Amph X-Men: Second Coming

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by Dingo, May 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Lando Chosen One

star 6
    QFT AXM has been lackluster since Ellis took over. Astonishing Spider-Man & Wolverine however, is freaking gold!
  2. JoinTheSchwarz Comms Admin & Community Manager

Administrator
    star 8
    I'm a die-hard Ellis fanboy and even I ahev to agree his AXM ongoing has been, so far, mediocre and not remotely close to what I expected.

The current AXM: Xenogenesis mini and the old AXM: Ghost Boxes mini are very good, though.
  3. Darth-Lando Chosen One

star 6
    I'm not a fan of the stylized art in Xenogenesis. I mean, just one of Emma's boobs is bigger than her head! What's up with that? And Ghost Boxes was just overpriced crap. And why is it that writers keep going to the "alternate dimension" well but Exiles can't get a decent ongoing anymore? It's not right! :mad: :p
  4. JoinTheSchwarz Comms Admin & Community Manager

Administrator
    star 8
    Disagree about Ghost Boxes (the steampunk universe alone was worth the admission ticket) but oh man, how I miss Exiles. :(
  5. Dingo Force Ghost

star 5
    Yeah, Ellis' work on the main AXM has been underwhelming.

And I'm left feeling a little hollow after the end of Second Coming. It shook some things up, but didn't really go anywhere near as far as I thought they could have taken it.
  6. Jedi Ben Chosen One

star 6
    Hmm, Ellis' X-Men work isn't his best but I'm not finding it that bit either. Then again, I love the scene where Cyclops starts cussing at Brand and everyone finds just too damn freaky.
  7. NJOfan215 Force Ghost

star 5
    Overall i thought second coming worked. Sure it could'vr been tighter, but you can say about most cross overs. I liked the x-science team one shot that tied into the series. I think it fits in like a glove.

I think Ellis has done a nice job on Astonishing, the thing that has hurt the book the most is it's screwy publishing schedual.

X men legacy has been solid. It's not the best comic, but i never regret buying it.

Uncanny has been hit or miss. I like utopia and nation x. The stuff before was just ok, and the latest issue of it really sucked. I don't really know what deal is with the book.

X factor has been consistantly fun for the past five years.

X force is one of my favorite books. It's dark and really screwed up, but it usually tells important stories. Nacroshia is kind of stupid, but pretty cool at the same time. The idea of the x men fighting zombies is retarded, but it was well done. I just with they would've left it as x force arc, not an event.
  8. Spider-Fan Force Ghost

star 4
    I've had a strange adventure in reading this week. Wanted to do a little more research into X-23s past and read through her history, but found myself re-reading New Mutants Vol2/Academy X/New X-Men, which reminded me how much I had forgotten about what happened in...well everything else. So I find myself reading through just about all of X-Men since M-Day (might go back and re-read Morrison's New X-Men but I don't recall enjoying it greatly, mostly because of the art).

Of course this means me working my way to Second Coming, but there is much I have no interest in. There seems to be a polarized opinion about Necrosha, but since I liked New Mutants/New X-Men (miss those volumes) I may as well try to catch up. Is there any value in reading X-Infernus??
  9. Darth-Lando Chosen One

star 6
    I found X-Infernus pretty dull. If you're a fan of Magik or Pixie it might be interesting, as they are the two most important characters in that arc but otherwise it's pretty skipable. Mercury and Rockslide are the only two NXM characters who make an appearance anyway.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.