main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Det, MI X-Men: The Last Stand 7 minute preview on FOX May 11

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by BlastyTrooper, May 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlastyTrooper

BlastyTrooper Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2003
    As Fox recently announced the final episode of That '70s Show, the network also confirmed that they will be airing a 7-minute preview of the upcoming theatrical film, X-Men: The Last Stand. The show will air Thursday, May 11 (8:30-8:37 PM ET/PT) on Fox.

2. DetroitBountyHunter

DetroitBountyHunter Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 10, 2003
    I happened to watch 70's show so i saw the 7 minute tralier. HOLY CRAP!!!! It was awsome and I can't wait to see this movie it looks better and better everytime I see something new.

3. robt666

robt666 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 11, 2005
    I saw it.. All I have to say is "I have a bad feeling about this" I hope it turns out to be a good movie but some stuff I have read about the plot and story are not sitting to well with me. It is not the same guy that directed the last 2 movies. The big part that made my gut sink is when in the lil 7 min movie clip it shows Angel pop out is pretty lil white wings and then a big,long dramatic pause kicked in. God I hope this turns out to be good. Any way I am still going to be one of the guys who goes opening weekend

4. Qonas

Qonas Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2003
    Thank god someone else at least mentions reservations about the movie. The spoiler rumors for the plot have been so horrendously bad, and yet people are just eating up the eye-candy trailers and acting as if all will be well. Only me and the hosts on G4 are the ones holding up the fort in the "X3 is going to crash badly" camp, heh.

5. lavagrrrl

lavagrrrl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    I don't know what G4 is, but I thought that thing last night was pretty cool! Mike, I'll be sure to tell you how wrong I am if it sucks, I just hope I don't have to. :D

6. huttese1138

huttese1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    G4 is Mike's digital girlfriend/wet dream! - seriously though, its just a cable network about anything and everything technology.

The movie is going to be fine. But I do think, with a loaded summer lineup, that it may be the fourth or fifth best movie that comes out between now and August.

My personal lineup of most anticipated, in order of excitement:

Talladega Nights
    Superman Returns
    Clerks II
    X3
    Over the Hedge - sucker for animation and mark for Steve Carrell.
    Cars - see above, minus Carrell remark
    The Break Up - Vince Vaugh is that deal

Movies I'll see eventually, but will most likely leave me as unsatisfied as a Saturday night in Mike's denims:

The Da Vinvi Code
    The Omen
    Poseidon
    Pirates of the Carribean 2 - I understand a lot of people are looking forward to this, but I'm just not feeling it.

7. huttese1138

Mar 9, 2002
    By the way, saw "Brick" at the Main Art Theatre last night and it was a very good movie. New spin on detective/mystery story with settings not typically associated with film noir.

8. lavagrrrl

lavagrrrl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    X3 and Superman are tops on my list. I never read the comics/graphic novels, so I'm free of all the background info that might make it bad for me (i.e., the reason I hate the vast majority of movies based on books). :D

I would have put Clerks II down in the Maybe list. After that horrible Jersey Girl, it's going to take something really, really, really good from Kevin Smith to wash the flavor of Ben Affleck from my memory.

I'll be skipping The Da Vinci Code. I read the book and was less than impressed by the weak plotting and pathetic ending. Who knows, maybe bad books make great movies? Either way, I'll wait for the network TV showing.

I agree about PotC2. This smells like something bad just waiting to happen. I'm sure I'll see it, but I'm going in with low expectations. Then again, I loved the first one and wasn't expecting to like it. :D

9. huttese1138

Mar 9, 2002
    Understandable. I didn't read The Da Vinci Code and I didn't allow myself to watch Jersey Girl, so I may be in a little better shape to see those movies.

Just caught the seven minute thing from X3 over at dell.com. I thought it was pretty good, KG's Beast looked to be very well done.

10. Qonas

Qonas Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2003
    I won't be seeing either X3 or Da Vinci Code, but pretty much everything else on the docket for this summer looks to be pretty good.

Clerks 2 is the movie I am most hyped up about. Jersey Girl was, yes, not good but going back to the Jersey Trilogy setting/characters will provide Smith with a safety blanket. Not that he'll need it, if the stuff from the online trailer is any indication. There are plenty of discussions milling about that Clerks 2 is Smith's best work. I can't wait for it to come out.

Talladega Nights will simply rule. Period. "I'd like to thank God for blessing me with my two children...Walker and Texas Ranger." GOLD.

And G4 nowadays is more like the girl you fall in love with, and everything's great for the first few weeks, but then you discover she was using you, she's been cheating on you, and just as an added bonus she 'accidentally' ran over your cat. G4 used to be video-game television, now it's frickin' Spike TV with one true video game show left. The rest is all eye-candy for hormonal men, and Star Trek reruns. You know, like Spike TV. Ugh. I feel so betrayed, to think I let G4 into my house and my heart. [face_shame_on_you]

11. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    I did not get to see it. But I got to see something better: Smallville. Season final.

The movies that i'm most looking forward to are:

Superman Returns.
    Cars. Haley wants to see this so bad.
    Pirates of the Caribbean II. Its Disney.
    Talladega Nights.
    Snakes on a Plane.
    You, Me and Duprre. Owen Wilson
    The Break-Up. Vince Vaughn.
    X-Men 3
    Click

12. DetroitBountyHunter

Feb 10, 2003
    X-men 3 and clerks 2 are the two i can not wait to see this summer. I'm reading Da Vinci Code right now so i'll probably judge how bad i want to see the movie on how good the book is. I hear so many different oppinons on the book that i had to read it myself to judge. POTC 2 looks allright from the trailers so i'll probably try and see it sometime.

I know people may not like to hear this, mike and dustin, but never really liked superman so that is one i'll probably skip. Nothing impressed me too much from the trailer other then spacy as luthor so i'll wait and rent it.

13. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    You don't like Superman. :( With out him we would have no Batman, Spiderman, or the X-Men. How could you not like some that stands for truth, justice, and the American way.

14. DetroitBountyHunter

Feb 10, 2003
    I honestly don't know why. Never really read the comics(always read the x-men ones), never really watched the show on the WB, and never was a fan of the movies. Can't really explain it but just not a superman fan. If i hear good things from other people i'll rent it but as far as spending 10 bucks at the theater, magic eight ball saids "outlook not good."

15. huttese1138

Mar 9, 2002
    Actually, Barry, I was the same way. I never really cared for Superman growing up and I'm not a big fan of the original movies. It wasn't until I started to watch Smallville that I got into the character. Something about Clark Kent growing with his powers and learning to utilize them carries the show much further than I originally thought it could.

As for the movie, I don't really have high expectations for the film. I do like the idea of Spacey as Lex Luthor and I think Bryan Singer has proven himself capable of directing a comic book movie (X1 and X2). We'll see how it turns out.

16. Gold-Five

Gold-Five Jedi Youngling

Dec 5, 2004
    Hmmm...well I guess I should admit that I am not a Superman fan either. I was not big into superheroes either growing up (maybe because my parents wouldn't buy me comic books? Or maybe because of SuperFriends [face_beatup] ). However the first Batman movie really changed my outlook. That was, and still is, a cool movie. Plus, the X-men and Spiderman movies have really rocked too. But Superman...just doesn't work for me. His powers are too powerful, almost godlike. Might as well call him Apollo or something.

So to all of the Superman fans out there, I wish you well and I hope you get the movie you are looking forward to. I will save my $ for X-men 3.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.