will there eventually be an spinoff movie about Mystique?
    (Mystique is one of the more interesting mutants by the way)

Would you others like an movie like that?

We can discuss such movie here in this topic.

Moleman edit:
    This film is not in production and there have been no talk about it. Please keep to the Wolverine and Magneto threads until other spinoffs are announced. :)
  2. Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus

star 6
    she does have an interesting story but i don't think the movie would be as popular or profitable as a Wolverine or Magneto spinoff
  3. Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    I haven't heard of any plans for such a movie.

I personally wouldn't be interested in a Mystique spinoff. I don't think she can carry a film by herself. Too much screentime might ruin her, uh, mystique.
  4. HunkyEvil Jedi Knight

star 3
    Unfortunately, I agree with the above. While she is a good character, the comics would be a better stage for her story than a whole film. I don't think anyone other than Magneto and Wolverine really have that special thing about them to warrant a movie. Like say a Scott Summers movie? Please, I don't want to see some adult guy blub for an hour and a half. Ok maybe that was harsh :p But you know what I mean, I couldn't sit through it and enjoy it. It'd end up just like Daredevil

I do like the character though, and if there were ever to be a TV show with the cast from the movie, she'd make an interesting couple of episodes.
    TV, yeah. Movie, I'm afraid not
  5. arwen_sith Force Ghost

star 4
    Mystique is interesting because she's not overdone.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.