X-Men The End

Discussion in 'Archive: The Amphitheatre' started by KaineDamo, Jul 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KaineDamo Jedi Youngling

star 5
    To be released on the 3rd of Augest, written by legend Chris Claremont, X-Men The End promises epicness on the scale of Lord Of The Rings. Split up into 3 chapters, each chapter 6 issues long, the series will be a total of 18 issues. The longest The End title yet, longer than most so called "ongoing" titles, i'm hoping it's the best The End title yet. And i'm sure it will be. It's also promised the title will show every single X-Man of the past, aswell as the new offspring of the X-Men. Here is a preview of the first issue.

SPOILERS OF THE FIRST ISSUE!!

I didn't read the whole preview, but already we get to see the child of Bishop, Nocturne, and Siren. The issue revolves around the Bishop kid, the Shi'ar empire and the Skrulls. It's definately getting an epic feel built up. The Bishop kid has some kind of secret mentor, i stopped reading 'cause i didn't want that spoilt for myself.
  2. darkcide Jedi Master

star 4
    X-Men was originally a DC concept called The Doom Patrol.
  3. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    Though I haven't had the opportunity to read them yet, I've been getting the Wolverine: The End comics as it came out over the past year- i didn't realize it was an "ongoing" kind of thing.

Are these considered to be part of regular continuity?
  4. KaineDamo Jedi Youngling

star 5
    They're tied closely to regular continuity, they don't change anything about past continuity. All but one of the End titles (the craptastic Marvel The End) are written in such a way that they could very well end up being continuity.

If Marvel goes bankrupt in 10 years and stop producing books, alot of The End books would be considered how the stories end. Thats the really cool thing about The End idea. But as they are now, they're not part of continuity simply because the characters the End stories are based off are still ongoing and nobody knows what the future holds.
  5. KaineDamo Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Come on, this is an itneresting topic for any X-Fan.
  6. Raven Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    I'm sort of disapointed. I didn't like the first issue all that much.
  7. KaineDamo Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Yeah? Why didn't you like it? It's an 18 issue long story, i'm sure it will all come together. I've yet to read the first issue.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.