main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

X-MEN2 In Production (News Inside!)

Discussion in 'Archive: Your Jedi Council Community' started by Nabooty_Call, Feb 20, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KaineDamo

KaineDamo Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 6, 2002
    I picked up Uncanny X-Men for the first time in ages, and bought my first ever Xtreme X-Men book. What i can't understand... if they're tied together, why is Wolverine in both books? How is he in two places at once? And why is he on the cover of, like, 6 completely seperate titles at one time!!

2. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    It is very interesting that way! Some comics I read have nothing to do with their covers. :p

But I have to say I am also confused about that. But I am not sure fi they are all linked together. It would make sense but If Wolvie is in them all almost then it's not really all the plausable.
    But what are you going to do?

3. KaineDamo

Mar 6, 2002
    Wolverine is... Multiple Man!!

4. 1stAD

1stAD Jedi Youngling star 5

May 10, 2001
    I'm not sure, but I think that the titles don't occur simulatenously within any given month, so that might explain Wolvie appearing everywhere.

Of course, the real reason is that Wolverine = $$$

5. KaineDamo

Mar 6, 2002
    Even so... Wolverine would have to travel across the country, back and forth from team to team, while finding the time for his own adventures, for it all to make any sense. It just isn't plausable for him and they should just stick him with one damn team.

6. KosmicKnine

KosmicKnine Jedi Padawan star 4

May 31, 2002
    It just isn't plausable for him and they should just stick him with one damn team.

But if they did that, they couldn't capitalize on the baffling (to me at least) Wolverine craze that's been going on the past couple of years. The way some people act, one would think that Wolverine was the best comic book character of all creation and that all other characters are there to service the betterment of his character. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy Wolverine, but only in moderation; I never like any one character being overused. But it's as 1stAD said, Wolverine seems to be extremely popular right now, so having him everywhere will chance a greater amount of money for Marvel.

7. Wolf

Wolf Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Seriously! Wolverine has his own comic for god's sake!! HE SHOULD NOT be in all three x-titles. And it isn't even like this month was special and he guest stared... he has been in all three x-titles for a few months now.. (on and off in xtreame)

8. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    FROM EW.COM :

Nothing spurs mutation like money. Still basking in the $155 million global opening for ''X2: X-Men United,'' Fox confirms that plans for a sequel are indeed in motion. But how exactly will it play out? ''X2'''s cliff-hanger ending saw the telekinetic Jean Grey (Famke Janssen) lay down her life for her friends. Or did she? Here, we present speculative answers to X-cruciating sequel questions.

What happens neXt? In the 1970s and '80s X-Men comics, Grey sacrifices herself to save her mutant comrades (as in ''X2''). She then rises, resurrected as Phoenix, a vessel of unlimited power. Eventually, she sacrifices herself again -- permanently -- to save the universe from an apocalypse of her own making.

Is this the blueprint for ''X3''? ''Wolverine's story is the fun one,'' says ''X2'' writer David Hayter, ''but the heart of the X-Men really revolves around what's happening to Jean and if we see her in the future.''

Here's the catch: For maximum impact, this story line requires all the X-ers. Janssen has signed on for another film. Which brings us to...

Who's coming back? ''Technically, I'm done,'' says Halle Berry, and boy, she sounds like she means it. The Oscar winner has made it no secret that she feels her character, Storm, has been marginalized; and with a career as busy as hers, she could easily afford to skip future ''X''s. The story might weather her departure, but could it afford to lose Hugh Jackman, whose Wolverine is in a love triangle with Grey and Cyclops (James Marsden, whose contract must also be renegotiated)? ''There's a lot to explore'' is all Jackman will say about ''X3.'' ''He's a very three-dimensional character.''

Ian McKellen (Magneto) also expresses guarded interest: ''If the script -- and my part in it -- were any good, and if I liked the director, and if, of course, I was asked, I should be happy to return.''

The X-kids -- Anna Paquin (Rogue), Aaron Stanford (Pyro), and Shawn Ashmore (Iceman) -- will return, but a ''Generation NeXt'' movie seems doubtful. Says director Bryan Singer: ''The two that are most essential would be Wolverine and Professor Xavier [Patrick Stewart].''

As for Singer, he's not actually signed, but he's assuming he'll be back. ''The only issue for me is, I'm desiring to do something in between. I had wanted to do something between the first two films and I didn't.'' He's already developing a Sci Fi Channel project with ''Independence Day'' producer Dean Devlin.

Will there be new mutants? Is Patrick Stewart bald? Singer can't tell us who or what will be in the next movie; but he's a big fan of the winged Angel, the azure-furred Beast, and the card-throwing Cajun Gambit -- who might present Iceman with some competition for the affections of Rogue, Singer hints.

9. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    I posted this at Music forum initially, but it got closed. I don't know why...

I just got the X2 soundtrack yesterday.

It's recommended you SEE X2 before you read this thread, it may contain spoilers!

My short review:

My favorite piece is of course the theme of X-men 2 that you'd hear in the beginning of the movie. It's like the X-men cartoon theme, but with a movie style. However, it only goes for like 10-15 second, and that's it. Quite a shame that piece does not occur more often in the whole soundtrack & the movie itself I wish it did. #1 and #16

My second favorite piece is Pyro's theme, the soundtrack doesn't say specifically it's "Pyro's theme", but if you go see the movie you'll understand that music appears everytime Pyro shows up. Pyro has choosen the Dark Side! Dark side music like Star Wars, always good. I didn't really like Pyro but this music did help me like him more #1 #12 #14

My third favorite piece is Mystique and Lady DeathStrike's theme, #4 and #13 One of my complaints is the composer did not use Kamen's X-men 1's mystique theme (quite good actually) into this.

My fourth favorite theme is the Dark cerebro (It's time) theme, it gaves the movie a suspenseful feel when I saw it. #8

My Fifth favorite is the finale music where they must stop the dark cerebro and get out of the Dam.
    One of my complaints with this one is it did not use the X-men theme (#1, #16) in this one. #14

Perfect storm is a fifth , and Mansion attack is 6th favorite. You will actually hear a subtle X-men theme, but it wasn't full. #2 AND #6

"Magneto's Old tricks" when he Escaped from the prison is a pretty good theme, 7th favorite. #9

Sad to say, None of themes had a signature "Across the stars" or "Duel Of the Fates" feel though.

Another complaint, the camp scene where Mystique transformed into Jean Grey to seduct Wolverine - that theme was not on this sndtrack.

Hopefully in X-men 3 there is a real X-men theme, that had the grandness of Star Wars, Batman, themes. I mean, X-men is a great movie saga, it deserve a Big Theme.

10. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    Bring on Gambit and Beast FULLY ;)

11. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
  12. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    Wolverine is... Multiple Man!!
    Yes..yes he is. :p He must be.
    It makes sense he is the most important guy in the entire line/series of anything. :D

I hadn't really realized that though. Now I do!

I saw "beast" in it for a few seconds though. He was on a TV set. It said "Dr. McCoy" on it so It was him. But you didn't see enough of him to make anyhting out.

13. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    Going to see the movie tomorrow (yippie!) and getting horribly spoiled ;)

As previously mentioned, Wolverine has his own comic series because he's such a popular character. And because new plots are needed, and sometimes the "ol'" plot isn't good enough, there has to be a certain amount of artistic license, where the story is twisted. It's not the best thing to do, of course, because it creates confusion and it's hard to make up your mind about which is the "real" X-Man - the one in his own comic series, or the one together with the rest.

The same happens to Gambit in his own series - in the X-Men comics, he's absolutely nuts over Rogue, but in his own comic, he also hits on a girl called Minnie at one time. It's irregular, and frustrating at times, so it's essentially a matter of deciding what you wish for the "real" storyline to be and treating the rest as...a pleasant diversion.

--Gambit fan [face_love] (wants to see him in X3 - a mere mention of the name Remy LeBeau isn't enough :D )

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  14. 1stAD

May 10, 2001
    Those miniseries are godawful [face_plain]

They're inconsistent, and generally suck. I thought the turn of the millenium had seen the end of those, but lo and behold we have that Wolverine Origins POS that adds nothing to the character.

15. 1stAD

May 10, 2001
    JC brokey, no let me edit-y [face_plain]

Anyways, I've recently begun to get into X-Men again via the various trade paperbacks (I stopped reading around X-Men #70) and was wondering if there were any recommendations for X-Treme X-Men. Bad title aside, it has my favorite characters and I like the art; on the other hand, it's written by Chris Clairemont, and I don't have many fond memories of his stuff :p

16. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Wow.

***WARNING: LINKS TO PROFANITY AND SEXUAL SITUATIONS***

These are the funniest things I've heard in a while. I doubt this will make the Outtake Real -- but we can always hope! :)

***WARNING: LINKS TO PROFANITY AND SEXUAL SITUATIONS***

17. KaineDamo

Mar 6, 2002
    There are very few bad reviews of X2. But among them is a reviewer that things X2 is extremely anti-Republican and another that thinks the movie is a sign of homosexuals trying to take over hollywood.

18. BoutyPunkrAurra

BoutyPunkrAurra Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 21, 2001
    yeah people will take movies like this one WAY out of context just as an excuse to preach about their own sick beleifs....

i have a question: will they be making a third film? i hope they do, but i was doubtful....

19. KosmicKnine

May 31, 2002
    another that thinks the movie is a sign of homosexuals trying to take over hollywood.

Oh yum, intolerance. I still find myself surprised each time I hear of someone blatantly missing one of the greater points of the X-Men; it makes me wonder if they just didn't bother paying attention to anything other than the explosions or if they flat out disagree with the concept of tolerance.

20. sleazo

sleazo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 13, 2001
    they flat out disagree with the idea of tolerance. Look at who you are dealing with.

21. Old Republic Royalty

Old Republic Royalty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 1998
    Republicans are sort of the bad guys, politically, in the movie (I just watched the X-1 extras this last weekend and the pretend "hearing" is so blatant it's funny). I don't think that anyone who made the movie was trying to make a statement. They just see *republicans* as being much less tolerant.

22. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    As an aside- any lingering doubts I had about X-Men: Evolution are erased now, after seeing the second season 2-part finale "Day of Reckoning"- Sentinel prototype unveiled (kind of a cross between standard sentinel design and the Iron Giant); Collosus, Gambit & Pyro fighting for Magneto against the X-men & brotherhood; mutants revealed to the world during x-men/sentinel battle; and the Xavier Institute is completely destroyed.

Cool, cool stuff ::)

23. darthspino

darthspino Tucson FF Founding Member star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    Whoa! When is this X-Men Evolution season finale your talking about? :eek:

24. KosmicKnine

May 31, 2002
    I watched X-Men Evolution tonight as well (and the past few nights too). It's an interesting take on the X-Men story, to say the least. I love how in it the Scarlet Witch is so goth. I've always seen Wanda rendered as a rather pristine character, so to see her designed differently for X-M:E, it's really cool. I don't particularly like that Mystique has such a strong snake-like appearance though. With Cyclops's bit of falling out with the team in last night's episode, it was cool to see him figure out that Mystique was posing as Professor X at the end of tonight's ep. Having seen the X-Mansion destroyed multiple times in the comics, seeing it blown up in tonight's episode wasn't that big of a deal to me, but Mystique's maneuvering to get into the control room to set the self-distruct was a new way of it happening, so it wasn't a complete waste. I wonder if Professor X anticipated the revolt by Mystique and the Brotherhood and basically let it happen in hopes that it'd bring the X-Men closer together. With his annoyance that they pretty much sucked as a team in the last episode, I could see him doing so.

Anyway, as with many people, X2 has caused me to yet again become interested in the X-Men. I haven't shunted off to pick up any of the newer issues of the comics yet, but I might soon.

25. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    >>With his annoyance that they pretty much sucked as a team in the last episode, I could see him doing so. <<

Actually, I think that was actually Mystique posing as Charles.

As for her design- I think she looked differently earlier in the series, and her new appearance is the result of her exposure to Magneto's mutant-power-acceleration machine he had on Asteroid M.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.