X-Men/Star Wars: The X-Over

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Darth_Invidious, Sep 26, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaryJade*Invidious* Jedi Youngling

star 3
  2. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5
    All around the world they felt it. Mutant sensitives and even humans with the slightest potential for extra-sensorial perception heard it deep in their souls: The mournful, anguished, and angry screech of a primordial raptor beyond their imagination. Many of these had felt this before, on a night long ago when the Universe held its breath, and when high above Earth, a battle for the soul of one human woman was fought, lost?and won.

In upstate New York, in a hidden bunker in the Adirondacks that serves as the home of the outlaw mutant squad known as X-Force, Nathan Dayspring Askani?son, the man known as Cable, stepped out into the night and stared to the stars; a profound, inexplicable feeling of despair and loss tearing at his heart. The veteran of many wars fought in worlds and times long gone (and yet to come) felt helpless, like a child just orphaned. And also feeling ? knowing -- that a most important battle was about to take place, and he could not affect its outcome one way or another.

In Manhattan, perched high atop a skyscraper, the amazing Spider-Man paused to stare at the city, his Spider-Sense tingling in the back of his mind like a blaring fire alarm. He searched for danger, but could not find it. A few boroughs away, in Hell?s Kitchen, an associate of the Webslinger, the blind vigilante known as Daredevil stopped in his tracks, straining his hypersenses for trouble. Perhaps waiting for the alien invasion that seemed imminent. Like the arachnid, he would not find the cause of his anxiety, and be disturbed by the strange feeling for many nights to come.

In Greenwich Village, in the brownstone that served as residence for Earth?s Sorcerer Supreme, Doctor Stephen Strange awoke from a meditation trance. Sitting cross-legged, hovering a few feet above the floor, he opened his eyes, immediately recognizing the scream that tore into the astral place: the sound of primordial fire being lit anew.

And in Westchester County, slumped sobbing in his hover chair, all alone in the darkness of the Cerebro Chamber, Charles Francis Xavier gasped for air. Still reeling from the psychic shock of Jean?s and Scott?s deaths, he instantly recognized the cry. A shriek born of passion, power and glory. A scream that could only signal the end of the Universe.

?Oh my God?, said Xavier. ?Oh my God in Heaven?

?Rachel?.

And above the Australian outback, still deep in the darkness of night, a new star arose, bathing the countryside in its ethereal light. A fiery raptor manifested by one of the most powerful mutants on the planet ? Rachel Summers. The Phoenix. And it climbed into the sky, murder in her heart, vengeance not to be denied.

?Ray! Ray! Stop, come back!!? yelled Kitty Pryde, hoping against hope her words could somehow reach her teammate, already a brilliant star high in the sky.

?It?s no use, Katschen?, said Nightcrawler. ?She?s gone. I fear not even God Almighty could stop her now.?

?What the hell ruffled her feathers?? asked Rogue. ?Girl just took off like a bat out of hell!?

Eric Magnus Lensherr, the man known as Magneto stared at the sky, shaking his head softly. ?Fury?, he said softly, almost to no one in particular. He then turned to Rogue, meeting her emerald gaze. ?Fury like a god enraged. Anger and outrage I only know too well. Someone even I would feel hard-pressed to engage. I fear?something has gone hideously wrong up there.?

?Ah?ah feel?you?re right?, said Rogue, thinking of the suave, mysterious Cajun she?s just begun to known. ?Ah dunno how, but you?re right.?

?Yes?, said Kitty softly, still staring skyward. ?But one way or another, it?ll be over soon.?

Colossus walked behind her, placing a steel armored hand on her shoulder. ?That doesn?t sound very reassuring, Katya?.

?No, Piotr Nikolevitch?, replied Shadowcat, turning her head to meet his gentle gaze for what she feared would be the last time. ?Not reassuring at all. Terrifying, more like it.?

The Millennium Falcon sped away from the burning plummeting hulk that was formerly the SSD Nova. Han Solo?s victorious wh
  3. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5
  4. Jedi Merkurian Episode VII Thread-Reaper

Manager
    star 6
  5. MaryJade*Invidious* Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Ditto.

WOW

Simply marvelous as usually, stunning performance old bean!

*applause*
  6. MaryJade*Invidious* Jedi Youngling

star 3
    hey boy, don't keep us in the dark! keep goin!
  7. MaryJade*Invidious* Jedi Youngling

star 3
  8. DarthDVD!!!! Jedi Master

star 1
    more?

plz?
    plz plz plz plz plz....
    come on im hooked hear
  9. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost

star 6
    Oh wow!

*gets read to scream two words at the top of his lungs* THRAWN!!! RUN!!!!!!!
  10. MaryJade*Invidious* Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Amen to that Darth DVD,

come on! where's our story?!

11. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5
    Thrawn? Run? From an extremely pissed off Phoenix teetering over the edge of the Dark Side? He'll be lucky if she doesn't incinerate him to atoms. I'll post the follow up sometime by Friday or early Saturday. I tried to start on it today but it didn't quite work for me. I figure three more lenghty posts will wrap up this story before its one year anniversary. Stay tuned. :)
  12. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost

star 6
    Hey I had to say it!

I cant wait.....*grabs a bag of popcorn and sits down and rereads the entire story until the next post*
  13. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost

star 6
  14. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5
    Now on to the next installment

To give them credit, the Imperials gave it their all. The Death?s Head turbolaser batteries punctured the void with megajoules of deadly verdant fire. Meanwhile, wave after wave of TIE Fighters launched from the wedge-shaped starship, valiantly trying to protect their mothership from attack by an unknowable, relentless force.

And all of it was for naught, against Phoenix.

Rachel Summers flew circles around the myriad laser blasts, in the process lashing out with her power, destroying one gun emplacement after another. The TIE Fighters, Interceptors and Advanced prototypes were giving her no contest. Some, she manipulated with her telekinesis: tossing them away, or making them crash against one another or against the Death?s Head, further weakening the ISD?s defenses. She befuddled the minds of other pilots, sending them to similar fates. Rage had given way to gleeful mischief. And for the moment, she was toying with her prey. For the moment?

?Captain, forward shields are down fifty percent!? yelled a terrified lieutenant from one of the bridge crew pits. ?Another pass and they may collapse entirely.?

Captain Ardiff grimaced, eyes quickly going from one status display to another. It couldn?t be. It simply could not be. Not a single system had managed to successfully target the human female that was impossibly flitting out there in space, systematically taking his ship apart piece by piece.

?Apply fifty percent more power to secondary shield bubble?, said en eerily collected Thrawn. Ardiff couldn?t help to blink at the man. Even under the most incredible of circumstances the Grand Admiral did not lose his cool. ?Major Terel, calculate a hyperspace jump point to Nirauan immediately. As soon as the course is set transmit it to the Instigator and make the jump to lightspeed.?

Ardiff shook his head, almost in dismay, bile threatening to creep up his throat. ?I do not like it much either, Captain?, said Thrawn, who had obviously noticed Ardiff?s disgusted mood. ?The gamble did not pay off quite the way I had anticipated. I?underestimated the Earthlings? capabilities. And the cost has been too high.?

Ardiff looked at his superior officer in utter surprise. ?A-Admiral, surely you don?t mean that??

?What, my dear Captain? That I?m not infallible? I?ve never claimed to be anything of the sort. In my own way, I suppose, I?m ?only human?. We can no longer afford any grand gestures that will only lead to our destruction, Captain. We must retreat now, so that we may have a chance to fight again.?

?WRONG LITTLE MAN!? cried the Phoenix into everyone?s mind. ?THERE?S NO RUNNING AWAY! NOT FOR ANY OF YOU!?

?I don?t know about you, but I think your friend out there doesn?t need our help?, quipped Han Solo as the Millennium Falcon sped towards the besieged ISD. ?So why are we going after her??

?You don?t understand, Captain Solo,? replied the telepathic voice of Charles Xavier. ?What Rachel is doing can lead to devastating consequences. For her. For this entire galaxy. She has shut me out of her mind. All I?ve sensed from her is grief, rage and bloodlust. I?m afraid that if we do not stop her, she will succumb to the darkest aspect of her powers, consuming her in the process.?

Solo shuddered a little, totally unsettled by this mind-speaking thing. He doubted he?d get used to this ever. It wasn?t the same as with Luke and Leia. ?You speak as if from experience. She?s gone off like this before??
    ?No, not her, Captain?, said the Beast sadly. ?But someone?closely related to her (sort of) who once shared the cosmic power the child wields, once did. She became unto a God, and her potential for destruction threatened the entire Universe. We X-Men tried to stop her...and failed. At the end, in a moment of reason, she made the ultimate sacrifice?and stopped herself.?

Chewbacca let out a soft moan of understanding. Solo grimaced as he glanced at the approaching Star Destroyer. ?Truth be told, that sounds awfully familiar. Seems like we can?t get away from all of this Light S
  15. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5
  16. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost

star 6
  17. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5
    After what had seemed an interminably long ascent up the Death?s Head, Luke and Psylocke finally reached the command deck. The turbolift?s doors opened. Luke had expected to walk out quietly, using his alter-mind abilitites and Psylcoke?s own mental powers to make their way to the bridge unchallenged. To their surprise, however, they faced two black garbed officers who where handling two antigrav stretchers. And on them, completely inert ? and lifeless -- were the bodies of Cyclops and Jean Grey.

Surprise quickly gave way to shock and outrage. Luke extended his hand, meaning to stun them with a forcefully applied force grip. But he didn?t get the chance to do so. Both men shrieked in pain, grabbing the sides of their heads and thrashing momentarily before collapsing on the floor. He stared at his companion; an angry, bloodthirsty grimace stretched on her face. ?Betsy??

?Don?t worry, Master Skywalker. They?re not dead. Just?.stunned. But killing them?s the least they deserve.?

Luke frowned. The savagery of this telepath sometimes disturbed him. But it had also proven quite useful during their mission. Still, he should try to exercise some control on her before her rage got the better of her, imperiling both their lives and their mission.

Psylocke growled, turning a decidedly venomous purple-eyed gaze at him. ?I do wish you?d stop fretting so much, Master Skywalker. I?m not a bloody amateur!? she hissed. ?I know how to control myself and what?s at stake.?

Luke raised his eyebrows and felt a little annoyed with himself. Obviously he wasn?t very good at keeping his thoughts to himself at the side of this woman. He wondered what else he had inadvertedly ?broadcasted? during their journey. ?Sorry?, he muttered sheepishly. ?your fighting style takes a little while to get used to.?

She dismissed him as she approached the antigrav slab, eyes fixed on its single occupant. ?Oh God?Scott?.they killed you. Those bloody gits killed you!?. She laid her arms across his chest, burying her face in his neck, sobbing loudly.

And Jean too, thought Luke, though it was obvious Psylocke didn?t care that much for her other slain teammate. Equally disturbing as well. He fought hard to keep despair from wrenching his heart and trying to deny what he was seeing, but there it was right in front of him: They had arrived too late, and their friends had fought and died alone.

But as he stared at them, he felt the slightest flickering of the Force. He stared at Jean, and he felt it. Like a candle flame struggling against a strong breeze. He felt her essence, flickering in the Force, sustaining both her and Scott?s souls from passing on to the light. But he knew her strength would not last long.
    ?No, Betsy. They?re not quite gone yet.?

?What are you talking about??, she said, half choking, eyes raw with tears. ?He?s ? they?re dead. You don?t have to read minds to see that!?

?Physically dead, yes. But there?s still hope. And they need help fast. We have to get them out of here.?

?And how do you propose we do that, oh wise Master Skywalker?? Psylocke retorted, sarcasm dripping with every word. ?We have no means of escape and this ship still infected with thousands of enemy troops. Getting out will not be as easy as getting in.?

Luke was doubly annoyed now, and more than willing to give this woman a piece of his mind. But before he could begin to argue, he found himself gasping and reeling back. He held his hand to the wall to stop himself from collapsing.

?What the hell?? Psylocke muttered, placing a hand on her temple. She had felt it too.

?It feels?like a strong disturbance in the Force?, said Luke. ?Extremely strong. And nearby. But how --??

?It?s ? it?s her. She?she must KNOW. But her power?I?ve seen it. Felt it. But this time ?? she paused, her expression that of mixed fascination and horror, ? ? it beggars the imagination.?

Her? Who?s she talking about, wondered Luke. But he could see that Psylocke was terribly out of sorts right now. That wouldn?t do. He needed her to focus in the here and now. He
  18. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost

star 6
  19. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5
    The Millenium Falcon sped towards the Death's Head. Han Solo and his companionships had watched as the ship simply...stopped. The sublight engines had powered down, its turbolaser batteries still and motionless. Debris from wrecked TIE's peppered the space around the ISD, the wreckage often bouncing or exploding against its hull. The Imperial comm channels buzzed with activity, as the few remaining Imperial ships were hailing their command ship without success. For all intents and purposes the Star Destroyer was dead in space.

"I'm still getting life readings from our sensor scans, so why the hell aren't they responding?" wondered Han Solo.

"Perhaps they're not receiving", the Beast suggested.

"Or maybe they can't," Wolverine added. "An' we're too late."

"Then mebbe we oughta get there fast, non? An' find out fo' sure?" Gambit suggested.

"What?", exclaimed Solo. "You want us to board another Star Destroyer? We barely made it out of the last one we snuck into!"

"Doesn't matter, Cap'n", Wolverine replied. "We all have friends in there who need our help. And we can't stay out here sittin' on our asses waitin' for the other flamin' shoe to drop."

"My diminutive friend is correct Captain Solo," said McCoy. "We must do something, expeditiously. Our friends maybe in serious dire straits and up the creek without the proverbial paddle."

"Geez Professor, maybe I oughta introduce you to this golden-cromed fr-eh, 'associate' of mine", growled Solo. "Your vocabulary's almost as long as his..."

"So what's it gonna be, bub?" Wolverine asked, his gaze not allowing any wrong answer from the man.

"Alright, alright!", Solo conceded with exasperation. "Chewie, take us in nice and slow. We don't need any surprises."

Chewbacca growled and looked once again at the sensor displays. It was no mistake, they were not being targetted by any weapon arrays. That didn't make any of them feel any better. The Falcon steadily climbed up the ISD's main hangar bay and touched down in a soft -- and unchallenged -- landing. The access ramp opened, and the X-Men and their pilots walked down into the hangar bay warily.

The scene before them was utter chaos. Unconscious bodies were sthrewn everywhere. A TIE Fighter had crashed on deck before it had managed to launch from the ship. The Red Alert status lights were glowing steadily and silently.

"This is not good", muttered Solo, knowing what an understatement that was.

"Nope", Logan agreed. "We better move fast and get up that bridge pronto."

Chewbacca growled a question as he brandished his bowcaster and Solo faced the Canadian. "Yeah, I hear you. What makes you think the action's going up up there."

"Gut feeling, boy. That an' my nose, they've never failed me before."

"Right", said Solo, not quite convinced. "Ok, let's go folks."

With that, the heroes ran across the hangar deck to the nearest turbolift. Running against time.
  20. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost

star 6
    The suspense is killing me!!!!
  21. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost

star 6
  22. Jedi Merkurian Episode VII Thread-Reaper

Manager
    star 6
    yes yes! More with the ups!
  23. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5
    Shamelessly hyping til next post....