main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive X-Men: The First Crusade

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by -Lord-Vader-, Jul 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Lord-Vader-

-Lord-Vader- Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 15, 2003
    Official POT Seal of Approval

This RPG will take place before all the mutants of the X-Men universe met. Magneto has just left his friendship with Charles Xavior and has started to form a mutant army. Charles Xavior has finally founded his school for gifted children.

The first part of the RPG will be the mutants forming sides. Since none of the mutants have met yet, other than Magneto and Xavior, it is your choice to whom you want to be allied with. Magneto is one choice and Xavior is the other.

Rules:

1. No GMing
    2. No posting other peoples damage
    3. No unappropriate language/situations ;)
    4. Only join if you will post at least once every two days
    5. You must be a mutant
    6. Some mutants are invincible, so if you choose one that is, I'll have to ask you to change your cahracter.
    7. I may have to limit your mutant powers if they get a little out of hand.
    8. Everybody dies, so if you get into a situation that there is no possible way of getting out of, just die. You can come back as another character.
    9. One character per person please.
    10. Use proper grammar, we're all over 13 here.
    11. RPG's are like storys, and each person plays a part of it. I'd like this RPG to be played in third person, meaning, Magneto then said, rather than, I then said. You are not the character, you are telling the story of the character. If you are having troubles figuring out what I mean by this, ask an verteran RPer.

Character Profile:

Name:
    Aliases:
    Physical Description: (Hair, Eyes, Skin) (Images are ok for this)
    Weapons:
    Mutant Powers:

We will start once a certain number of people join. :)

Mod Edit: Locked at Users Request. GOOD LUCK with the sequel. :)

2. -Lord-Vader-

Jan 15, 2003

Here's mine:

Name: Eric Magnus Lehnsherr
    Aliases: Magneto, Creator, Erik the Red, White King, Grey King, Michael Xavier, White Pilgrim
    Physical Description: [image=http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:Km9m9bsKvcEC:heroes.chez.tiscali.fr/g-spotl/images/magneto.jpg]
    Strenth Level: Magneto possesses the normal human strength of a man of his own age, height, and build who engages in moderate regular exercise. Magneto can use his magnetic powers to increase his physical strength up through the "Class 100" level (being able to routinely lift over 100 tons) and thus can lift a maximum of 30,000 tons.
    Weapons: None
    Mutant Powers: Magneto is a mutant with the superhuman power to control magnetism. He can shape and manipulate magnetic fields that exist naturally or artificially. It is unclear, however, whether he must draw magnetic force from outside himself (if so, then he can do so over vast distances), or whether he can also generate magnetic force from within himself. Nor is it clear whether Magneto's power is psionic or purely physiological in nature.
    Although Magneto's power is not on the level of the Silver Surfer in his prime, it is for all practical purposes limitless. Magneto can lift a cargo freighter weighing 30,000 tons 50 feet into the air from a distance of 300 feet away. Moreover, Magneto can use his magnetic powers in more than one way simultaneously. He can completely assemble a complicated machine within seconds through his powers. He can erect magnetic force fields with a high degree of impenetrability around himself for protection. Although Magneto often gestures when using his magnetic powers, he can utilize them fully even when standing totally still merely by concentrating.

Although Magneto's primary power is magnetism, he seems to have some ability to project or manipulate any form of energy that is related to magnetism. He can fire a bolt of electricity and create enough intense heat to destroy a metal door. Heat, or infrared radiation, is part of the electromagnetic spectrum, which also includes visible light, radio waves, ultraviolet light, gamma rays, and x-rays. Magneto can project any of these. He can create an anti-gravity field, and does so whenever he levitates a non-magnetic object. Hence, Magneto may be living proof of the long-sought Unified Field Theory that all forms of energy are related. However, Magneto almost always uses only magnetism since it is more difficult for him to manipulate other forms of energy.

Magneto has exhibited powers of astral projection and telepathy, and has claimed to be able to control the minds of others. His abilities along these lines are minimal, however enough, perhaps to protect himself against mightier telepaths, but not of great use otherwise.

Magneto's ability to wield his superhuman powers effectively is dependent upon his physical condition. When severely injured, his body is unable to withstand the strain of manipulating great amounts of magnetic forces.

Abilities: Magneto is an expert on genetic manipulation and engineering, with knowledge far beyond that of contemporary science. He may be a genius in these fields. He can mutate humans in order to give them, superhuman powers, or create adult clones of human beings and then manipulate the genetic structures of these clones during their development. He has learned how to create artificial living beings.
    Magneto has mastered many technological fields as well: for example, he has designed magnetically-powered skycraft and spacecraft, complex robots and computers, and magnetically-powered generators. Magneto is an excellent hand-to-hand combatant.

able to manipulate magnetic currents to gain total control over all forms of electromagnetism, allowing him to levitate and manipulate all objects made of metal, project concussive blasts and force fields, selectively generate heat and electricity, manipulate bloodflow to the brain to cause aneurysms or unconsciousness, and increase his power to absorb cold and electricity

EDIT: Picture

3. Jango313

Jango313 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2002
    OOC: Sounds great! Can't wait to start!

Name: Kurt Wagner
    Aliases: Nightcrawler
    Physical Description: Blue hair, Blue skin, Yellow eyes, 3 fingers, two toes, and a long forked tail.
    Mutant Powers: Teleportation.

BIO: Kurt is the son of Mystique and a German Count. He was born physically mutated and him and his mother were chased out of the town, Mystique saved herself by changing into a farmer and throwing Kurt off a bridge. Kurt was found by a worman who ran a traveling circus and was adopted by her. He became one of the attractions there called the Incredible Nightcrawler with his acrobatics in the circus. He's currently living a happy life right now.

4. Rogue_Squad_Leader-

Rogue_Squad_Leader- Jedi Master star 4

Aug 9, 2001
    Name: Logan (unknown)
    Aliases: Wolverine
    Physical Description : Excessive hair, Brown, white skin
    Weapons: His own wit and a mysterious adamantium skeleton
    Mutant Powers: accelarated healing and animal like senses (remeber the adamantium isnt a mutant power ;) )

Bio: his past has been erased from him Logan has only dogtags and claws for clues. He has been searching for his life for a long time (more coming I am currently busy cleaning my house)

5. Vegas_Sith

Vegas_Sith Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2003
    Name: Ororo Munroe
    Aliases: Storm
    Physical Description: long white hair, brown skin, blue eyes, I can't get the picture thing to work right now, but y'all probably know what she looks like anyway.
    Mutant Powers: Able to control the weather completely

6. -RavenTengu-

-RavenTengu- Jedi Youngling

Dec 19, 2002
    Name:Lucas Bishop
    Aliases:Bishop
    Physical Description:I would put a picture on but I am confused as to how to do it through the IGN help thing.
    Bishop possesses the normal human strength of a man of his age, height, and build who engages in intensive regular exercise.
    A "M" Tattoo over right eye
    Weapons:XSE guns that fire laser beams and plasma charges.
    Mutant Powers:Absorb energy fired at him and fire it back with hands.

7. Darth-Jango

Darth-Jango Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Name: Scott Summers
    Aliases: Cyclops
    Physical Description: Brown Hair, Red Goggles, Tall, Thin
    Weapons: none
    Mutant Powers: Optic Blast

8. Ani_dala

Ani_dala Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 18, 2003
    Name: Ciel
    Aliases: Waterfall
    Physical Description: Brown eyes with light green in them, my hair is light brown with golden highlits at shoulder lenght, I'm 5'2, I'm small but strong
    Mutant Powers: I can cotrol the water and I can dissapear and pass trough everything

9. CptCorranHorn

CptCorranHorn Jedi Master star 5

Oct 16, 2002
    Name: Bobby Drake

Aliases: Iceman

Physical Description: [image=http://digilander.libero.it/wolva86wb/iceman.jpg]

Weapons: see below

Mutant Powers: Iceman is able to lower his external and internal body temperature, thereby radiating intense cold. In addition, he can transform himself into ice at will and freeze any moisture in the air around him -- thus generating slides, shields, bats and other objects. He is immune to sub-zero temperatures.

10. -Lord-Vader-

Jan 15, 2003
    Great! Mabye just a few more people, but even after we start, people can join. :)

11. jediknight88

jediknight88 Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2002

Powers: Cable is an awesomly powerful telekinetic and telepath. However, the majority of his power is concentrated on keeping his techno-organic infection from spreading.

Significant reletives: Cyclops (Scott Summers, Father) Madylene Prior-Summers (Mother, Clone of Jean Grey, Deceased), Corsair (Major Christopher Summers, Leader of the Starjammers) Havok (Alex Summers, Uncle), Racheal Summers (Half-sister and god-mother in the futer), Slym and Redd Dayspring (Adoptive parents, actualy Cyclops and Pheonix in different bodies). -phew-!

After Jean Grey was thought dead (See Dark Pheonix Saga), Cyclops meet Madyline Prior, a lookalike for Jean Grey. Cyclops married her, and together , they had a son, Nathan. When Jean Grey was discoved alive, Cyclops left Maddie and Nathan, and Maddie in turn took Nathan.
    Discovering she was a mere clone of Scotts true love as orchestrated by Mr. Sinister, she started calling herself the "Goblyn Queen", and tried to let a bunch of goblins and demons invade earth by sacrificing baby Nathan. The X-Men and the newley formed "X-Factor" whupped her, and Scott and Jean raised Nathan as thier own.

As usual, tradegy struck. Apocalypse, realizing that Nathan could be a very poweful mutant, tried to kill him by subjuecting him to the Techno-Organic virus (A robotic virus which slowley assimilates its host into a robot). Cyclops could only save him by sending him 2000 years into the futer, into the arms of his time-traveling daughter from an alternate futer, Racheal (Now calling herself the Mother Askani). Not that he knew that, of course.

A few years later, some gun-nut named CABLE started causing all sorts of trouble in Charles Xaviers name. He eventualy mellowed out a little bit, and took over the reigns of leadership of the New Mutants, renaming them X-Force, after Magneto went evil again. Cable dissapered soon after, and re-appeared with a new team calling themselves "Six Pack" Including Domino and his son from the futer, Tyler.

[image=http://www.xmen-uk.co.uk/cable3.gif]

[image=http://www.gottawiz.com/images/Comics/Marvel/XMen/X-Force/cable.jpg]

12. Rogue_Squad_Leader-

Aug 9, 2001
    here is my picture
    [image=http://marvel.com/comics/onsale/covers/0703/uxm_35.jpg]

OOC: we may need some more villians to start...

13. Obi-HaCoR

Obi-HaCoR Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2002
    Name: Alex Summers
    Aliases: Havok
    Physical Description: 6 feet tall, 175 pounds, Blonde Hair, and Brown Eye
    [image=http://www.scott.linkt.com.au/bios/havok3.jpg] (current costume in RP)

Mutant Powers: Solar Generated Plasma Blasts. Havok has the ability to absorb ambient cosmic energy, and release it in waves that heat the air in their path, turning it to plasma. These waves emanate from his entire body unless he specifically controls their path (usually along the length of his arms). Havok is immune to the heat he generates, although it is not yet known if he is immune to other sources of heat. Havok's body constantly absorbs radiation. When his body reaches its maximum limit, he begins to emit the energy in negligible amounts. If Havok completely depletes his power, it takes about 16.5 hours to fully recharge.

Bio: Alex is the youngest of two sons of Christopher Summers, a test pilot. His family was flying back from vacation when they were attacked by a Shi'ar scout ship. His mother pushed him and his brother Scott (Cyclops) out of the plane with the only available parachute. Scott and Alex believed their parents had died, until they were reunited with their father in their adulthood. The two boys were hospitalized with their injuries from their landing, and both suffered traumatic amnesia. Alex was discharged from the hospital two week later, while Scott remained in a coma. The two had no further contact until years later.

Alex did not become aware of Scott's mutant powers or his role in the X-Men until his own powers began to develop. An archaeologist named Ahmet Abdol, also a mutant, discovered a link between himself and Alex. Unable to control his powers, Alex chose to remain in the Egyptian desert rather than returning with the X-Men. He was soon captured by mutant hunting Sentinels, and taken to their headquarters. Here he was given the code name Havok and a costume that monitored the build-up of energy within his body. When the X-Men freed him and the other captive mutants, Alex returned with the X-Men to begin training to control his powers.

[image=http://www.scott.linkt.com.au/bios/havok1.jpg] [image=http://www.scott.linkt.com.au/bios/havok2.gif] [image=http://www.geocities.com/WestHollywood/Village/8288/Alex5.gif]

OOC:
    This RPG will take place before all the mutants of the X-Men universe met. Magneto has just left his friendship with Charles Xavior and has started to form a mutant army. Charles Xavior has finally founded his school for gifted children.

The first part of the RPG will be the mutants forming sides. Since none of the mutants have met yet, other than Magneto and Xavior, it is your choice to whom you want to be allied with. Magneto is one choice and Xavior is the other.

Rogue : You can be Wolverine if you'de like and not necessarily be on Xaviers side since none of the X-Men have met yet. We can choose sides, so we don't have to pick villians really. Be whoever we want to be and choose the sides ourselves.

14. -Lord-Vader-

Jan 15, 2003
    ^^^^ Exactly!

But, I know of two more people that will join, and thats about all we need I think. But anyone can join, no matter what the time is.

15. Rogue_Squad_Leader-

Aug 9, 2001
    oh yeah I knew that

// slaps himself in the face

16. Diverjkc

Diverjkc Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 9, 2002
    Name: David Cresh
    Aliases: Sandstorm
    Physical Description: Blue on blue eyes(think Fremen, Frank Herbert's Dune) Shock white hair, Light tan skin
    Mutant Powers: He can disolve himself into a whirl of sand and sandblast his enemys. He can simply blind them, or scoure the flesh off their bones. He has a unique silicone based body, becoming almost invinciable against physical attacks, even being able to "pull himself together" after the most brutal of attacks. His great weakness is his respect for life, he will never kill or fight unless given no other choice. He prefers to run if confronted.

Hope this is ok.

17. exodus411

exodus411 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 2003
    Name: Luke Irvine
    Aliases: Inferno
    Physical Description: Black hair, brown eyes, 6'0, 150lbs, lean body build
    Weapons: His powers
    Mutant Powers: Can make flames appear out of nowhere

BIO: Luke is the son of a California movie director, and his supermodel Asian wife. He was raised in LA, and then moved to New York, when he was 15. His parents divorced, and he lived with his grandfather, (on his mother's side), who taught him Kung Fu. His mutant powers developed when he was 19, and he has developed a new way to fight, with Fire and Kung Fu.

18. Ani_dala

Jun 18, 2003
    Cool we haev more peoples :)

Well I want to be with Xavier

19. -Lord-Vader-

Jan 15, 2003
    Well, first we need an Xavior.....

For the people who chose either Waterfall, Sandstorm, or Inferno, are those actual mutants from either the comics or the TV show? I've never heard of them. You have to be a already stated mutant.

We'll start soon.

20. Ani_dala

Jun 18, 2003
    We have to, it isn't like the otehr RPG's?

21. Mistryl

Mistryl Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2003
    Name: Marie D'Ancanto
    Aliases: Rogue
    Physical Description: brown hair with white streaks, brown eyes
    Weapons:
    Mutant Powers: can absorb mutants powers and absorbs others life forces.

BIO: Rogue is a runaway. She left her family after she discovered her mutation and had put some one into a coma.

22. Diverjkc

Diverjkc Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 9, 2002
    Well if this is before any of the comics/movies/tvshows took place, then isn't it possible that some mutants died before that, or went into hiding? Why must we be stuck within the pre-imposed boundries of someones elses immagination? That is like saying that Microsoft can make the things it already has better, but cannot create anything new. My creations are just as good as anything on paper, with the minor problem of my being artisticly challenged.

23. Ani_dala

Jun 18, 2003
    Yeah me too, can't It be like the other RPG"S you know "you may choose a character from the movie, or you can make up your own"

24. exodus411

exodus411 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 2003
    I agree, but if It's a problem, someone make up a character sheet for Pyro, and I'll play him. That's why I picked Inferno, because I knew nothing about Pyro.

25. -Lord-Vader-

Jan 15, 2003
    If you just switch the name from Inferno to Pyro it'd be ok. The profiles are just about the same. :)

On the subject of making your own characters, I just dont like the idea of having characters that no ones ever seen/heard of before. This is an Xmen RPG, there are plenty of other mutants to choose from. If you have any more concerns, please PM me.

EDIT: Im waiting on four people then we can start.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.