main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Discussion in 'Archive: The Amphitheatre' started by wild_karrde, Feb 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spiderfan

Spiderfan Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 9, 2004
    This will probably suck because its a typical Marvel movie which all seem to defy the greatness of the source material and suck, minus a few exceptions of course (being X-Men, X2 and Spider-Man 2 IMO).

2. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    Iron Man is looking pretty good, although obviously trailers can be misleading. I admit the spectre of X-Men 3 looms over Woverine, especially with the inclusion of too many unnecessary characters.

3. Spiderfan

Mar 9, 2004
    Thats my feeling as well. Not to mention spinoffs don't have a great track record so far...

4. soitscometothis

Jul 11, 2003
    Electra! *shudders*

5. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    On the comedy side of things, he appeared in the first Harold & Kumar movie.

On the drama side of things, he was a main character in Smokin' Aces (one of the best films of 07).

6. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    I'll watch anything if Ryan Reynolds is in it because the dude's hilarious.

7. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, I mean, the dude made Blade Trinity (a bad movie) tolerable to watch because he wasn't that far off from being Deadpool there.

8. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    Oh no! He was in Blade Trinity, a Marvel film. And he's going to be in Wolverine. Once again, Marvel says "**** you!" to continuity!

We had Rebbeca Romijn as Mystique in X-Men and then as Angela in The Punisher. We had Ben Foster as some weird guy in The Punisher and Angel in X-Men 3. We had Sam Elliott as Thunderbolt Ross in Hulk and the gravedigging guy in Ghost Rider. Come on, man, get different actors!

9. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, to my knowledge, he wasn't playing a "real" Marvel character in Blade Trinity, so that doesn't count ;)

10. Spiderfan

Mar 9, 2004
    Hannibal King

At least for legal reasons its not regarded as the same continuity. It may be in the source material but as far as the movies are concerned, each franchise is self contained. Though that's changing now thanks to the Paramount deal where Marvel has control and is crossing over films (ie - Iron Man and Hulk).

11. Jango10

Jango10 Jedi Master star 5

Sep 22, 2002
    Wolverine casts Dominic Monaghan

The former Lost and Lord of the Rings star will play Barnell, a mysterious character from Wolverine's past with the ability to manipulate energy and electricity. Daniel Henney (My Father) has also just been cast as Agent Zero, a member of the Weapon X program and an expert tracker with lethal marksman skills.

12. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    Smoking Aces was pretty bad, Quest. It had a neat premise but never lived up to it's potential.

13. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I disagree- it's maybe not the absolute best film of last year, but it was still pretty solid and is neck and neck with Shoot 'Em Up for the most fun film last year (the latter leaning towards the comedy side of things, obviously).

14. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    I'm a British nanny and I'm dangerous.

15. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    "You must be the angriest man in the world."

16. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    Reynolds is best when around a guy a girl and preferably a pizza place.

17. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    [image=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/18/Cable-promo-image.jpg] [image=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/5a/Outlaw.jpg] [insert image of the obese Alex Hayden/Agent X]

18. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    [image=http://www.empireonline.com/images/cover/large/3.jpg]

SNIKT!

19. Grand_Duchess_Olga

Grand_Duchess_Olga Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    He plays Graham in Buffy (season 4) right?

20. soitscometothis

Jul 11, 2003
    Nope. IMDB is your friend. I've seen The Covenant, but is was so meh that I don't remember much about it. No one stood out in that crowd, that's for sure.

21. Grand_Duchess_Olga

Grand_Duchess_Olga Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    Ah, well, that was what some people said on a Buffy board. Oh well, you can't believe everything you see on the internet:D

22. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    "Wolverine" Gets More Deadpool

IESB reports that the recent Vancouver reshoots on "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" will focus on one particular character - Deadpool.

Ryan Reynolds plays the Canadian mercenary who was set to originally only cameo in the project. Now it seems that role has been expanded into full-fledged supporting player with "most of the footage shot including Reynolds and Hugh Jackman."

In the comics, the character is also a part of the Weapon X program who acquires regenerative abilities derived from Wolverine himself. In the comics that operation leaves him disfigured and mentally unstable, resorting to him wearing a mask.

Publicity photos of Reynolds as the character however don't show any such mask or disfigurement though it's expected to be depicted in some way in the final film.

[image=http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d90/TMurdaugh/DeadPool-AWESOME.jpg]

[image=http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j294/2006F_U/deadpool2.jpg] [image=http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/229/88483-2590-deadpool_super.jpg] [image=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/a/a8/DeadpoolYellowBoxes.jpg/250px-DeadpoolYellowBoxes.jpg]

23. Luke_Sparkewalker

Luke_Sparkewalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    Looking forward to seeing my work in this one.

The whole movie is going to be awesome.

24. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    X-MEN ORIGINS: WOLVERINE
    In theatres May 1

"The claw-pawed man-mutant cuts in front of his fellow X-Men with his own creation story, which traces how Logan's macho rivalry with Sabretooth (Liev Schreiber) and his thwarted love affair with Silver Fox (Lynn Collins) set the stage for his tranformation into Wolverine. So why did Hugh Jackman's character get the first Origins nod? ''It wasn't always part of the plan, but Hugh brought that character to vivid life,'' says producer Lauren Shuler Donner, recalling the endurance test he faced filming this water-tank scene where his character is injected with a substance that makes him impenetrable. ''We tortured the man. he is an animal. A normal person could not do that.''

25. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.